Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I'm scared of death

• Thread starter Deleted member 33054
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33054

BANNED FOR LIFE
-

Sleeping is definitely not similar to death, we will never know what it's like to die. Look at the difference between the MRI of a sleeping person and a person who is biologically dead. Really big difference, a sleeping person's brain activity is still very high whilst the biologically dead's is at the lowest scale which means there is no brain activity at all. Now how would that feel like if the person died getting their brains blown off? When we sleep, we sometimes dream and can see visuals and audio because our brain still has some activity. But when there is completely nothing in our brain activity, what do we see? what do we hear? Just thinking about ultimately losing my consciousness and death gives me a panic attack. Someone please send my dead body to the moon, I don't want my brain to be eaten by maggots!

Attachments

• 1615480250044.png
    1615480250044.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Have you ever been on general anesthesia? It's like instant time skip from your perspective with NOTHING in between I think death is like that but you won't wake up.
Unless you believe in some bullshit afterlife cope

Have you ever been on general anesthesia? It's like instant time skip from your perspective with NOTHING in between I think death is like that but you won't wake up.
Yes I've been on anesthesia. Shit is fucking scary when I think about it. The nurse injected me with some kind of liquid and the next thing I remember, I woke up in a different room. And I think even the brain activity of a drugged person is still way higher than a dead person's (Look at the brain of a person in vegetative state)

You should celebrate death. embrace it. It means you no harm.

One of my biggest fears is having to lay in darkness for all eternity after I die. :feelsseriously: Hope you feel better brocel

Yes I've been on anesthesia. Shit is fucking scary when I think about it. The nurse injected me with some kind of liquid and the next thing I remember, I woke up in a different room. And I think even the brain activity of a drugged person is still way higher than a dead person's (Look at the brain of a person in vegetative state)
That brain activity is not enough for any consciousness, and in vegetative state they may even have dead brain cortex (where are all your higher neuro functions located, it's not life necessary) so these people are basically like biorobots

Ironically, people who are atheists are the most afraid of death out of everyone.

Based and blackpilled

Because religious people are coping.
Considering no one knows what happens after death, I'd say everyone is coping.

Eating is cope, sleeping is cope, breathing is cope, suicide is cope. The very idea that all copes are a bad thing is pretty stupid. Even you using this website is cope.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't give less of a shit what you or anyone here believes in. Unless you have the answer (I know you don't,) It really doesn't matter to me.

I personally believe what happens after death is whatever you think it is.

For example, if you believe that you'll cease to exist, that'll be your outcome, whereas someone who believes in whatever God entity's afterlife they believe in will recieve that.

In this case both parties win. Atheists recieve their wanted removal from existence and people who believe in an afterlife receieve theirs.

20210122 185144

You'll be fine when you're dead because you'll be dead. Quite a lot of people don't seem to realise that.

we will never know what it's like to die.
You can imagine the death of someone else, right ? Unless you're solipsistic, it shouldn't be harder to imagine yours.

When you die, the world keeps spinning, the only difference is that your point of view does not exist anymore, but I guess that is too much to comprehend for some.

Last edited:
Considering no one knows what happens after death, I'd say everyone is coping.

Eating is cope, sleeping is cope, breathing is cope, suicide is cope. The very idea that all copes are a bad thing is pretty stupid. Even you using this website is cope.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't give less of a shit what you or anyone here believes in. Unless you have the answer (I know you don't,) It really doesn't matter to me.

I personally believe what happens after death is whatever you think it is.

For example, if you believe that you'll cease to exist, that'll be your outcome, whereas someone who believes in whatever God entity's afterlife they believe in will recieve that.

In this case both parties win. Atheists recieve their wanted removal from existence and people who believe in an afterlife receieve theirs.

View attachment 421835
So you're saying that if I cope hard enough I can live for eternity, because I believe in god and everything I believe is real.

I still don't understand that why people are coping so hard, why people can't just acknowledge the fact that our consciousness is an illusion?

No, of course thinking that" everything you believe happens" is more logical.
Don't get me wrong but your idea looks like a joke, I'm not even sure that you're serious.

I still don't understand that why people are coping so hard, why people can't just acknowledge the fact that our consciousness is an illusion?

That's the only thing we know that isn't an illusion if you want to get philosophical.

So you're saying that if I cope hard enough I can live for eternity, because I believe in god and everything I believe is real.

No, of course thinking that" everything you believe happens" is more logical.
Don't get me wrong but your idea looks like a joke, I can't even say that you're serious.
All i did was give my opinion on what I think happens after death. I never claimed it to be law (Like you are with your opinion ironically)

If this is what you gathered from my response then i honestly doubt you're worth talking to, so i'll leave you with this.

The same way you tell yourself that nothing exists after death is the same way i can tell myself something does. No one knows, and no one gets to decide what is cope and what isn't if both parties don't know. Your opinion holds no more value then mine without evidence.

I know this may be hard for your NPC brain to understand, but until you've died and seen it for yourself, believe it or not you're in the same boat as me.

Anyway Im not going to stop believing in an afterlife. Call it cope, i honestly couldn't care less. No amount of ad hominems or mockery is going to sway my views until i see for myself after i die.

That's the only thing we know that isn't an illusion if you want to get philosophical.
In our perspective, yes, but you have to remember that our consciousness is only in our heads, you have to stop thinking in self centered way, if you want to understand the nature. You can say that this rock exist because I allow it to, and you can believe and you can believe it too, but that's not true.

The same way you tell yourself that nothing exists after death is the same way i can tell myself something does. No one knows, and no one gets to decide what is cope and what isn't if both parties don't know. Your opinion holds no more value then mine without evidence.
True, no one knows, but when I throw a rock, it will fly a while and then drops, of course, no one knows, the rock could disappear, or can turn into gold, but we both know that it'll not happen, because we can observe the nature, saying that" you never know" is not a good way, we can observe the nature, and if we're good at it, then, there's nothing after death. You can't live like this, "I'm not going to walk because a asteroid might fall on my head" it could be, but it won't be.
Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a edgelord, but your opinion is not good.

In our perspective, yes, but you have to remember that our consciousness is only in our heads, you have to stop thinking in self centered way, if you want to understand the nature. You can say that this rock exist because I allow it to, and you can believe and you can believe it too, but that's not true.

Our brain is in our head but is consciousness located anywhere? That's a slightly different thing. They asked some Amazon tribe where they thought their consciousness was and they pointed to the forest around them. They remember what we forgot.

Same. But like attracting foids nothing I can do about it.

Learn to accept it overtime, it's a fate we all share, one we'll have to cross eventually.

Though I still hold some hope that technology improves significantly within my lifespan and I'll be able to have my genes engineered and become immortal of sorts (with the use of CRISPR). I'm not counting on it however which is why I want to do something of my life and not just be a complaisant complainer.

Our brain is in our head but is consciousness located anywhere? That's a slightly different thing. They asked some Amazon tribe where they thought their consciousness was and they pointed to the forest around them. They remember what we forgot.

You're thinking like this because you believe consciousness is something that can't be explained, your consciousness is just being able to process the data.

And if our consciousness is located at somewhere outside at our brains, then why we're experiencing the world in human bodies, are we remote controlled?

And everything can be explained by laws of nature expect quantum physics because its random, and no our consciousness is not in quantum.

Yes, we can't "see" our consciousness because we're trapped inside our brains, but when a persons brain is damaged, his consciousness is damaged too, this should give you some idea, if it was located in forest, universe or anywhere, why it is damaged now?

You're thinking like this because you believe consciousness is something that can't be explained, your consciousness is just being able to process the data.

The brain processes much of the data unconsciously though. Leaves the consciousness free to do other things.

'Current scientific estimates are that some 95 percent of brain activity is unconscious, says Emma Young in New Scientist magazine. These include habits and patterns, automatic body function, creativity, emotions, personality, beliefs and values, cognitive biases, and long-term memory.'

And if our consciousness is located at somewhere outside at our brains, then why we're experiencing the world in human bodies, are we remote controlled?
It might be the brain that's operating the remote control rather than the other way around. Something to do with electromagnetic fields manipulating the surrounding universe. So that's something a bit more scientific there.

And everything can be explained by laws of nature expect quantum physics because its random, and no our consciousness is not in quantum.

The brain looks like it may be some kind of quantum computer.

Yes, we can't "see" our consciousness because we're trapped inside our brains, but when a persons brain is damaged, his consciousness is damaged too, this should give you some idea, if it was located in forest, universe or anywhere, why it is damaged now?

That would still be the case if consciousness isn't made by the brain but something that exists as part of the universe that the brain taps into with the EM fields. You would be damaging the EM device/transceiver.

do not fear death my friend, fear being alive and thus being subject to suffering

Sucks for you, GrAYcel

Nobody knows what coscience is (science can tell us what neurological processes are associated with conscience, but not what conscience itself is), so nobody knows what happens to it after death. It's normal to fear the unknown, but there's no point in obsessing over it.

The brain processes much of the data unconsciously though. Leaves the consciousness free to do other things.

'Current scientific estimates are that some 95 percent of brain activity is unconscious, says Emma Young in New Scientist magazine. These include habits and patterns, automatic body function, creativity, emotions, personality, beliefs and values, cognitive biases, and long-term memory.'
That's one of the reasons why we make mistakes, we can't control our brain, rest of our brain process the data automatically, and report back to us(pre frontal cortex) your emotions, reaction, everything.
In this case, can you say that we're consciousness? When you're reading this, do you seek the patterns of the letters, or do you just read?
Our consciousness is controlled by our brain.
It might be the brain that's operating the remote control rather than the other way around. Something to do with electromagnetic fields manipulating the surrounding universe. So that's something a bit more scientific there.
This makes no sense, our brain has its own data processing system, it doesn't get the data from outside.
The brain looks like it may be some kind of quantum computer.
Even if that's true, this doesn't means that free will/consciousness exists, they still obey the laws of nature.
That would still be the case if consciousness isn't made by the brain but something that exists as part of the universe that the brain taps into with the EM fields. You would be damaging the EM device/transceiver.
Again, our brain process the data in itself.

I'm not scared but I am scared. like i just wanna die so badly but physically seems impossible to do
Pussy!, is what call myself for not having killed myself yet

Our consciousness is controlled by our brain.

Consciousness seems to be able to control the brain, see the placebo effect and the effects of meditation on the brain. It's a bit more of a two interaction I'd say.

F5.large.jpg

This makes no sense, our brain has its own data processing system, it doesn't get the data from outside.

It possibly might be able to but I don't know for sure, quite a lot of research has gone into it over the years it has been conclusively refuted as yet. If it does work it'll have something to do with the nature of consciousness in relation to the universe. It could be some kind of omni-mind and we're little bits of it. Death may merge your consciousness back into it but I don't know if retaining individual identity would be possible or not if there's no physical body. It doesn't mean there is something like an afterlife though also it doesn't mean there isn't, there's no we can know.

Even if that's true, this doesn't means that free will/consciousness exists, they still obey the laws of nature.

We don't fully understand what the laws of nature actually are to really make a definite statement on that subject. Consciousness is something science has little to no real understanding of as of yet. We kind of understand the subject of brain neurology and how that effects consciousness. We can't build a computer that replicates the effect at all because we have no idea how it works. Otherwise we would have done so by now.

Again, our brain process the data in itself.

I'm not saying it doesn't but it may all be linked up together into something going on. The brain is a network and the universe appears to be a network of some kind as well. I suspect there's something going on with that it's not the kind of thing you would see if it were random chaos. Even though it clearly hasn't been micromanaged by some kind of deity it's kind of formed itself naturally, much the human brain does from conception.

0*QTORCCPr2l6NUjja.jpg

Nobody knows what coscience is (science can tell us what neurological processes are associated with conscience, but not what conscience itself is), so nobody knows what happens to it after death. It's normal to fear the unknown, but there's no point in obsessing over it.
*consciousness. sorry, not an english native

Well it already happened once before at least. You did not exist and yet here you are in some random point in time. Unless God put you here then it must have been random. If it's random then if you are proof it can happen once it can also probably happen again since we can just safely assume universe is infinite and will last forever. It has no start or end it will just keep going on and on and eventually after you die maybe trillions of years later same shit will happen again to bring you alive. You won't notice the time passing when ur dead it will be instant so the length of time is irrelevant.
Consciousness seems to be able to control the brain, see the placebo effect and the effects of meditation on the brain. It's a bit more of a two interaction I'd say.

F5.large.jpg

It possibly might be able to but I don't know for sure, quite a lot of research has gone into it over the years it has been conclusively refuted as yet. If it does work it'll have something to do with the nature of consciousness in relation to the universe. It could be some kind of omni-mind and we're little bits of it. Death may merge your consciousness back into it but I don't know if retaining individual identity would be possible or not if there's no physical body. It doesn't mean there is something like an afterlife though also it doesn't mean there isn't, there's no we can know.

We don't fully understand what the laws of nature actually are to really make a definite statement on that subject. Consciousness is something science has little to no real understanding of as of yet. We kind of understand the subject of brain neurology and how that effects consciousness. We can't build a computer that replicates the effect at all because we have no idea how it works. Otherwise we would have done so by now.

I'm not saying it doesn't but it may all be linked up together into something going on. The brain is a network and the universe appears to be a network of some kind as well. I suspect there's something going on with that it's not the kind of thing you would see if it were random chaos. Even though it clearly hasn't been micromanaged by some kind of deity it's kind of formed itself naturally, much the human brain does from conception.

0*QTORCCPr2l6NUjja.jpg
I like topics like this they are very interesting.

One of my biggest fears is having to lay in darkness for all eternity after I die. :feelsseriously: Hope you feel better brocel
same man, fucking same

I'm ready
You're ready to enter a state of unknown? You do realize that all your memories and emotions you've felt stored inside the brain will either be eaten by maggots or cremated right? I'd rather sleep forever and not die

Death is gay.

Ironically, people who are atheists are the most afraid of death out of everyone.
Deep down they know the bible is (or at least could be, in their minds) right, so yeah, they have a lot of reason to worry.

Nigga you just have to accept what Jesus did for you, it takes 1 minute, and you're saved. I don't know why people don't get saved from hell.

Once you start feeling like there is no difference between your life and death as your entire existence becomes one of nothing more than constant misery as you essentially become the living undead your fear of death goes by the way side as you suddenly realize they're one in the same. In fact, death seems much more pleasant than the everyday day torment you go through every time you draw breath. I stopped fearing death years ago, it will happen if you become as old as I am if you don't ascend.

Life, death, what's the real difference as everyday you're drowning in a sea of misery, eventually the fear of death fades away completely. My entire life feels like one giant necropolis, slowly painfully dying rotting away. At this rate I don't even care what happens after death, I would be glad to storm the gates of hell because I'm certain it can't be any worse than this current faggot infested gay earth.

Last edited:

F5.large.jpg

0*QTORCCPr2l6NUjja.jpg
Consciousness is a natural force in the universe operating across all physical and temporal dimensions. The force manifests in sufficiently complex biological structures. Consciousness is to (sufficiently complex) biological life what gravity is to objects with mass. This force is projected onto your body from a higher dimensional space onto three dimensional space (where the effect is observed). I suspect that Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose's Orchestrated Objective Reduction theory may hold the key insights into how this force would operate mechanistically in the brain.

I've had this idea "consciousness as a force" idea for years now, but recently there has been some interesting work done (link below) which gives me some hope for a more concrete physical understanding of consciousness.

Consciousness is a natural force in the universe operating across all physical and temporal dimensions. The force manifests in sufficiently complex biological structures. Consciousness is to (sufficiently complex) biological life what gravity is to objects with mass. This force is projected onto your body from a higher dimensional space onto three dimensional space (where the effect is observed). I suspect that Stuart Hameroff and Roger Penrose's Orchestrated Objective Reduction theory may hold the key insights into how this force would operate mechanistically in the brain.

I've had this idea "consciousness as a force" idea for years now, but recently there has been some interesting work done (link below) which gives me some hope for a more concrete physical understanding of consciousness.

I'm sure it's something like that, holographic universe and all that sort of thing, all these different fields of energy interacting with each other and whatnot. It may also have something to do with the formation of life to begin with. It's all a bit beyond the realm of anything anyone really knows anything about though.

You're ready to enter a state of unknown? You do realize that all your memories and emotions you've felt stored inside the brain will either be eaten by maggots or cremated right? I'd rather sleep forever and not die
Yes. No good memories, why would I care about that? Death and the state of unknown sounds better than hell (this life)

we're in the unknown.
you were born without any acknowledgment and consent of that.
we're in an immeasurable endless void, clueless about our own deep sea.
repetitive mirroring behavior from and predetermined neural activity is a significant part of our frail insignificant existence.
anything can happen, at any moment.
life is monotone but it's never an infinite loop.

once you physiologically die, your self dies too, which is merely an illusion. you're fragments. memories won't matter, they never did in first place, same for emotions. you're just used to life and fears death by instinct.

we're in an immeasurable endless void, clueless about our own deep sea.
repetitive mirroring behavior from and predetermined neural activity is a significant part of our frail insignificant existence.
anything can happen, at any moment.
life is monotone but it's never an infinite loop.

once you physiologically die, your self dies too, which is merely an illusion. you're fragments. memories won't matter, they never did in first place, same for emotions. you're just used to life and fears death by instinct.

MV5BMGZjOTQ2ODItNzA3MC00YzczLWI1YzctMzY5YmYwNmQ0ZjhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

Anesthesia is awesome, it’s something I look forward to every time I have surgery

View attachment 421820View attachment 421822
Sleeping is definitely not similar to death, we will never know what it's like to die. Look at the difference between the MRI of a sleeping person and a person who is biologically dead. Really big difference, a sleeping person's brain activity is still very high whilst the biologically dead's is at the lowest scale which means there is no brain activity at all. Now how would that feel like if the person died getting their brains blown off? When we sleep, we sometimes dream and can see visuals and audio because our brain still has some activity. But when there is completely nothing in our brain activity, what do we see? what do we hear? Just thinking about ultimately losing my consciousness and death gives me a panic attack. Someone please send my dead body to the moon, I don't want my brain to be eaten by maggots!
@Mentally lost cel dying isn't that scary. Your brain activity will be zero, which means you won't even be conscious of that fear and darkness