Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I saw a video of Amish people singing a hymn, and the song strangely resonates with my inceldom

GloriousFight

GloriousFight

I Hope My Death Makes More Cents Than My Life
★★
This somehow showed up in my recommended. It's a video of Amish or some kind of Ludditemaxxed Christian group singing a hymn called "What a Day That Will Be"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCvG8sN-SQ

The second verse in particular almost brought tears to my eyes:

[UWSL]"There’ll be no sorrow there,[/UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]No more burdens to bear,[/UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]No more sickness, no pain,[/UWSL]
[UWSL]No more parting over there;[/UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL]And forever I will be,[/UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL][UWSL]With the One who died for me,[/UWSL][UWSL] [/UWSL][UWSL]What a day, glorious day that will be"[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I will forever hate Christianity and all religion, but they do make good art and music sometimes. We need more incel representation in art and music [/UWSL]

Your comments are all interesting, Can we all enjoy the liberty in Christ. Now let me clarify, This was the funeral of my amish mother who was longing to leave this earth for several years. Her dying request was to have the family sing a few songs at the end of the funeral. The people in the video are mostly her children, great grand and grand children. We are believers in Christ and would preferred not to be labeled as Mennonites ect,ect. We are believers. It is correct that the traditional Amish would not sing at a funeral so we as a family waited until most all of the attendees departed to sing and fulfill mothers request.

This brings back sweet memories of my Amish friends in Missouri north of Columbia. I had the privilege of being called to attend difficult obstetrical deliveries at their homes on occasion. They display hospitality, kindness, and generosity consistently. The night my van got stuck in the mud in front of a farmhouse and the team of huge Belgian horses barely breaking a sweat to walk forward and the sensation of moving, the van gliding forward, remains in my mind decades later.

I could never religion maxx to cope. I hate people. I'm sure there are good people in the congregation. But to me they are in a cult and in a "sticking their heads in the sand" type of situation.

I could never religion maxx to cope. I hate people. I'm sure there are good people in the congregation. But to me they are in a cult and in a "sticking their heads in the sand" type of situation.
For me, it would take too much mental gymnastics to convince myself whatever god they're worshipping is real.

it resonates with you because you want death.

:cryfeels::feelsbadman::feelscry::feelsrope:
Religion is a tera yotta cope, but this is magnificent.

I will forever hate Christianity and all religion, but they do make good art and music sometimes. We need more incel representation in art and music
Why do you hate Christianity?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back