Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: You think people are laughing at you

sudoer

sudoer

Greycel
Whenever I hear people laughing nearby I think it's about me because I look like shit. Anybody can relate?

UPDATE:
This happens to me almost everyday, but the specific occasion that made me write this post happened 2 days ago at my faculty. I was walking up the stairs to the 2nd level and there was a group of young people in the entrance and just when I reached the 2nd floor and was in full view for those people I hear them behind me: "skinny man ready for action! hahahah!". I didn't or don't want to believe they laughed at me and I just continued walking.

Last edited:
same experience for most of my life, it's because of school bullying

Whenever I hear people laughing nearby I think it's about me because I look like shit. Anybody can relate?
This is SO ME.

I can relate to this. It is a weird feeling, but it was definitely caused by negative reinforcement in my life.

This was one of the causes of my social anxiety

Yes because they are laughing at me

it's normal reaction after years of bullying
Dc Comics Joker GIF by Max

Everytime bro, it's like I got Ptsd or something.

Yes because they are laughing at me

Oh...

Women are not laughing at your ugliness unless you're going out of your way to talk to them.

If you're fat, they probably are laughing at you. Short? Maybe, I've seen it.

Women are not laughing at your ugliness unless you're going out of your way to talk to them.

If you're fat, they probably are laughing at you. Short? Maybe, I've seen it.
even if you're not fat nor short but awkward looking and social outcast they will laugh at you still

Yes, I get uncomfortable whenever I hear normies laughing.

It's not always paranoia.
If people interacting around me start to giggle or have smug smile when someone talks about me or with me then some normies in the streets also can laugh at me.
Paranoia is justified sometimes.

UPDATE:
This happens to me almost everyday, but the specific occasion that made me write this post happened 2 days ago at my faculty. I was walking up the stairs to the 2nd level and there was a group of young people in the entrance and just when I reached the 2nd floor and was in full view for those people I hear them behind me: "skinny man ready for action! hahahah!". I didn't or don't want to believe they laughed at me and I just continued walking.
incel trait: 84 post joined 2019

I walk fast with my head down in public. The only thing worse than being laughed at would be looking up and having it confirmed I was the target.

Truecel trait: They are actually laughing at you.

I don't just think, they are laughing at me or talking about me behind my back.

yeah this shit hurts i have to convince myself hard that they dont care about me every time

Truecel trait: You know they are

UPDATE:
i relate.

when you gaslight yourself to think they're not laughing at you and it works for a few months until you pay attention and they're are actually laughing at you.
happened to me in the gym, that's why I bought equipment for a home gym instead

Because they often are

Laughing at someone for the way they look (something out of their control), makes no logical sense.

It’s no diffERent to laughing at a dog for being born as a dog, when it didn’t choose to be born as a dog.

Just shows how stupid normies r

They want to make it clear that you do not belong to greatER society, they would murdER you if they could get away with it but the existence of a legal system providing you with protection, means they have to employ more covERt tactics like bullying, rejecting, socially isolating, alienating, ostracising and humiliating you, so that you become so mentally ill that you r unable to work a job and thERefore end up living as a homeless pERson/being put in jail (or mental ward) and/or dying a premature death.

Society is killing us indirectly, in the most slow, prolonged, torturous way that a pERson can be killed (putting a pERson through so much negative reinforcement that thERe is no longER any soul left inside them, they just become a cold emotionless ghost occupying a human body, being physically alive but MENTALLY DEAD)

Last edited:
Because they often are

Sometimes I feel so much rage, I dream of shutting down their laughtER and replacing it with cries of pain and screams of fear.

They r in no position to laugh at us, we should be the ones laughing at them for being so illogical and lacking intelligence/self-awareness about reality.

Yet in this backwards clown reality, the clowns are laughing at the normal people.

This is just like the movie jokER. The charactER jokER appears to be a mentally ill crazy clown to a normie viewER.

But a blackpilled viewER realises that the film creates a juxtaposition between the JokER (a normal pERson who dresses/behaves/acts like a clown) and the rest of clown society which dresses/behaves/acts like normal people.

JokER’s clown charactER is a mockERy of the clown society he is living in, and normies (within the movie itself) may be laughing at him but he is laughing right back at them, because deep down he knows that they are the real abnormal clowns, so he isn’t fazed by their laughtER towards him as he is aware of his role in society (as a revolutionary) and normies’ role in society (as jestERs).

Laughing at someone for the way they look (something out of their control), makes no logical sense.

It’s no diffERent to laughing at a dog for being born as a dog, when it didn’t choose to be born as a dog.

They want to make it clear that you do not belong to greatER society, they would murdER you if they could get away with it but the existence of a legal system providing you with protection, means they have to employ more covERt tactics like bullying, rejecting, socially isolating, alienating, ostracising and humiliating you, so that you become so mentally ill that you r unable to work a job and thERefore end up living as a homeless pERson/being put in jail (or mental ward) and/or dying a premature death.

Society is killing us indirectly, in the most slow, prolonged, torturous way that a pERson can be killed (putting a pERson through so much negative reinforcement that thERe is no longER any soul left inside them, they just become a cold emotionless ghost occupying a human body, being physically alive but MENTALLY DEAD)
Wow, you figured it out

So fucking trueee

The paranoia is justified

I am almost convinced they are laughing at me...

UPDATE:
Non nt problems, I have the same issue.

Yes, all the time.

Well said.

Sometimes it's because they are

I get cortisol spikes whenever i hear people laughing, even more so if it's a group

It's either that or thinking someone is calling your name but nobody is. That happened just today

Incel trait: People DO laugh at you