Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I wrote a low-fantasy novel and nobody cares

you will need years of practice before you write anything even remotely publishable
Yeah, I'm not bad at writing, but when I compare myself to renowned authors I feel like I have much to improve.

And even then, if your premise isn't marketable, at least to a specific niche if not the general audience for your genre, you're shit out of luck even if the execution is entirely on point.
I wanted to write a romance dealing with the topics of inceldom, dating in the west in the 2010s, feminism, expansion of what's considered pedophilia, lookism, etc.

Maybe if I write a short one it'll be read, at least by incels and people interested in the inceldom phenomenon. I think we need literature to immortalize our culture in a formal way.

Yeah, I'm not bad at writing, but when I compare myself to renowned authors I feel like I have much to improve.

I wanted to write a romance dealing with the topics of inceldom, dating in the west in the 2010s, feminism, expansion of what's considered pedophilia, lookism, etc.

Maybe if I write a short one it'll be read, at least by incels and people interested in the inceldom phenomenon. I think we need literature to immortalize our culture in a formal way.
Writing quality is more measurable and quantifiable than most people think. Not that different from sexual attractiveness. A mark of a good writer is being able to explain how and why an amateur writer doesn't measure up to professionals and best-sellers in detail.

If you want to write a romance, I'd suggest doing a lot of research and reading a lot of romance novels. It's going to be very difficult to write a convincing romance as an incel, i.e. someone with little to no real life experience with romance by definition. Non-incel beta readers would be invaluable assets for you. Depicting what most people consider pedophilia as anything but mustache-twirling villainy is going to hurt your marketability as well unless you only plan on selling to incels and/or pedophiles.
Sounds interesting. pm me
Sent

This is really good, really reminds me of the fantasy stuff I read as a kid. The descriptions remind me of GOR

This is really good, really reminds me of the fantasy stuff I read as a kid. The descriptions remind me of GOR
Thanks, I hope you enjoy the whole thing if you decided to give it a buy.

Completely over for celswhomwrotehighfantasynovelsnobodycaredaboutcels

Completely over for celswhomwrotehighfantasynovelsnobodycaredaboutcels
Yeah, it sucks how incels can spend years practicing their craft and fine-tune entire worlds with details that have an 80% chance of not even making it into the story, and be completely ignored, while post-wall Stacy can become a multi-millionaire with little to no writing experience and a piece of thinly veiled Hunger Games fanfiction.

Hey

just wanted to know if anyone who bought the book is currently reading and liking it.

Only 1 dollar for a book? Sounds like an interesting story too.

I want to write a book but I think it would be better as a manga. But I'd need two more people for the manga, one to draw and edit the shit and one to translate everything to Japanese so I can pretend it's actually a manga from Japan (no one would care about a manga written by a Brazilian).
i think you would do better making a visual novel instead of a manga (for android), i know some guys and they do quite fine with it (ad revenue + donations) not enough to ldar and live from it but its better than going old fashioned
you would need to get an illustrator though (the programming part is easy, you may struggle a bit with savegames but thats it)

Depicting what most people consider pedophilia as anything but mustache-twirling villainy is going to hurt your marketability as well unless you only plan on selling to incels and/or pedophiles.
Yeah good way to put it. You do write well tbh.
i think you would do better making a visual novel instead of a manga (for android), i know some guys and they do quite fine with it (ad revenue + donations) not enough to ldar and live from it but its better than going old fashioned
you would need to get an illustrator though (the programming part is easy, you may struggle a bit with savegames but thats it)
I had also considered that. Weeb friends please don't hate me for that, but IMO westerners make better VNS than the Japanese, so maybe that could work.

Yeah good way to put it. You do write well tbh.

I had also considered that. Weeb friends please don't hate me for that, but IMO westerners make better VNS than the Japanese, so maybe that could work.
Yeah, go for it. We need more incels creating content.

stock-photo-knight-metal-lady-ops-87095495.jpg

PM me the link please.
Aren't there groups on social media where interested people gather and you can post your work for free? I know people who marketed their indie game this way

PM me the link please.
Aren't there groups on social media where interested people gather and you can post your work for free? I know people who marketed their indie game this way
Thing is the indie book market is incredibly saturated compared to indie games and films because the bar to entry is much lower. You could have a document with "ass" repeated 60,000 times on a word document or pdf, and Amazon would accept it for publication. That means the only ones who even look at social media groups for indie authors to self-promote are self-promoting indie authors. 95% of the stuff out there is bad.

Doesn't help that the black and red pills suffusing my book make it very difficult to market and traditionally publish to the general fantasy market. I was sort of hoping the presence of an incel protagonist would get incels interested in it. A few people here have bought it but no real feedback past general praise--which is nice, but I could use more specific feedback. Some reviews on the Amazon page to bump up visibility and buyer confidence would be nice, too.

Btw sent.

PM me if it's available in paper. I don't have that hipster Kindle bullshit.

PM me if it's available in paper. I don't have that hipster Kindle bullshit.
There is a paperback version, but it's expensive. Only for uber-fans who wouldn't mind paying $20+ for something to tuck into their bookshelves. (Not really my choice. Amazon has a minimum amount an author can charge for paper books.) You should be able to read Amazon ebooks on a desktop, laptop, or smartphone.

There is a paperback version, but it's expensive. Only for uber-fans who wouldn't mind paying $20+ for something to tuck into their bookshelves. (Not really my choice. Amazon has a minimum amount an author can charge for paper books.) You should be able to read Amazon ebooks on a desktop, laptop, or smartphone.
Mmm, PM me the ebook link. I'll see if I ca view it on desktop, then.

bumping for newcels

Jfl if media starts talking about it.
It'll be banned for misogyny but before that it could have better sale numbers