Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting i hate how music brings back memories of what you were doing while listening to it

Indari

Indari

r4peman
★★★★★
this song reminds me of uni dining halls

(its kinda weird how the actual video kinda fits the "scene" in my life I most associate the song with)

>It was a really dark night (figuratively and literally)
>Completely devoid of hope or happiness
>Tired and depressed
>Friend killed himself a month of so afterwards if I remember (think it was a month before, can't even remember)
>Last exam day at my university before I left and started to work (I have yet to finish my degree, was last exam for that semester)
>Every girl I tried to make interested in me rejected me
>Two girls I went after literally rejected me and got snatched up by guys in my class
>Played this song on loop while I slowly walked out of the compound and stared out of the vehicles window on my way home, looking at the stars

Everytime I listen to this song I flashback to that day. Its one of those "turning point" songs for me, when I really started to change.

Also makes me remember Tokyo Ghoul because of that line from the anime during his transformation I kept going over in my head (1:08 mark):

"I'm not the one who's wrong, whats wrong is the world"

Tokyo Ghoul opening is also another one of those songs for me:

Played it almost every day on my way to university

Haven't listened to it in a year or so, its on my "banned song list" (I have this small selection of songs I'm not allowed to listen to because I'm not "worthy" of it yet in my head, I know its crazy, but I believe there are certain feats I have to achieve first to be able to enjoy them fully, those songs are deeply tied to my dreams, inspirations, ideals, etc. I feel like I violate those things to even attempt to enjoy these songs without first achieving or living up to these things)

Last edited:
When i hear kevin macleods music i remember when i played total miner everyday back in 2011,good times. It is strange how music can get tied to an experiance.

yeah this feeling needs a wikipedia article

eurobeat reminds me of yugioh because of it

This is actually pretty pleasant for me. The bulk of my experiences from 13-present are tied to music. For the most part, complementation with music makes me remember these moments as through a stylizing lens, where certain aesthetic features of the experience are amplified and the unpleasantness obscured.

Some evocative albums for me:

Karp - Mustaches Wild reminds me of spending entire days in middle school spent framing and scripting movies in my head, decayed shacks in the woods, gray skies

Chokebore - Anything Near Water reminds me of getting sold out by a bunch of social climbing parasites, retreating to my room and thoughts of palm trees, hospitals, artificial light.

U.S. Maple - Long Hair In the Three Stages reminds me of dynamically recursive sleep schedules, waking up at midnight and watching the sun rise on my third month of summer alone. Heat, vegetation, and warehouses.

Gang of Four - Solid Gold reminds me of getting a knife in my back from a pissrat cunt who needed my help and then forgot it. Coming home after school to listen to this while the sun set and a half-read Burroughs novel sat on the endtable. Cars, steel, and retreat.

Skullflower - Form Destroyer was the soundtrack to driving to school during my last year of high school, reminiscent of -20° days, sliding glaciers, and blackest night.

Talk Talk - Laughing Stock reminds me of the rare nights of silence in the university dorms, where I'd drift into sleep to thoughts of washed-out colors bleeding across the sky above the barren earth.

Today Is the Day - Supernova, Willpower, Today Is the Day, Temple of the Morning Star, In the Eyes of God, and Sadness Will Prevail were discovered midway through college: absolute game changers and rescued me from a year of anhedonia and listlessness. Invaluable in reestablishing connections with my fury while striking energy and élan back into my heart. Helped me reframe my inceldom less as something to (hopelessly) ignore than as something to be apprehended and thrown back at the world. From the febrile crimson delirium of Willpower to the harsh emptiness of Sadness, an incomparable experience.

Close enough to the present where it's not necessary to go on.

i wanted to have sex with a girlfriend while listening to this song.. / ITSOVER

Wang chung dance hall days
reminds me of rotting on GTA vice city as a lad

This is the only song reminding me of something in the past.

I love that particular ability that music has. I remember staying up all night playing dota and wow back in 2009 while having MTV in the background, so all those songs makes me think nostalgically about those games and how happy I was gaming back then.

But it's a double edged sword, it could trigger bad memories as well. I remember reading somewhere that when Michel Houellebecq listened to the Moody Blues he started crying because it brought back strong memories of a school dance where all the boys and girls slow danced to the music while he was alone.

I love that particular ability that music has. I remember staying up all night playing dota and wow back in 2009 while having MTV in the background, so all those songs makes me think nostalgically about those games and how happy I was gaming back then.

But it's a double edged sword, it could trigger bad memories as well. I remember reading somewhere that when Michel Houellebecq listened to the Moody Blues he started crying because it brought back strong memories of a school dance where all the boys and girls slow danced to the music while he was alone.
all my memories are bad

music makes me nostagilc for a couple of days or weeks ago

I keep coming back every once in a while to hear this song, I wish I had met you at those uni halls, we could have killed normies to beautiful music.

Oh and also this
too bad the show it's from is boring garbage

this version is great as well

I hope the normies that got me kicked out get killed in a car crash after a night of drinking

this version is great as well

I hope the normies that got me kicked out get killed in a car crash after a night of drinking

I watched that anime already, wish it had a season 2, it was kind of interesting, only really liked the combat parts though

Do you know the name of the song, I want to look up the lyrics, the lyrics ironically sound like a roastie serenading a chad - "I want to be with you forever" JFL

autistic song kek, imagine getting caught listening to that shit :lul::lul::lul: I would fucking rope

clicked on that video and was like "Wdf is this shit faggot weeb tune"

Listened to it 500 times now :lul:

autistic song kek, imagine getting caught listening to that shit :lul::lul::lul: I would fucking rope
lmao it grows on you tbh

Imagine warring normies and enslaving bitches with that tune blasting out, so bliss

Imagine warring normies and enslaving bitches with that tune blasting out, so bliss
This, I want to be petting a sobbing naked asian loli as this song plays in the background, she's just there on my lap as I mouth off the lyrics and pet her :lul:

lmao it grows on you tbh

Naw I gotta blast some metal as I shoot. It would be cool af if you could listen to music while going out on military raids. Although it'll probably get you killed since you won't be able to listen to commands or enemies kek.

Imagine listing to this as you fly in on a helicopter and land and start blasting away at any fuck who dares to move. Its an orgasmic thought.

Or this, this may actually be a more fitting song tbh.

Do you know the name of the song, I want to look up the lyrics, the lyrics ironically sound like a roastie serenading a chad - "I want to be with you forever" JFL
says on the vid silhouette of a ballerina

most my my music is from anime.
Shit I'm going blind, thanks

Wish there was an instrumental, it sounds like some pro rpg background music.

Last edited:
listening to the hotarubi no mori e ost right now, same composer as the natsume yuujinchou soundtrack and sounds so similar. bretty gr8 stuff

Naw I gotta blast some metal as I shoot. It would be cool af if you could listen to music while going out on military raids. Although it'll probably get you killed since you won't be able to listen to commands or enemies kek.

Imagine listing to this as you fly in on a helicopter and land and start blasting away at any fuck who dares to move. Its an orgasmic thought.

Or this, this may actually be a more fitting song tbh.

Nah I want to hear "Aizens Theme Song" (Treachery) when I'm wiping normies out or executing plans

I posted the song but I didn't listen, I banned myself from listening to this song years ago because I can't fully enjoy it until I achieve certain things lol, yes I know that's crazy to have "banned songs", I avoid listening to them because what they mean to me is a "state of being to be attained", and until I reach those goals I don't want to hear them. This is at the top of that list of banned songs lol (yes they are all anime songs, only anime songs are that epic anyways).

Nah I want to hear "Aizens Theme Song" (Treachery) when I'm wiping normies out or executing plans

I posted the song but I didn't listen, I banned myself from listening to this song years ago because I can't fully enjoy it until I achieve certain things lol, yes I know that's crazy to have "banned songs", I avoid listening to them because what they mean to me is a "state of being to be attained", and until I reach those goals I don't want to hear them. This is at the top of that list of banned songs lol (yes they are all anime songs, only anime songs are that epic anyways).

kek never took you for a weeb. I thought you were high IQ :(

This song reminds me of the last year I was happy. High school freshman year.

this song reminds me of the time in 6th grade that I was staying at my father's place and I was suddenly so ashamed about masturbation that I did nothing but cry all day for days and grew completely despondent and felt like it was the end of the world until I finally confided in my father. g-good times :kys:

I always tend to have these songs that make me think over my life. Feels warning.

kek never took you for a weeb. I thought you were high IQ :(
How does preference in media consumption have any correlation with iq, unless you're watching dora?

Californiacation was absolutely ruined for me. That song was played on a bus and the two people sitting behind me were fucking. My seat moved with every thrust.

On top of that this smelly trailer trash woman sitting next to me was drooling on my shoulder.

Yeah there is one song I absolutely can't listen too.
they were really bad times, for I was an angry lad of 17-18
for it resonated very much so of my disconnect during High School.