Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill If you cant answer this question without looking it up youre incel becuase of your IQ

How can your mind even comprehend that? :dafuckfeels: My mind just snaps like a wafer anytime anything looks like that enters my head.
You have to learn math in smaller pieces
Logarithm isn't that hard if you learn in in pieces

All I know is the last digit is 2

You might definitely be a lookscel but it doesnt matter because youre so low IQ that youre legally retarded

I couldnt solve it after thinking hard for an hour...

Do you guys notice how people usually treat you differently? I just realized that this is because Im a special needs

And no girls wants to date a retard, we just exist to help women virtue signal

Took me about 15 minutes to solve completely. And from Googling it seems my solution is Unique. No other website uses this solution, they're all using the modulo solution the guy above uses. But I don't know much math... so I'd never have come up with it the way he does.

No need to use any fancy modulo math to figure out the solution

If we look at the power 2 sequence we have,

Immediately we can see a pattern here

Digits always (but not only) repeat every 4th cycle

Eg, when does 2 repeat?

2,4,8,16,HERE

That's the fourth cycle.

When does 4 repeat?

4,8,16,32,HERE

When does 8 repeat
8,16,32,64,HERE

And so on

Then I basically check for 1, 2, 3, ... 9, 0 to see where the next digit appears

And when I get to 4 I find out that we don't know if it appears in 2^29. However, using this same technique we know that every digit appears at 2^29 (iterate for all numbers).

Here is the logic (without any computations)

4 appears at 2^2, 2^6, 2^10, 2^14, 2^18, and so on

But we can see that our technique only guarantees that the digit appears here. It doesn't say that the digit appears anywhere else!

Example... lets test 2

2 appears at 2^29 because the pattern is 2^1, 2^4, ..., 2^29
3 appears at 2^29 because the pattern is 2^5, 2^9, ..., 2^29

AND SO ON! So we know for a fact every digit 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,0 appears at 2^29. And the missing digit? 4!

So what I did is check for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 and I found that EVERY digit EXCEPT 4 appears at that position.

So if 1 and 2 and 3 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 and 9 and 0 appear at 2^29 BUT 4 does not appear at 2^29 AND we know only one digit does not appear, then 4 is our missing digit!

Last edited:
Lmao I just did 2^29 on a calculator and got 536870912. From that you can see it's 4. Why would you do overly contrived working when you can just evaluate it in a few seconds to find the answer? It's not a bloody maths paper

I suck at maths

This isn't really an IQ type of problem, because it requires too much prior knowledge and too much trial and error. If you've never seen this type of problem before, you'd probably go down a dozen time-consuming dead ends before you tried modular arithmetic, assuming you've even been taught about that.

OK. Forget everything I said before.

We're going to find the sum of the 9 digits. 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=45

We're looking for a single-digit number.

2^0=1
2^1=1
2^2=4
2^3=8
2^4=16
2^5=32
2^6=64
2^7=127
2^8=256
2^9=512
2^10=1024

I'm counting the first 10 digits. The problem says that there's a missing digit, so the total number of digits is 10.

Ok, we're nearly done. We have to find a single-digit number; we don't really want a decimal number. If we divide 45/3=15 ( it's a double digit number, so it's not our answer). Divide 45/5=9 and 45/9=5. Our highest digit is 9 and the smallest digit is 5. We want to find the missing digit. Therefore, 9-5=4

2^1=2
2^7=128
There are 9 digits, not 10.

Also, I don't see how anything in your explanation follows. It looks like you started with the final answer in mind, and fiddled with the numbers until you got there.

2^29 = c1*10^0 + c2^10^1 + ... + c9^10^8, where {c1,c2...c9} are the 9 digits that comprise it.

2^29 mod 9 = (c1*10^0 + c2^10^1 + ... + c9^10^8) mod 9 = (c1 + ... + c9) mod 9 = 5.

We have :

(c1 + ... + c9) mod 9 = 5.

(c1 + ... + c9 ) mod 9 = ((9(9+1))/2 - k) mod 9 = 5 (By the sum up to n formula)

(9(9+1))/2 - k = 45 - k , so we need to find k such that:

(45 - k) mod 9 = 5.

41 mod 9 = 5 => k = 4

4 BABY! @Total Imbecile

Key fact is this:

c*10^n mod 9 = c mod 9 ( 9 doesn't really matter actually).

That's pretty solid, but how would you know 2^29 mod 9 = 5 without calculating it?

im too low iq :feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

You should be retard wasting more than second to solve this ridicilously easy riddle....
That is fucked. Even down would solve it .omg

IQ is cope. Just don’t be retarded.
Knowledge is useless if not logically applied
If you don't use your "above average IQ" to improve your life, or the life of other's around you, then you might as well not even have your "above average IQ"

Same

@Total Imbecile
You post doesn't make any sense, I never did history in school either, someone can just post something of common history and state the same thing - "you're low IQ if you don't know this"

Never even seen a question like this in all my years of schooling, you can't solve a problem if you haven't even been taught an algorithm
Also this:

You'll never used most of this shit in real life, still waiting for that magical real life scenario where I'll finally use Pythagoras Theorem to solve something
I thought you were smarter than . lol
I realy disapointed that you did not solve the riddle for toddlers.

Attachments

• hehe.png
    hehe.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
This isn't really an IQ type of problem, because it requires too much prior knowledge and too much trial and error. If you've never seen this type of problem before, you'd probably go down a dozen time-consuming dead ends before you tried modular arithmetic, assuming you've even been taught about that.

2^1=2
2^7=128
There are 9 digits, not 10.

Also, I don't see how anything in your explanation follows. It looks like you started with the final answer in mind, and fiddled with the numbers until you got there.

That's pretty solid, but how would you know 2^29 mod 9 = 5 without calculating it?

I did calculate that.

i am very stupid jfl

If you don't use your "above average IQ" to improve your life, or the life of other's around you, then you might as well not even have your "above average IQ"
tbh. thats why I get annoyed at the "lazy but smart" copers out there. Who fucking cares if you never use it? They want to get praised and worshiped despite not doing anything. (also most of the people who claim to be lazy but smart aren't smart in the first place)

Ive just reread and understood how different english logical gramma to ours. I think usage of this or that language changes our thinking process too.

tbh. thats why I get annoyed at the "lazy but smart" copers out there. Who fucking cares if you never use it? They want to get praised and worshiped despite not doing anything.
As someone who's a "lazy but smart" type, i fully agree

I thought you were smarter than . lol
I realy disapointed that you did not solve the riddle for toddlers.

Poes Law, I can't tell if you are joking or you legit think you answered the question, not reading posts properly is a norm on this site

You are supposed to solve it without doing the actual calculation

Poes Law, I can't tell if you are joking or you legit think you answered the question, not reading posts properly is a norm on this site

I did without calculation.

I have no idea if it's correct. I couldn't solve it without making any calculations.

2^29=9^x
log(2^29)=log9^x
29log2=xlog9
29log2=xlog3^2
29log2=2xlog3
29x0,30=6xlog3
8,7=2,88x
x=3.0

The missing digit is 3. I'm not sure if that's correct. Maybe they expect you to solve it using arithmetic sequence, but I don't remember high school math that well.
no man it is 4
this is math @Total Imbecile @BlkPillPres :feelskek:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think it is only possible to find the last digit without calculating

Last edited:
the real high IQ answer is to wait for some nerd to do the math for you jfl

I can't read brrrroo mmmmmm
M

I did without calculation.

LMao you literally plugged it into a calculator to get the answer

How is that solving it without evaluating it?

You have to have a high IQ to get laid in 2019, its all about tricking women into thinking them sleeping with you isnt rape (in their mind it is because youre sub 8, sex with a sub8 male = rape)

Who did tell you that i did the calculation?
I did not.
Calculator did that. So i did solve the problem without calculating and thinking at all.
LMao you literally plugged it into a calculator to get the answer

How is that solving it without evaluating it?

You have to have a high IQ to get laid in 2019, its all about tricking women into thinking them sleeping with you isnt rape (in their mind it is because youre sub 8, sex with a sub8 male = rape)

No way someone below 150-140 IQ will solve this in less than an hour without knowing initial algorithm required

No way someone below 150-140 IQ will solve this in less than an hour without knowing initial algorithm required

Prior base knowledge is required period regardless of IQ

If someone had 200+ IQ and didn't know english they also would not be able to solve the question, they would be able to decifer the question by virtue of their massive IQ, if you've never seen a question like this before then you won't know how to solve it under the restrictions, you would first have to use a calculator to solve it and then through trial and error see if you can get "4" via logical proofs

I don't like meth! Im bad with numbers.

Someone with IQ 200 would not waste his time on that in a first place.

And probably he would try to use radicals.

21 = 2
22 = 4
23 = 8
24 = 16
25 = 32
26 = 64
27 = 128
28 = 256
29 = 512
210 = 1024
211 = 2048
212 = 4096
213 = 8192
214 = 16384
215 = 32768
216 = 65536
217 = 131072
218 = 262144
219 = 524288
220 = 1048576
221 = 2097152
222 = 4194304
223 = 8388608
224 = 16777216
225 = 33554432
226 = 67108864
227 = 134217728
228 = 268435456
229 = 536870912
I am so fucking dumb, I couldn't even understand the question until I scrolled down and saw this, then it clicked. Any number using the decimal number system is expressed by 10 digits(0-9) and that number has 9 digits, all different numbers based on the question, so one of the numbers(0-9) is not included in the answer. That number is 4 based on your answer. But I still have no idea how to do this without computing the value.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back