Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I think the US and the EU might be near abandoning Ukraine and letting Russia take it all

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
Why.. these kind of things have multiple factors but my feeling is its the corruption of the Ukrainians. The US and EU aren't going to keep giving money to corrupt Ukrainian government people.

One thing that imo is being considered is Zelensky will remain the nominal head of Ukraine, but all political power in Ukraine will be transferred to Zaluzhny and the Ukrainian army. Ukraine will become a full Nazi like militarized state. Thing is the Ukrainians don't appear to me to be willing to do this. The Ukrainian government itself all the millions of people I think would rather go with Russia than actually reform.

Same thing we see happening with Poland, Slovakia and Hungary. They want to be in the EU for money reasons, but they aren't actually willing to make reforms to be non-corrupt countries or to make reforms and have free markets. They want to remain as basically rural agrarian oligarchical collectivist countries like Russia, with mega rich and powerful aristocracy who controls the government. Those 3 countries are gradually being pushed out of the EU. Like the EU withholds the vast EU funding to them until they make reforms, but they just don't make the reforms then they don't get the funding.

An even bolder plan is to just let Russia have Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Ukraine. And probably Bulgaria and other countries too. Just say those countries are never going to reform to become Western nations, and its not worth fighting a world war with Russia and its allies over countries who aren't going to stay with us anyway.

@ethniccel1 thought you might be interested.

possibly but Burgerland worships jews so they probably will

possibly but Burgerland worships jews so they probably will

One aspect and this was very intentional on the part of the Russians and Iranians.. is the US would want in a deal for Russia to get all of Ukraine, for Iran to back off Israel and Israel to get Gaza unopposed.

I doubt the West want to abandon Ukraine because of corruption. If they do it will be because funding them them is too costly, Russians are no easy push over it seems to be turning out, looks like a Napoleon and Hitler realisation in this regard.
Anyway back to the topic, Germany is broke, they are finished done and have reached their physical limitations , just google "German budget 2024 shortfall" or something like that, infact I will post a link below. They cutting multiple programms at home because their obligations such as in Ukraine has exceeded their capabilities and the issue is worse than the article portrays it to be. If Germany is struggling to keep up then you know very well that every other EU state is also struggling and that goes for UK especially. The USA is now forced to pay the lions share if this war is to continue. The question is the USA willing to do this for a few more years while also propping up the struggling Europeans in Uk and EU? That will answer your question

Btw the Ukrainians are figthing hard and actually making an effort despite corruption, evidence is they running out of cannon fodder, so you cant blame them really despite their corruption.

Btw ever considered that maybe the West actually needs a major war like WW2 style scale? The West is rich but now places like EU, Australia, NZ are aging and their economies stagnating like Germany and even shrinking like Italy or UK. Nothing like a good old major war to stimualte spending and maybe kill off the retiring boomers because for example the war causes starvation and suffering etc.
If and thats a big if the West can severly weaken their opponents then we back to the 1970's where everything was manufactured in the West simply because only they had the infrastructure and expertise to produce such products. Anyway just wondering that this just might be a scenario

I feel US and EU will abandon Ukraine at some point and force her to negotiate with Russia and accept giving up territory. We should stop funding wars across the planet. I always feel this war could have been avoided if Ukraine implemented the Minsk Agreements.

I doubt the West want to abandon Ukraine because of corruption. If they do it will be because funding them them is too costly, Russians are no easy push over it seems to be turning out, looks like a Napoleon and Hitler realisation in this regard.
Anyway back to the topic, Germany is broke, they are finished done and have reached their physical limitations , just google "German budget 2024 shortfall" or something like that, infact I will post a link below. They cutting multiple programms at home because their obligations such as in Ukraine has exceeded their capabilities and the issue is worse than the article portrays it to be. If Germany is struggling to keep up then you know very well that every other EU state is also struggling and that goes for UK especially. The USA is now forced to pay the lions share if this war is to continue. The question is the USA willing to do this for a few more years while also propping up the struggling Europeans in Uk and EU? That will answer your question

Btw the Ukrainians are figthing hard and actually making an effort despite corruption, evidence is they running out of cannon fodder, so you cant blame them really despite their corruption.

Btw ever considered that maybe the West actually needs a major war like WW2 style scale? The West is rich but now places like EU, Australia, NZ are aging and their economies stagnating like Germany and even shrinking like Italy or UK. Nothing like a good old major war to stimualte spending and maybe kill off the retiring boomers because for example the war causes starvation and suffering etc.
If and thats a big if the West can severly weaken their opponents then we back to the 1970's where everything was manufactured in the West simply because only they had the infrastructure and expertise to produce such products. Anyway just wondering that this just might be a scenario

Germany is starting to break down economically for demographics and it hasn't been reformed by the EU yet. The Germans are also just very bad at economics. With Germany's great corporations and manufacturing they should be very rich, there is really no excuses for why they are struggling.

I think in the next few years the West will need the next round of printing that will have to be bigger than the Covid printing. The exact timing of this I am not sure, as I wasn't sure when the Covid printing would happen, only that it was inevitable. It is seeming like a monster war is the best excuse to print on the truly monstrous and sustained scale needed to really get the West out. And the $trillions in investment for rebuilding manufacturing in the West, it would be best if the government funds that with printed money.

Something I have been saying though since the start of the war is many of the reasons the USA is involved supporting Ukraine isn't about Ukraine. For example the Pentagon has learned huge and very valuable information about how the advanced weapons system work in modern warfare, and the Pentagon's idea that it can rely on just fancy high tech weapons has been proven completely wrong. You still need a big bulky army of regular equipment, only then adding in the high tech stuff is powerful.

Last edited:
I feel US and EU will abandon Ukraine at some point and force her to negotiate with Russia and accept giving up territory. We should stop funding wars across the planet. I always feel this war could have been avoided if Ukraine implemented the Minsk Agreements.

Thing is imo the West deluded itself to thinking Ukraine giving up territory meant the 4 SE provinces. But Russia's definition is all of Ukraine, which I have been saying since the start of the war but people didn't want to believe Russia was willing to go that far.

Thing is imo the West deluded itself to thinking Ukraine giving up territory meant the 4 SE provinces. But Russia's definition is all of Ukraine, which I have been saying since the start of the war but people didn't want to believe Russia was willing to go that far.
Russia doesn't want all of Ukraine, in my opinion. Sure she wants a regime change who won't be the puppet of US. I believe if Ukrainian people would have elected Yulia Tymoshenko (she was favourite in polls for many months, all this stuff wouldn't have happened). They for sure don't want to add 4 more NATO countries to their borders (Romania, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia).

russia was justified in the invasion and it was the ukraine's duty to surrender. their ukranian jewish leaders wanted to prolong the conflict to defend globohomo interests however

Russia doesn't want all of Ukraine, in my opinion. Sure she wants a regime change who won't be the puppet of US. I believe if Ukrainian people would have elected Yulia Tymoshenko (she was favourite in polls for many months, all this stuff wouldn't have happened). They for sure don't want to add 4 more NATO countries to their borders (Romania, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia).

Imo something Russia learned the hard way is having these allied countries isn't reliable. They all left when the crisis came to the Soviet Union. But the provinces of the Russian Federation all stayed with Russia, well Chechnya tried to leave but the Russian army stopped that. So we see in the 4 SE provinces of Ukraine Russia has integrated them as provinces this time.

Its like if some US states like Texas, Florida and California had been left as independent countries who were allied with America. That is just a sitting time bomb of foreign powers to divide and conquer. The brutal way is you have to take them by force and make them states.

Germany is starting to break down economically for demographics and it hasn't been reformed by the EU yet. The Germans are also just very bad at economics. With Germany's great corporations and manufacturing they should be very rich, there is really no excuses for why they are struggling.

I think in the next few years the West will need the next round of printing that will have to be bigger than the Covid printing. The exact timing of this I am not sure, as I wasn't sure when the Covid printing would happen, only that it was inevitable. It is seeming like a monster war is the best excuse to print on the truly monstrous and sustained scale needed to really get the West out. And the $trillions in investment for rebuilding manufacturing in the West, it would be best if the government funds that with printed money.

Something I have been saying though since the start of the war is many of the reasons the USA is involved supporting Ukraine isn't about Ukraine. For example the Pentagon has learned huge and very valuable information about how the advanced weapons system work in modern warfare, and the Pentagon's idea that it can rely on just fancy high tech weapons has been proven completely wrong. You still need a big bulky army of regular equipment, only then adding in the high tech stuff is powerful.
As some one living in the EU I percieve Germany as the dominant economy with all the entailing structures and policies that made it the dominant force in this region. You mentioned that the EU hasn't yet reformed Germany and that the germans are very bad at economics. You as some one looking in from the outside have a different perspective of how they handle their economics, your perspective is one I cannot percieve I guess due to been immersed in the region.

Could you briefly elaborate on what exactly you mean when you say the EU needs to reform Germany and in what ways are the Germans are bad at economics, just curious to hear a different perspective?

Usa shouldn't have ever helped

As some one living in the EU I percieve Germany as the dominant economy with all the entailing structures and policies that made it the dominant force in this region. You mentioned that the EU hasn't yet reformed Germany and that the germans are very bad at economics. You as some one looking in from the outside have a different perspective of how they handle their economics, your perspective is one I cannot percieve I guess due to been immersed in the region.

Could you briefly elaborate on what exactly you mean when you say the EU needs to reform Germany and in what ways are the Germans are bad at economics, just curious to hear a different perspective?

The Germans culture is this masochism of self sacrifice and making do with less, eg.. their religious figures historically. Its how they get into being replaced by foreigners and cutting back for global warming so easily or submitting to tyranny like mass war that makes no sense, they are really into this masochism stuff. Every time I read about Germany's economy they are 'cutting back, tightening their belts'. But that doesn't work with economics. When the government cuts back spending and everybody tightens their belt the economy just tanks. Like right now Germany is the one EU country in a recession, because they are back to doing austerity whereas the other Euros are deficit spending. But why can't the Germans learn that this belt tightening all the time doesn't work. Because its their fundamental religious belief. And they aren't willing to give up their religious belief.

What about the EU reforms. Why was the EU able to carry out reforms in Ireland, Spain and now ongoing reforms in Italy and France, but not Germany. Because first a country has to be on the edge of bankruptcy and need bailed out to do reforms. All those countries only agreed to the reforms because it was either that or go bankrupt. The EU said we will bail you out with any amount of printed Euros, but you have to agree to do the reforms. Then we will release the money as you do the reforms. But Germany hasn't gone under yet, so Germany never had to do the reforms.

What are the reforms. Its like instead of monopoly or oligopoly corporations owned by very rich and politically powerful families or state owned, the reforms make them have free markets. Also the reforms make the countries allow in foreign trade from around the EU. Which each Euro country has all these barriers to trade to protect rich powerful families monopolies. Thing is those rich powerful families are going to use all of their power to fight any reforms which threaten their state enforced monopolies.

This is the worst take I've ever seen from you tbh:feelskek::feelsugh:. Legit makes me surprised, your posts are usually much higher quality.

Why.. these kind of things have multiple factors but my feeling is its the corruption of the Ukrainians. The US and EU aren't going to keep giving money to corrupt Ukrainian government people.
Right off the bat, you're off. The West moving away from Ukraine has nothing to do with corruption, it's simply about the obvious inability of Ukrainians to win. Nobody actually gives a fuck about corruption of any kind. The "concerns" about how democratic and whatever Ukraine is, is just a face-saving mechanism to barely cloak the real reason, which is that the West is simply unable to manufacture enough weapons and ammunition for Ukraine to defeat Russia.

Not sure what the current numbers are, but I remember some analysts mentioning a couple of months ago that Russia is producing some seven times or so the amount of missiles the entirety of NATO does. Sure, the numbers could pick up over time, but that would take years, and nobody in the West has the stomach for a years-long war which could eventually still end with a Ukrainian defeat anyway, so they are slowly cutting their loses.

The remarks about Ukrainian corruption had been here ever since the beginning of the conflict. Nobody gave a shit about it when it looked like Ukrainians could decisively win on the battlefield with the help of Western tech, while Western sanctions destroyed Russian economy. Now that the counteroffensive hadn't really gone anywhere and Russian economy is outpacing most of Europe, people are starting to pretend that the West actually cares about corruption and that's why they are starting to cut their losses.

Same thing we see happening with Poland, Slovakia and Hungary.
Really:feelshaha:? That's quite a surprise to me, given that I live in one of those countries.

They want to be in the EU for money reasons,
Also trade, politics, security, and so on. There's absolutely no reason for any of those countries to not want to be in the EU, even if we weren't getting any money from that. Our biggest trade partners are with it, and realistically, we'd have to follow it's trade rules one way or another, whether as members of the EEA or the EU itself, and it's clear that the second is superior.

but they aren't actually willing to make reforms to be non-corrupt countries
1)THose countries have done a lot of reforms, which is why corruption here is currently dozens of times less of an issue than it was before those reforms to become EU members were undertaken. Compared to where those countries were in the 90s in this regard, currently, they are basically an entirely different world.

or to make reforms
They were made.

and have free markets.
How don't those countries have free markets:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:? I legimitely don't understand this remark. The "single market" thing isn't just some catchphrase EU politicians use, the trading rules and norms in all EU countries are almost completely set by the EU, the national governments' powers in those areas are quite limited. If I remember right, there was a case during the Brexit process which decided that the only thing the national governments can regulate is international inward investment and maybe some other niche parts of the economy. Even EU politicians were surprised at how wide the court decided that the Commission's powers were, and Brexiters didn't quite know whether to be happy that the process will be easier, or use it as propaganda about how evil the EU is.

There's a reason why just about all indexes measuring the ease of trading across borders and so on just slap the same rating to all EU members, it's because all of those countries are equally open to each other because they're following the same rulebook.

They want to remain as basically rural
All of those countries are majority urban. Slovakia's got the largest share of rural population in the EU, and it's still over 50%. Poland is more urban than Austria, while Hungary is less rural than Italy and Bulgaria is just a tiny bit less urban than Germany, btw.

In none of those countries does agriculture account for even 5% of the real GDP, with Poland in particular being less agrarian than Spain or Finland.

oligarchical
The "oligarchy" stuff is mostly just used by political factions within those countries to smear their opponents when their opponents are in power. Sure, there's some shenanigans here, but the mere fact that the governments had changed in Poland and Slovakia recently shows that they are much less actually "oligarchical" than Russia, or even the United States at this point, both places where the government is actually making moves against the opposition and trying to make it impossible for the opposition candidates to run for office.

collectivist countries like Russia, with mega rich and powerful aristocracy
Russia has one of the highest Gini coefficients in the world, while most of CEE has among the smallest, with Slovakia being several times rated by multiple agencies as the country with the lowest Gini index in the world.

who controls the government.
The rich and powerful control the government pretty much everywhere.

Those 3 countries are gradually being pushed out of the EU.
How:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:??

Like the EU withholds the vast EU funding to them until they make reforms, but they just don't make the reforms then they don't get the funding.
The witholding of funding is just done for political horse trading and to push those countries in line with what the majority of the EU already does. Romania and Bulgaria are several times more corrupt than those three, yet they've received much less ire from the EU than Hungary has, simply because it's not actually about corruption and whatnot, which nobody actually cares about, it's about politics.

If anything, the fact that the EU has never moved beyond pushing the rebels into line with stopping the cohesion funds and other ones shows that they have absolutely no desire to escalate beyond just irritating those governments into going along with what the rest of the EU does. Since they want those countries to follow them politically, why would they want them to not be in the EU, where they can be regularly pressured due to the continously opened political and diplomatic channels between the members, rather than outside of the EU, where those countries would genuinely have no reason to follow EU's decisions, as there would be no carrot hanging on the end of the stick anymore, not to mention the much degraded diplomatic channels between them that would result from that?

An even bolder plan is to just let Russia have Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Ukraine. And probably Bulgaria and other countries too. Just say those countries are never going to reform to become Western nations, and its not worth fighting a world war with Russia and its allies over countries who aren't going to stay with us anyway.
And why the hell would the EU and NATO ever do that:lul::lul::lul:? Like, I'm genuinely curious, because I honestly don't understand those types of views.

Why, the hell, would the EU and NATO willingly choose to reduce themselves and let their adversary become stronger? In the entire history of geopolitics, the amount of times when countries have willingly chosen to become smaller and weaker can be counted on one hand, while there are innumerable amount of conflicts fought over tiny pieces of land. Russians themselves have fought two wars to keep control of Chechnya, a tiny republic that's dozens upon dozens of times less important to it than those countries are to the EU. Why in the hell would the EU ever willingly choose to lose 10+% of its population to its adversary, knowing for a fact that this will just result in said adversary becoming stronger and it weaker, for no real reason?

Every single day that the Russians are attacking Ukraine instead of moving into the Baltics proves that despite anything they are saying, they don't actually want a conflict with the West. Heck, they aren't just not attacking them, they are drawing soldiers from the regions bordering those countries, actual NATO members, and sending them to Ukraine. It's pretty blatant that they know that there's no actual threat of a NATO invasion to them when you look at stuff like this actually.

Last edited:
The Germans culture is this masochism of self sacrifice and making do with less, eg.. their religious figures historically. Its how they get into being replaced by foreigners and cutting back for global warming so easily or submitting to tyranny like mass war that makes no sense, they are really into this masochism stuff. Every time I read about Germany's economy they are 'cutting back, tightening their belts'. But that doesn't work with economics. When the government cuts back spending and everybody tightens their belt the economy just tanks. Like right now Germany is the one EU country in a recession, because they are back to doing austerity whereas the other Euros are deficit spending. But why can't the Germans learn that this belt tightening all the time doesn't work. Because its their fundamental religious belief. And they aren't willing to give up their religious belief.

What about the EU reforms. Why was the EU able to carry out reforms in Ireland, Spain and now ongoing reforms in Italy and France, but not Germany. Because first a country has to be on the edge of bankruptcy and need bailed out to do reforms. All those countries only agreed to the reforms because it was either that or go bankrupt. The EU said we will bail you out with any amount of printed Euros, but you have to agree to do the reforms. Then we will release the money as you do the reforms. But Germany hasn't gone under yet, so Germany never had to do the reforms.

What are the reforms. Its like instead of monopoly or oligopoly corporations owned by very rich and politically powerful families or state owned, the reforms make them have free markets. Also the reforms make the countries allow in foreign trade from around the EU. Which each Euro country has all these barriers to trade to protect rich powerful families monopolies. Thing is those rich powerful families are going to use all of their power to fight any reforms which threaten their state enforced monopolies.

I agree on the self sacrifice bit but I think its more of a herd mentality thing in this era though, like they all(majority) follow the pied piper, with the latest trend to shut off all the nuclear and coal electrical plants and then import gas from USA at a 200% mark up smh, and people actually put up with this . The reason for this herd mentality is that Germany is located at the center of Europe. For hundreds of years none stop they were attacked from all sides. In the North the Berserkers from Scandinavia gave them no peace and they accepted to become serfs for some knights and kings if those knights would fight the Berserkers if they came to rob, kill, steal and rape as usual. There was the 30 years war which had nothing to do with Germany but where millions of Germans were killed, their property looted, their cities razed to the ground, their crops burnt or confiscated etc.
Its more an inbred paranoia from centuries of endless attack due to a cucked central geographical location never knowing peace, remeber those days Sweden was powerful, Spain powerful, France powerful.
Now in the modern times Germans can be easly cucked if some Jew leader larps as German or uses some German as president who implements policies to cuck the Germans and the Germans will actually follow the leader to cuck themselves. I think Germans are vulnerable in this regard, when they get some nut case leader they screwed, not every leader is an honest knight that will fight the Berserkers some leaders will do anything for money and cuck Germans.

About the immigration part, you do know that the UK and France actually have more immigrants than Germany? Italy will start now importing loads of Africans because their southern regions are actually depopulating.

But about the "tightening the belt thingy" you right on that part . Its actually a German law that debt cannot be more than 20% or 40% of the total GDP or something like that thats why you see Japan with debt at 200% of the size of GDP followed by Italy, USA etc

Last edited:
This is the worst take I've ever seen from you tbh:feelskek::feelsugh:. Legit makes me surprised, your posts are usually much higher quality.

Right off the bat, you're off. The West moving away from Ukraine has nothing to do with corruption, it's simply about the obvious inability of Ukrainians to win. Nobody actually gives a fuck about corruption of any kind. The "concerns" about how democratic and whatever Ukraine is, is just a face-saving mechanism to barely cloak the real reason, which is that the West is simply unable to manufacture enough weapons and ammunition for Ukraine to defeat Russia.

Not sure what the current numbers are, but I remember some analysts mentioning a couple of months ago that Russia is producing some seven times or so the amount of missiles the entirety of NATO does. Sure, the numbers could pick up over time, but that would take years, and nobody in the West has the stomach for a years-long war which could eventually still end with a Ukrainian defeat anyway, so they are slowly cutting their loses.

The remarks about Ukrainian corruption had been here ever since the beginning of the conflict. Nobody gave a shit about it when it looked like Ukrainians could decisively win on the battlefield with the help of Western tech, while Western sanctions destroyed Russian economy. Now that the counteroffensive hadn't really gone anywhere and Russian economy is outpacing most of Europe, people are starting to pretend that the West actually cares about corruption and that's why they are starting to cut their losses.

Really:feelshaha:? That's quite a surprise to me, given that I live in one of those countries.

Also trade, politics, security, and so on. There's absolutely no reason for any of those countries to not want to be in the EU, even if we weren't getting any money from that. Our biggest trade partners are with it, and realistically, we'd have to follow it's trade rules one way or another, whether as members of the EEA or the EU itself, and it's clear that the second is superior.

1)THose countries have done a lot of reforms, which is why corruption here is currently dozens of times less of an issue than it was before those reforms to become EU members were undertaken. Compared to where those countries were in the 90s in this regard, currently, they are basically an entirely different world.

They were made.

How don't those countries have free markets:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:? I legimitely don't understand this remark. The "single market" thing isn't just some catchphrase EU politicians use, the trading rules and norms in all EU countries are almost completely set by the EU, the national governments' powers in those areas are quite limited. If I remember right, there was a case during the Brexit process which decided that the only thing the national governments can regulate is international inward investment and maybe some other niche parts of the economy. Even EU politicians were surprised at how wide the court decided that the Commission's powers were, and Brexiters didn't quite know whether to be happy that the process will be easier, or use it as propaganda about how evil the EU is.

There's a reason why just about all indexes measuring the ease of trading across borders and so on just slap the same rating to all EU members, it's because all of those countries are equally open to each other because they're following the same rulebook.

All of those countries are majority urban. Slovakia's got the largest share of rural population in the EU, and it's still over 50%. Poland is more urban than Austria, while Hungary is less rural than Italy and Bulgaria is just a tiny bit less urban than Germany, btw.

In none of those countries does agriculture account for even 5% of the real GDP, with Poland in particular being less agrarian than Spain or Finland.

The "oligarchy" stuff is mostly just used by political factions within those countries to smear their opponents when their opponents are in power. Sure, there's some shenanigans here, but the mere fact that the governments had changed in Poland and Slovakia recently shows that they are much less actually "oligarchical" than Russia, or even the United States at this point, both places where the government is actually making moves against the opposition and trying to make it impossible for the opposition candidates to run for office.

Russia has one of the highest Gini coefficients in the world, while most of CEE has among the smallest, with Slovakia being several times rated by multiple agencies as the country with the lowest Gini index in the world.

The rich and powerful control the government pretty much everywhere.

How:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:??

The witholding of funding is just done for political horse trading and to push those countries in line with what the majority of the EU already does. Romania and Bulgaria are several times more corrupt than those three, yet they've received much less ire from the EU than Hungary has, simply because it's not actually about corruption and whatnot, which nobody actually cares about, it's about politics.

If anything, the fact that the EU has never moved beyond pushing the rebels into line with stopping the cohesion funds and other ones shows that they have absolutely no desire to escalate beyond just irritating those governments into going along with what the rest of the EU does. Since they want those countries to follow them politically, why would they want them to not be in the EU, where they can be regularly pressured due to the continously opened political and diplomatic channels between the members, rather than outside of the EU, where those countries would genuinely have no reason to follow EU's decisions, as there would be no carrot hanging on the end of the stick anymore, not to mention the much degraded diplomatic channels between them that would result from that?

And why the hell would the EU and NATO ever do that:lul::lul::lul:? Like, I'm genuinely curious, because I honestly don't understand those types of views.

Why, the hell, would the EU and NATO willingly choose to reduce themselves and let their adversary become stronger? In the entire history of geopolitics, the amount of times when countries have willingly chosen to become smaller and weaker can be counted on one hand, while there are innumerable amount of conflicts fought over tiny pieces of land. Russians themselves have fought two wars to keep control of Chechnya, a tiny republic that's dozens upon dozens of times less important to it than those countries are to the EU. Why in the hell would the EU ever willingly choose to lose 10+% of its population to its adversary, knowing for a fact that this will just result in said adversary becoming stronger and it weaker, for no real reason?

Every single day that the Russians are attacking Ukraine instead of moving into the Baltics proves that despite anything they are saying, they don't actually want a conflict with the West. Heck, they aren't just not attacking them, they are drawing soldiers from the regions bordering those countries, actual NATO members, and sending them to Ukraine. It's pretty blatant that they know that there's no actual threat of a NATO invasion to them when you look at stuff like this actually.

Lets fast forward 5 years from now, and say the Russian army at that point is 1.8 million active duty soldiers. And for the sake of argument Ukraine surrenders and at that point maybe Ukraine has 400,000 active duty battle hardened soldiers which like in the DPR and LPR the Russians would amalgamate into the Russian army. And Ukraine has substantial military industry, its farming and so forth. Ok then the Russian army would be up to 2.2 million battle hardened active duty soldiers. Don't you think the Russians will just run over places with that. And that this is their full plan.

Look at the Baltic 3 countries at that point if Russia has this monster army and is moving soldiers around there. The USA is going to complain to the UN security council but no way we are going to fight a world war over those 3 countries. What about Finland what could the US really do if Russia sent in like 250,000 soldiers at Finland. We are just too far away and the US ground army isn't that big. Right now the US army is something like 650,000 soldiers and we have worldwide commitments. We are far away from Finland, whereas Russia is right there.

But then this raises the question and at the start of the Ukraine war some in central Europe were asking this.. where exactly is NATO, especially the USA willing to fight a monster war if not Ukraine. The same argument about Russia adding people is true in Ukraine.

What about Poland if that hypothetical 2.2 million man Russian army swarmed in there. Are the publics in America, Britain, France willing to fight a world war to save Poland - and in a world war there isn't a guarantee that we would be able to save Poland, eg.. in ww2 Poland did not end up liberated. What about Slovakia or Hungary. Well in 1956 Hungary we did nothing to help them. What about West Germany.. yes at that point the US has shown it is willing to fight a world war.

Thats why I am starting to get this feeling and it may turn out wrong but it seems to be going in this direction at this moment, is the Cold War lines we seem to be heading back to those general lines. Anything the West isn't willing to fight a world war for seems like how are they going to stop the Russians.

Lets fast forward 5 years from now, and say the Russian army at that point is 1.8 million active duty soldiers.
That's the thing though. That's still much less than NATO forces have combined now, that Russia is actually outproducing NATO militarily, at least in missiles. In 5 years, the military production gap is basically certain to be much smaller with production in NATO still picking up, meaning that NATO will realistically be in an even stronger position to stand against the RUssians, not even taking into account their armies recruiting more people.

And for the sake of argument Ukraine surrenders and at that point maybe Ukraine has 400,000 active duty battle hardened soldiers which like in the DPR and LPR the Russians would amalgamate into the Russian army.
Why would they do that though, and why would the Ukrainians agree to that? Presuming that the war doesn't end as a frozen conflict or with some sort of settlement, which according to most reports the military is hoping for and Zelenskyy is vetoing, why would Ukrainians agree to be assimilated into the Russian army, and why would the Russians decide to assimilate enemy soldiers? The Russians would just be risking the supposedly assimilated enemies attacking their troops on their own territory. If anything, there's a much biger chance that some other CEE country, most likely Poland, would take those soldiers to boost their own army numbers.

And Ukraine has substantial military industry, its farming and so forth. Ok then the Russian army would be up to 2.2 million battle hardened active duty soldiers.
Still at the very best what NATO has now, very probably less than what it will have in 5 years, and much less than it has the potential to have.

Don't you think the Russians will just run over places with that. And that this is their full plan.
I can imagine that they'd love to do that and that they want to do that. Whether they actually can is the issue.

Look at the Baltic 3 countries at that point if Russia has this monster army and is moving soldiers around there.
Before the Ukraine war, Russia already had 1.3 million total military personnel. They still chose to let three small countries with a smaller combined population than Slovakia and not even any domestic small arms manufacturers be and instead attacked a country with hundreds of thousands of soldiers and a substantial domestic MIC. That alone says everything about what they calculated to be a riskier conflict for them, especially given the blow to NATO that would come from it for some reason letting Russians win and refusing to defend its own members.

The USA is going to complain to the UN security council but no way we are going to fight a world war over those 3 countries.
Why not? Seriously, I legimitely don't get why some people believe that NATO wouldn't respond militarily to something like this.

As I already said, there's extremely few cases in history when any empire or any geopolitical entity responded to an attack by a weaker adversary by letting said adversary win and not even defending itself, instead just writing off and letting said adversary absorb a part of it holding some 5-10% of its population. Not even weak polities invaded by strong enemies really did that. There's absolutely no reason to think that NATO would do so, especially since the US especially has never been all that conflict-averse in recent history.

What about Finland what could the US really do if Russia sent in like 250,000 soldiers at Finland.
Get together with the rest of NATO/EU and send twice as much?

We are just too far away and the US ground army isn't that big. Right now the US army is something like 650,000 soldiers and we have worldwide commitments.
Most sources I've seen say it's about a million for the US, while NATO as a whole has well over 3 million total military personnel.

We are far away from Finland, whereas Russia is right there.
Yes, and? Invasions don't end just because the invaded party's territories are far away from the center. If that were so, the Chinese would've annexed Russian far east decades ago. If Russia invades Finland, the rest of Scandinavia immediately joins in on the defense, because they don't want Russia to expand, which brings in the Baltics and Central Europe as well, for the same reason, after which the rest of NATO and EU would almost certainly follow, because there's no reason for them to just accept the possible collapse of a dozen or so countries whose economies are integrated with theirs when they know that the attacker is weaker than them and can be defeated in a conventional war.

But then this raises the question and at the start of the Ukraine war some in central Europe were asking this.. where exactly is NATO, especially the USA willing to fight a monster war if not Ukraine.
Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but your description of this is completely different than what had actually happened. There was a lot of doubt about NATO here before the invasion. Before, nobody was sure whether the US and Western Europeans would act if Russia acted aggressively.

Then, the Russians attacked, and even though they attacked a non-NATO country, the West acted against them in just about any way short of an armed intervention there, which was never in the cards. I legitimately don't understand why you think anyone here is unnerved by the US and others not sending troops into Ukraine. It's not a NATO member, an armed intervention there was never in the cards ever since the beginning. However, and this circles back to my point previously, NATO/EU acted exactly like you'd expect an empire ready to fight if necessary to act against an adversary attacking a client state that's not a part of its territory, but it needs it to be sovereign and exist. Not an armed intervention, but everything else apart from that. Sure, it didn't work out as many had hoped, but it nonetheless raised people's belief in NATO, as those acts quite clearly showed that it's saving the final escalation for an actual attack on it.

The same argument about Russia adding people is true in Ukraine.
True,but how many would go with them? If I remember right, a guerrilla force needs support from at least 10% of a population to function. If Russia annexes the entirety of Ukraine, that's well over that percentage of population of this greater Russia that would have no reason to support the country and would happily support any rebels.

What about Poland if that hypothetical 2.2 million man Russian army swarmed in there. Are the publics in America, Britain, France willing to fight a world war to save Poland - and in a world war there isn't a guarantee that we would be able to save Poland,
Civilians may not want that, but would politicians and military leaders also choose so? That's the question.

eg.. in ww2 Poland did not end up liberated.
It more or less did though. Not how it wanted, but it's invasion did result in a declaration of war, and said war did ultimately end with the aggressor's complete defeat. Don't think the Russians would want to replicate that.

What about Slovakia or Hungary. Well in 1956 Hungary we did nothing to help them. What about West Germany.. yes at that point the US has shown it is willing to fight a world war.
That's the thing though. The overall situation had changed since then. The US and others were willing to fight for West Germany, because it was first a country occupied by them, and then a NATO member. Hungary was neither, it was a country with barely any economic or political links to the West, and so there was no real chance of the West intervening.

Now, all of those countries are integrated into the EU and NATO. There's absolutely no reason for the West to not intervene if Russians tried invading them, since, in addition to the change in the balance of power in Russia's favor if they took over them, the economic fallout of multiple EU members, comprising well over 10% of its population and with economies already approaching those of the poorer Western members and heavily integrated with them, would be massive.

Thats why I am starting to get this feeling and it may turn out wrong but it seems to be going in this direction at this moment, is the Cold War lines we seem to be heading back to those general lines.
Overall, yes, but with slightly different borders.

Anything the West isn't willing to fight a world war for seems like how are they going to stop the Russians.
Russia's population is something over 140 million, that of the rest of Eastern Europe is about a 100 million. I'm not sure if they can even take over all of that given how the defender usually has an advantage, nevermind keep hold over it. They controlled the region when their population was about twice of what it's now and that of the region a bit higher than today. Now, once again, the balance has shifted and the situation has changed.

That's the thing though. That's still much less than NATO forces have combined now, that Russia is actually outproducing NATO militarily, at least in missiles. In 5 years, the military production gap is basically certain to be much smaller with production in NATO still picking up, meaning that NATO will realistically be in an even stronger position to stand against the RUssians, not even taking into account their armies recruiting more people.

Why would they do that though, and why would the Ukrainians agree to that? Presuming that the war doesn't end as a frozen conflict or with some sort of settlement, which according to most reports the military is hoping for and Zelenskyy is vetoing, why would Ukrainians agree to be assimilated into the Russian army, and why would the Russians decide to assimilate enemy soldiers? The Russians would just be risking the supposedly assimilated enemies attacking their troops on their own territory. If anything, there's a much biger chance that some other CEE country, most likely Poland, would take those soldiers to boost their own army numbers.

Still at the very best what NATO has now, very probably less than what it will have in 5 years, and much less than it has the potential to have.

I can imagine that they'd love to do that and that they want to do that. Whether they actually can is the issue.

Before the Ukraine war, Russia already had 1.3 million total military personnel. They still chose to let three small countries with a smaller combined population than Slovakia and not even any domestic small arms manufacturers be and instead attacked a country with hundreds of thousands of soldiers and a substantial domestic MIC. That alone says everything about what they calculated to be a riskier conflict for them, especially given the blow to NATO that would come from it for some reason letting Russians win and refusing to defend its own members.

Why not? Seriously, I legimitely don't get why some people believe that NATO wouldn't respond militarily to something like this.

As I already said, there's extremely few cases in history when any empire or any geopolitical entity responded to an attack by a weaker adversary by letting said adversary win and not even defending itself, instead just writing off and letting said adversary absorb a part of it holding some 5-10% of its population. Not even weak polities invaded by strong enemies really did that. There's absolutely no reason to think that NATO would do so, especially since the US especially has never been all that conflict-averse in recent history.

Most sources I've seen say it's about a million for the US, while NATO as a whole has well over 3 million total military personnel.

Yes, and? Invasions don't end just because the invaded party's territories are far away from the center. If that were so, the Chinese would've annexed Russian far east decades ago. If Russia invades Finland, the rest of Scandinavia immediately joins in on the defense, because they don't want Russia to expand, which brings in the Baltics and Central Europe as well, for the same reason, after which the rest of NATO and EU would almost certainly follow, because there's no reason for them to just accept the possible collapse of a dozen or so countries whose economies are integrated with theirs when they know that the attacker is weaker than them and can be defeated in a conventional war.

Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but your description of this is completely different than what had actually happened. There was a lot of doubt about NATO here before the invasion. Before, nobody was sure whether the US and Western Europeans would act if Russia acted aggressively.

Then, the Russians attacked, and even though they attacked a non-NATO country, the West acted against them in just about any way short of an armed intervention there, which was never in the cards. I legitimately don't understand why you think anyone here is unnerved by the US and others not sending troops into Ukraine. It's not a NATO member, an armed intervention there was never in the cards ever since the beginning. However, and this circles back to my point previously, NATO/EU acted exactly like you'd expect an empire ready to fight if necessary to act against an adversary attacking a client state that's not a part of its territory, but it needs it to be sovereign and exist. Not an armed intervention, but everything else apart from that. Sure, it didn't work out as many had hoped, but it nonetheless raised people's belief in NATO, as those acts quite clearly showed that it's saving the final escalation for an actual attack on it.

True,but how many would go with them? If I remember right, a guerrilla force needs support from at least 10% of a population to function. If Russia annexes the entirety of Ukraine, that's well over that percentage of population of this greater Russia that would have no reason to support the country and would happily support any rebels.

Civilians may not want that, but would politicians and military leaders also choose so? That's the question.

It more or less did though. Not how it wanted, but it's invasion did result in a declaration of war, and said war did ultimately end with the aggressor's complete defeat. Don't think the Russians would want to replicate that.

That's the thing though. The overall situation had changed since then. The US and others were willing to fight for West Germany, because it was first a country occupied by them, and then a NATO member. Hungary was neither, it was a country with barely any economic or political links to the West, and so there was no real chance of the West intervening.

Now, all of those countries are integrated into the EU and NATO. There's absolutely no reason for the West to not intervene if Russians tried invading them, since, in addition to the change in the balance of power in Russia's favor if they took over them, the economic fallout of multiple EU members, comprising well over 10% of its population and with economies already approaching those of the poorer Western members and heavily integrated with them, would be massive.

Russia's population is something over 140 million, that of the rest of Eastern Europe is about a 100 million. I'm not sure if they can even take over all of that given how the defender usually has an advantage, nevermind keep hold over it. They controlled the region when their population was about twice of what it's now and that of the region a bit higher than today. Now, once again, the balance has shifted and the situation has changed.

The NATO militaries having 3 million personnel sounds about right to me. The USA has about 1,465,000 last time I checked which makes sense the US would be near to half the total NATO military standing army.

But lets look at the US number. Of the 1,465,000 I believe it is 625-650,000 are army. Great the US can send 625,000 to Eastern Europe in the event of a world war. Not so fast, the US military has global commitments, including America itself needs a large standing army at home in case of civil war, as all countries do. In the Iraq war which at the time I believe the US army was bigger in personnel, the USA had a lot of difficulty maintaining 125,000 soldiers there. The US surged up to I think 175,000 for a couple years at the peak deployment. And the low level conflict in Iraq was nothing like engagements with the Russian army would be like.

Germany I believe has 85,000 soldiers and 80 tanks.. yes tanks measured in dozens. And their tanks broke down within days in Ukraine and last I heard are back in Germany for repairs. Of Germany's 85,000 soldiers how many are army. How many aren't useless non-job bureaucrats but actual deployable soldiers. Realistically how many could Germany send to help Poland, maybe 10,000. I am using the estimate that you can deploy 1/3rd of your deployable army units at any one time.

The British military is at 65,000 the lowest in 300 years. And shamefully they are still downsizing. I think Britain has 120 tanks last I read. Germany at least I read is trying hard to scale up in light of what is going on. Another issue is these Euro militaries aren't battle hardened. It would realistically take a year of hard combat to get them up to speed, as seen with the Russian army in the war. How many soldiers could Britain actually deploy to Poland, like 5,000 or something.

Finland which is actually serious in military for obvious reasons, they have 25,000 active duty soldiers. Which per capita is huge compared to the others. The Baltic countries have militaries of something like 5-10,000 soldiers each again good per capita. My hypothetical scenario of in 2029 Russia has taken Ukraine and added the Ukraine army to its ranks. And has 2.2 million battle hardened soldiers. The Russian army would just run those countries over.

dude they din't invade the Balts because they are nato members bruh. ukraine got attacked because the Donbass had industrialization, lots of russhit colonists who could be good lil minions, mines, and proximity to russia. ukr also wasn't a nato or eu member and had a dipshit crooked gov and weak nationality. the Z idiots on here are retarded because putin will gulag anyone who isn't a normal shit

dude they din't invade the Balts because they are nato members bruh. ukraine got attacked because the Donbass had industrialization, lots of russhit colonists who could be good lil minions, mines, and proximity to russia. ukr also wasn't a nato or eu member and had a dipshit crooked gov and weak nationality. the Z idiots on here are retarded because putin will gulag anyone who isn't a normal shit
Ukraine got attacked because West orchestrated revolution in Ukraine and installment of pro-Western government. Also NATO is a criminal organisation.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back