Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I wish vidya felt the same way as it used to

Pancakecel

Pancakecel

You get what you fucking deserve
★★★★★
Throughout school/high school, no matter how shit of a day I had I could immediately get absorbed in vidya for hours, and block out all my other problems. It just doesn't hit the same way anymore. Recently I have been watching old pewdiepie vids, like his playthroughs of Bully, Heavy Rain etc. which has helped a bit to re kindle my interest.

As sad as it sounds, even though I was basically in the same situation I am now, a loser with no friends playing vidya during those times were some of my fondest moments. Getting excited each time a school break came around, knowing I would have a few weeks to just go crazy on my games, actually made me feel happy. What happened...

They killed single-player.
That's a good point, the non stop push for multiplayer, just so companies have an excuse to force micro transactions in your face has become tiresome.

I used to play Zombie Run on CS:S and CS:GO and a few other servers like death run for years but stopped playing, I used to play trouble in terrorist town on GMOD too but I got banned on the popular servers at the time due to sperging out and i quit for years, i can't go back to vidya now it'll make me wanna rope going back in time.:feelsrope:

I used to play Zombie Run on CS:S and CS:GO and a few other servers like death run for years but stopped playing, I used to play trouble in terrorist town on GMOD too but I got banned on the popular servers at the time due to sperging out and i quit for years, i can't go back to vidya now it'll make me wanna rope going back in time.:feelsrope:
your avi is amazing man jfl, but yeah, the nostalgia hurts.

Games used to be a bit more... wholesome ?
I don't know if it's the correct term, but I don't get the online shooter craze.
I used to love kid stuff, simple stuff like Pokemon, Melee, FE, ToS... (yeah I only had a GC back then).
I mean, this opening still makes me want to play after all those years :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXs4-M-ZiOg

Also, WoW still attracts me :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVSJ0AvZe0

(fuck I wanna up a shamy again now)

Minecraft's still fun too, but I kinda lack friends.

They killed single-player.
You can always go back and play those games dummy.
It´s not like you have to wait for new shit.

Heck you can even start building a retro build to start playing how these games were meant to be played.
If you kept an older computer like i did, do some marginal upgrades and voila.
You got yourself an irreplaceable memory hole´d machine.