Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I will not be Celebrating my Birthday

cokeboy

cokeboy

Recruit
★★★
Swift (as Sir Walter Scott relates in his Life of Swift) early adopted the custom of celebrating his birthday, not as a time of joy, but of sadness, and of reading on that day the passage from the Bible where Job laments and curses the day on which it was said in the house of his father that a man-child is born.

It appears that it is a custom among a certain section of people in Malabar to weep when a child is born in the house and celebrate a death with pomp. Really, one should lament having left one’s real state and taken birth again in this world, and not celebrate it as a festive occasion.

The Mexicans welcomed the new-born child with the words: “My child, you are born to endure; therefore endure, suffer, and keep silence.”

The custom of the Thracians, first mentioned by Herodotus (v, 4), and often referred to later, of welcoming the new-born child with lamentation, and recounting all the evils that face it, and, on the other hand, of burying the dead with mirth and merriment, because they have escaped from so many great sufferings.

Birthdays are inherently NT social gathering events and I hate celebrating them due to this, especially my own.

Brutal and true for many tbh. Theres no joy in this life, only boredom, sadness, loneliness and fear and worries.

Birthdays are inherently NT social gathering events and I hate celebrating them due to this, especially my own.
only my parents and siblings celebrate for me. Normies at most will just send you a text over Facebook or messaging.

Normies at most will just send you a text over Facebook or messaging.
Fakecel trait, no normies know about my existence, I had to make private my birthday (I would delete jewbook account, but I have to have messengER)