Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If You Were To Start A Youtube Channel What Fringe/Obscure Niche Would It Be On?

Do you think it's too late to start a youtube channel in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Self-banned
-
This thread is about brainstorming

What "fringe" or "obscure" niches come to mind for you?

You'd be surprised the kinds of channels, I've seen making thousands a month on random niches. Youtube is very saturated right now so it will still be kinda hard, but if you really "niche down" you can increase your odds.

For example there's a channel on fucking tractors that makes around $946 to $15.1K per month lol.

The person running this channel probably doesn't even show their face, do any commentary, etc. There are a lot of channels like this but some niches are very saturated and it would be pointless to start a youtube channel on it.

I'm assuming that this forum has enough users with enough fringe interests that we could create a large pool of niches that we could all try out if were interested. There's probably some niche that I can't think of that would only become apparent once someone else mentions a similar niche that I've also never thought of.

I would make a channel based on philosophy and learning about basic economics. I think if done correctly it could have a decent audience.

I would make a channel based on philosophy and learning about basic economics. I think if done correctly it could have a decent audience.
Interesting, but for a channel like that I think people will want to hear a "real voice" rather than a text to speech voice. Don't forget to look up your competition, there are some channels that I've seen for a niche that just made me quit before I even start lol.

Not niche at all I used to cover up content from a game that other channels didn't cover like custom maps.

Very true, I think philosophy of life is the most popular philosophy channel atm, but I have no problem revealing my voice. I would also include history as a subject of discussion ( philosophy of communism for exmple). I would want to create a channel of quality not quantity. Sucks that im a low iqcel :feelscry::feelscry:

Not niche at all I used to cover up content from a game that other channels didn't cover like custom maps.
Well, gaming is a niche, it's saturated as hell though, and it's more of a "personality" type niche because everyone is playing the same game, so the only way to differentiate yourself is a "fun personality". I couldn't even force myself to do that even if I wanted to tbh lol.

No way I'm trying to compete with CoryXKenshin and PewDiePie lol

Well, gaming is a niche, it's saturated as hell though, and it's more of a "personality" type niche because everyone is playing the same game, so the only way to differentiate yourself is a "fun personality". I couldn't even force myself to do that even if I wanted to tbh lol.

No way I'm trying to compete with CoryXKenshin and PewDiePie lol
well i got some audience by covering content that wasn't showcased in some games but yeah sadly I don't have a good voice to do engaging commentary even if I invested in proper hardware to record everything in good quality.

EDIT: also my channel was back then when gaming wasn't so saturated so having a mic and a good voice wasn't a MUST standard unlike now.

If my goal was solely to make my youtube channel grow, then I'd just make a poadcast and invite people who are trending, since I alone could never get a big audience.

But I guess it's too late anyways, rarely a new channel can [UWSL]surpass [/UWSL]the channels that are already well established in their own niches/fields, that's why those channels usually only die when the field dies, not when some other youtuber starts stealing their audience

Last edited:
Very true, I think philosophy of life is the most popular philosophy channel atm, but I have no problem revealing my voice. I would also include history as a subject of discussion ( philosophy of communism for exmple). I would want to create a channel of quality not quantity. Sucks that im a low iqcel :feelscry::feelscry:
I'm not "well read" so I couldn't even do a channel like that. I've someone has already studied philosophy and they have a good mic it's a good niche.

I've thought of making comedic "reviews" of mangas in a similar style to this video.

View: https://youtu.be/qFXPKk3sYQs?t=78

It seems videos covering an overall manga can rake in decent views. I've never seen another person really tap into that niche outside of one off videos on channels that are dedicated to other content.

I'm not "well read" so I couldn't even do a channel like that. I've someone has already studied philosophy and they have a good mic it's a good niche.
You not being “well read” can quickly change. You’re a smart guy, learning probably comes easy for you. I just think being a text only channel would greatly hinder your growth. Your channel shouldn’t be esoteric, it should be open and easily comprehensible even to the layman.

lots of obscure shit I could start a channel on, speakerbox design, old memphis rap, untranslated visual novels, etc

Don't think any would blow up tho, youtube is like the NFL, only a few make it to the top

when i had a youtube i mostly put car 0-60s. my biggest video got 20k and it was a vid of my amplifier blowing up rofl

niggas do make money playing hoi4 streams tho

Last edited:
EDIT: also my channel was back then when gaming wasn't so saturated so having a mic and a good voice wasn't a MUST standard unlike now.
I really regret not starting a youtube channel years ago.

Dude, there are "Top 5" channels doing fucking "Top 5 Lists" and making millions, it's crazy, and because they are so big there's no point in even starting a new one, shit is depressing lol.

I think teaching a skill there could be very successful. It could be anything; writing, poetry, coding, etc. I think being text/automated voice only isn’t going to lead to any success tbh. People also want to be entertained.

Unless you are a voicemogger or have a niche, it's too late.

I think teaching a skill there could be very successful. It could be anything; writing, poetry, coding, etc. I think being text/automated voice only isn’t going to lead to any success tbh. People also want to be entertained.
Depends on the channel, there are a lot of channels that literally have no voice or personality and they make a lot of money.

You not being “well read” can quickly change. You’re a smart guy, learning probably comes easy for you. I just think being a text only channel would greatly hinder your growth. Your channel shouldn’t be esoteric, it should be open and easily comprehensible even to the layman.

Are you a pure blood black? if so, how is it that you seems so nice and well mannered? in a sense you did in fact won the genetic lottery but society again is rewarding dysgenic genes instead

well i got some audience by covering content that wasn't showcased in some games but yeah sadly I don't have a good voice to do engaging commentary even if I invested in proper hardware to record everything in good quality.

So far only one comment has given me a good idea, that "i got some audience by covering content that wasn't showcased" part gave me a good idea for a niche. Hoping I can see some more.

Last edited:
Are you a pure blood black? if so, how is it that you seems so nice and well mannered? in a sense you did in fact won the genetic lottery but society again is rewarding dysgenic genes instead
i'm of east african ancestry. I'm not purely black, but it would be hard to tell from looking at me. What do you mean I won the genetic lottery? i'm a subhuman

What do you mean I won the genetic lottery?
If every black was like you, africa, france, latin america, the US would be completely different places.

Lets say instead of wining, you got genes pro civilization, I wonder why blacks constantly reject those genes

If every black was like you, africa, france, latin america, the US would be completely different places.

Lets say instead of wining, you got genes pro civilization, I wonder why blacks constantly reject those genes
I would say because intelligence and race are connected (watching and learning from Stefan Molyneux convinced me of this). Blacks in America have some white ancestry due to slavery, thus they have higher iq's than African Blacks. The reason for Black dysfunction in America can be contributed to their Gynocentric culture which is a result of Black women embracing Feminism.

I think that at this late in the game, with companies littering the front page and the algorithm all fucked, it’s pretty much over for any YouTubecels. But if I was to hypothetically do it I think it’d be about vaporwave, hyperpop and how it ties into theories about gen Z stuff becoming retro like the 90s are now, and stuff like that.

comparing different brands of toothbrush and how they feel when stuck up the ass

I think that at this late in the game, with companies littering the front page and the algorithm all fucked, it’s pretty much over for any YouTubecels. But if I was to hypothetically do it I think it’d be about vaporwave, hyperpop and how it ties into theories about gen Z stuff becoming retro like the 90s are now, and stuff like that.

It has to be something banal yet interesting and exciting and nice and popular enough for Normie's to viral share it...

Make fun of others with rude snide remarks

Talk about a product(s) review stuff (requires stuff)

Tell outlandish stories. Make up shit...

Do tours of your local area

Review local restaurants

Short headline news burst. 5 minutes or less

Report on flash robberies...

Basically you want an inexhaustible topic that costs nothing to access.

Then hammer that fucker everyday!

Most tubers got their by being consistent!

Also, bizzare and weird stupid shit... Play the fool..

It has to be something banal yet interesting and exciting and nice and popular enough for Normie's to viral share it...

Make fun of others with rude snide remarks

Talk about a product(s) review stuff (requires stuff)

Tell outlandish stories. Make up shit...

Do tours of your local area

Review local restaurants

Short headline news burst. 5 minutes or less

Report on flash robberies...

Basically you want an inexhaustible topic that costs nothing to access.

Then hammer that fucker everyday!

Most tubers got their by being consistent!

Also, bizzare and weird stupid shit... Play the fool..
I actually feel like taking you off my block list because you took this so seriously and gave a detailed answer lol.

You know what, after that other guy's retarded reply this seems like the perfect opportunity to swap you for him.

Can't remember why I blocked you though, maybe I'll be reminded why some time in the future lol.

You gave me a great idea for a channel, so now I have two to test out.

comparing different brands of toothbrush and how they feel when stuck up the ass
I hesitated to block you at first but IDK this just seems like fate to me lol.

I actually feel like taking you off my block list because you took this so seriously and gave a detailed answer lol.

You know what, after that other guy's retarded reply this seems like the perfect opportunity to swap you for him.

Can't remember why I blocked you though, maybe I'll be reminded why some time in the future lol.

You gave me a great idea for a channel, so now I have two to test out.

I hesitated to block you at first but IDK this just seems like fate to me lol.
I am a think tank.

Alright gonna, give this another little push before I go to sleep, I don't want this thread to get lost and out of view. Hoping to see some more posts so I can get some more ideas when I wake up.

I actually run a cryptocurrency channel as that's what I'm passionate about. Particularly related to DeFi and on-chain protocols/projects.

However I only get 200-1k views on my videos.

It's hard to break mainstream in this space without showing your face as that helps validate your authenticity.
Thumbnail1

Last edited:
Discussing with blackpilled people, truecels, with ones that are no more incel etc.

Last edited:
I actually run a cryptocurrency channel as that's what I'm passionate about. Particularly related to DeFi and on-chain protocols/projects.

However I only get 200-1k views on my videos.

It's hard to break mainstream in this space without showing your face as that helps validate your authenticity.
View attachment 559441View attachment 559442
View attachment 559443View attachment 559447
I'll probably avoid crypto as I'm not really interest nor do I know anything about it.
Discussing with blackpilled people, truecels, with ones that are no more incel etc.
The black pill is the worst niche if you want to profit from your channel, because people prefer comfortable lies over uncomfortable truths. This is why business and wealth based channels do the best, everybody wants to think they are going to "make it" one day. Online scammers will never run out of people to scam.

I don't expect to make a dime from my black pill youtube channel, it's really just there for me to talk about my ideas.

Last edited:
Just fish for ideas theory. i have an idea, people like to see weird puzzling stuff like kidnappings or mystry.

Just fish for ideas theory. i have an idea, people like to see weird puzzling stuff like kidnappings or mystry.
Kidnappings would be one funny as fuck niche, I can't even imagine the name for that channel lol

Multiple ideas for some niches:

True crime shit. You get an audience by at 1st doing vids about popular cases like Bundy, BTK, Chikatilo, etc. and keep it/further expand it by looking at rarely thematized crimes later (like for the media too brutal crimes like Jack Owen Spillman, cases from Asia/South & Middle America/mainland Europe and unsolved crimes like Il Mostro Di Firenze).
Murderpedia can be used as an excellent starting point for it, afterwards use books/specific websites.
Gore, Internet rabbit holes/crimes, mysteries (like Missing 411, the Dylatlov Pass incident, the Khamar-Daban incident), history (mostly war crimes like those of the Nazis/Ustase/etc.) often can be interspersed into it. Multiple channels do the same already, but many still rise via shit like that.

Animal shit. Includes building shit (like a backwall or an aquarium), choosing the correct plants/whatever, designing a biotope, going into nature/finding local flora & fauna, visiting stores, making ranking lists in various categories or simply updates on systematics, new/popular animals in the aquarium/terrarium trade, fresh discoveries, legal issues, etc.
Start broad to attract people, then focus on rare shit to keep/expand the audience.
Note: This is not a way of famemaxxing, but rather something for people with passions in that field. Goes for most interests, it will cost more than it will ever bring in.
You can make zoology/paleontology vids and some of the above (like looking at the local flora/fauna) however without spending money and still getting views.

Creative shit: Building stuff or 3D printing or art/drawing

Youtube drama (like Nicocado Avocado), scandals and Internet history: will always get audiences too and is often easily done, requires little to no talent except the capability to summarize information, the only thing that you can easily do without passion

Film and series critique

Programming

When it doubt, know that sex/death/drama will always sell.

Last edited:
Brazilian ethno-nationalism and Post-Keynesian economics :feelshehe::feelshehe::feelshehe:

Last edited:
I would do videos on internet subcultures, music, cartoon, video games, and other shit I like. It wouldn't be video essays. more like discission videos. I wouldn't want to be soy about it, or try to act jaded and cynical like most cunts on YouTube.

Agree. Youtube is completely pozzed and if you say or show 1 thing slightly off color your channel is gonna be demonetized or banned. Just look at the trending tab on youtube, this degeneracy is what the company likes. There is a reason a lot of edgy channels just left, look at filthy frank for instance he left youtube at the right time. The last chance really anyone had at making it on youtube if you wanted an actual non-npc personality was 2016. That is when the entire internet became censored. Also video essays are so oversaturated that would never work with what you suggested. Vaporwave and hyperpop are essentially dead.

I would rather LDAR and masturbate as much as possible than come up with a way to provide value for the world outside of what can easily be done with a job that just tells me what they need of me

It's not too late to start a youtube channel, only the competition is very high as of now. If i had to make one i would make it about chinese novels, as i've delved a lot over the years and i've read my fair share of them.

Thing is youtube is a ridiculous grind nowadays, some people even say that you should take a year off your work to grind on youtube. Also what kind of content you have to make to appeal to the masses? You also have to be either very charismatic, or intelligent and make a well formulatted informative script.

I'm gonna think about it actually, but there's also the thing about youtube being ridiculously restrictive nowadays, lots of videos taken down. You can't even dislike videos now, i dunno seems like its gonna end soon.

Also most ideas are taken now, there won't be any originality so to speak so you have to come out with ways to make your content more enjoyable than others.

You should probably delete this comment and try it out, I'm gonna edit the quote so that it isn't seen. There are a lot of niche channels that blow up for no reason, who knows, maybe your niche interest in pokemon will help you start to get a lot of views in the pokemon community, and from there you can start doing other reviews, etc.

If you blow up and start raking in the dough PM me and give me some bitcoin lol.

Delete it now before the hour limit passes

FIRST - edit it and save it as something else, THEN delete it. (If it can only be edited then leave it edited not saying what the channel is about)

You should probably delete this comment and try it out, I'm gonna edit the quote so that it isn't seen. There are a lot of niche channels that blow up for no reason, who knows, maybe your niche interest in pokemon will help you start to get a lot of views in the pokemon community, and from there you can start doing other reviews, etc.

If you blow up and start raking in the dough PM me and give me some bitcoin lol.

Delete it now before the hour limit passes

FIRST - edit it and save it as something else, THEN delete it. (If it can only be edited then leave it edited not saying what the channel is about)
I think it's too late. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Ask the mods lol
Alright.

I've always thought about doing a YouTube series on all my findings of Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal. It would basically be a walkthrough where I showcase all the crashes I've found, and what causes them. But I think that's a stupid idea, nobody cares why that game crashes all the time.
@Fat Link , please can I delete this comment?

PM you, but I’m quite a creative type and have multiple interest like drawing,digital art, music, sculpting and use it in other fields like science etc.