Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Incel trait: You can understand many languages, but you can't speak.

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Pyromaniac | Humanity needs genocide
★★
I wonder if this is just me or if this is an actual socially isolated hermit trait. I literally never talk to people so I never get the opportunity to practice new languages, but for the languages that I do learn, listening & reading is far easier than speaking for me. German I understand 90%, but speaking is just conversational. French I understand almost all of it, but I can't speak at all. Arabic I can understand depending on the dialect, but let's say I understand 90% to 95%, but again speaking is shit because I never talk to Arabs, can only really speak 1 specific dialect. Same thing with Berber language, although understand a bit less. I learned Japanese for a very short while and I can understand quite a bit already and have learned many Kanji, but again, 0 speaking practice and I would sound extremely retarded if I attempted to speak it. Not that it matters for Japanese XD.

My Dutch, my native language, has also gotten worse when it comes to speaking due to complete social isolation. English is probably my best language because it's basically the language I use on a daily basis on the internet. I think they call this receptive fluency, where obtaining the information is no issue, but active command of the language is impossible.

Last edited:
try duolingo
Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

Can confirm. I speak like retard.

I have the opposite problem, I can speak languages but barely understand a native speaking it

:yes::feelsrope:

I can understand a good solid 70% of what they say but have a really hard time articulating the same. I think it’s just low IQ honestly, any normal person wouldn’t find themselves having this much problem with it. :fuk:

:yes::feelsrope:

I can understand a good solid 70% of what they say but have a really hard time articulating the same. I think it’s just low IQ honestly, any normal person wouldn’t find themselves having this much problem with it. :fuk:
Well there are 50 billion Arabic dialects so that might have something to do with it. I speak Darija, more specifically a northern Moroccan dialect, I can understand the local Syrian refugees perfectly, however I can't speak their dialect at all. Meanwhile, they don't understand my Moroccan dialect either.

No language for your face

in this forum someone mentioned that incels who have difficulties in speaking languages is because they sleep poorly and have less sleep than normal people and that affects rem sleep. REM sleep helps new neural connections to be strengthened. it is important for learning a language as it makes the creation of new neural networks in the brain. also helps deep sleep, two things that the average incel does not have because they sleep very poorly unlike chad or normie.

As an awkward weirdcel autist, it's hard for me to speak even in my native language.

Fakecels: I can understand German and a dozen other languages but can't speak it
Trucels: I am subhuman turbomanlet curry with lots of genetic defects. I want to die.

Fakecels: I can understand German and a dozen other languages but can't speak it
Trucels: I am subhuman turbomanlet curry with lots of genetic defects. I want to die.
Retarded and unrelated