Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I flew my 500,000th mile this week

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
Not really sure I should've undergone international travel during a pandemic, but my family wanted to see me, so I did. I know this isn't much to brag about. I get brutally mogged by the actual frequent flyers who congregate on Flyertalk and have logged 5, or even 10 million miles. They also statusmog me to oblivion. :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

But flying is still special to me as a subhuman. I love the ability to sit in a thin metal tube and end up far away, whether it's for a weekend or a month, from the cookie-cutter normies who I am forced to socialize with, whose presence I have to tolerate. There's a certain psychological comfort in distance, even though that comfort shrinks as the reach of social media expands.

And on a side note, aviation encompasses a lot of interesting political and economic topics --anything from the patchwork of international agreements that govern cabotage rules to the microeconomics of ticketing.

I think I realized today, though, that I might be the only person I know who has actually spent more time on a plane than time in a romantic relationship. Absolutely brutal. I wish I was born as someone else. It would be great to feel normal for once.

Last edited:
Brag post. You're just a richfag who wants to show off.

Fair enough, man. I didn't mean to make you feel like shit.

Nah it's cool. I don't even get to travel which sucks ass. Working on making more money but it's not easy in my backward toilet country.

Not really sure I should've undergone international travel during a pandemic, but my family wanted to see me, so I did. I know this isn't much to brag about. I get brutally mogged by the actual frequent flyers who congregate on Flyertalk and have logged 5, or even 10 million miles. They also statusmog me to oblivion. :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

But flying is still special to me as a subhuman. I love the ability to sit in a thin metal tube and end up far away, whether it's for a weekend or a month, from the cookie-cutter normies who I am forced to socialize with, whose presence I have to tolerate. There's a certain psychological comfort in distance, even though that comfort shrinks as the reach of social media expands.

And on a side note, aviation encompasses a lot of interesting political and economic topics --anything from the patchwork of international agreements that govern cabotage rules to the microeconomics of ticketing.

I think I realized today, though, that I might be the only person I know who has actually spent more time on a plane than time in a romantic relationship. Absolutely brutal. I wish I was born as someone else. It would be great to feel normal for once.

You must fly business class and spend a shit ton of money per flight. Economy is fucking HELL on any airline.

Why fly when you can just lie down and die

You must fly business class and spend a shit ton of money per flight. Economy is fucking HELL on any airline.

Aren't you 6'5? I can see why economy is hell for you.

The value proposition of business class is usually pretty bad, so I actually fly economy pretty often. My frequent flyer status gives me some time-saving perks that the richmoggers get anyway -- lounge access, being able to skip a bunch of queues, etc, and plus I sometimes get to choose exit row seats without paying extra.

I'll pay for business if there's a long-ass segment (think Dallas to Hong Kong, or Singapore to San Francisco) and if it's not peak season, or if I see a good deal on a last-minute cash upgrade. Other times I use some of my miles or credit card points.

Premium economy is a good option for tallcels who don't want to break the bank, but obviously the end product varies from airline to airline.
Why fly when you can just lie down and die

Good point

Are you an oxford grad? You talk very high class unlike the people here.

severely mogs me

I don’t really like plane rides since they are so long. I’m a bit better at them now than I was as a little kid tho plus vidya to distract me

Brag tbh.

This Ive stepped on a plane like 4 times in my life.

Brutal mog i never even left my home country

The value proposition of business class is usually pretty bad, so I actually fly economy pretty often. My frequent flyer status gives me some time-saving perks that the richmoggers get anyway -- lounge access, being able to skip a bunch of queues, etc, and plus I sometimes get to choose exit row seats without paying extra.

I'll pay for business if there's a long-ass segment (think Dallas to Hong Kong, or Singapore to San Francisco) and if it's not peak season, or if I see a good deal on a last-minute cash upgrade. Other times I use some of my miles or credit card points.

Premium economy is a good option for tallcels who don't want to break the bank, but obviously the end product varies from airline to airline.

Good point
Dude you're not a middle class ethnic, your just one of these honkies whos parents moan about being middle class because they're not li Ka shing lol.
Agree with you, I only fly business on my own dime if it's 8+ hrs, so basically HK to USA or UK

I touched boobies once.

Last time I went on a plane was 2006

You must have strong arms to be able to fly so far.

Good point

I get the economy upgrade which has longer seat, not premium economy but one step below.

But in america, everyone is so fat, they spill over into your seat. Fat people smell awful too.

Then again, last time I flew through SEA, at least half were fat as well. I'm sure HK and SG have much wealthier, thinner people.

Brutal mog i never even left my home country

@PPEcel - A lot of people are jealouse of the travelling, TBH I'm just jealous of the money lol, I just want the money you use to travel, but i don't care about traveling at all

I want to find one place with a low cost of living, access to nice places to eat and exercise, and affordable prostitution, and I'd stay there for the rest of my life

I think travelling is overated, I've never actually wanted to just go to a place because I think the entire "worth" of it is subjective

If you climb to the top of mount everest and plant a flag or you visit Machu Picchu in Peru, literally nothing has changed for you, its just an ego stroke thing of "I've visited this place other people haven't"

I don't really care what other people think, I just want nutrition, sex and entertainment JFL

I don't really get the hype of collecting all these memories of "beautiful places" when these memories will cease to exist when I die, and lets say there is a heaven and I will keep the memories, those places will pale in comparison to heaven so they won't be that special then anyways

Travelling just seems to me like something people tend to do for the sake of impressing other people, you gain nothing of objective worth just by the act of travelling alone

Last edited:
I don't even have 1 mile let alone 8 miles.

0 miles flown this year for me

I cannot fly in a plane for obvious reasons

original

@PPEcel - A lot of people are jealouse of the travelling, TBH I'm just jealous of the money lol, I just want the money you use to travel, but i don't care about traveling at all

I want to find one place with a low cost of living, access to nice places to eat and exercise, and affordable prostitution, and I'd stay there for the rest of my life

I think travelling is overated, I've never actually wanted to just go to a place because I think the entire "worth" of it is subjective

If you climb to the top of mount everest and plant a flag or you visit Machu Picchu in Peru, literally nothing has changed for you, its just an ego stroke thing of "I've visited this place other people haven't"

I don't really care what other people think, I just want nutrition, sex and entertainment JFL

I don't really get the hype of collecting all these memories of "beautiful places" when these memories will cease to exist when I die, and lets say there is a heaven and I will keep the memories, those places will pale in comparison to heaven so they won't be that special then anyways

Travelling just seems to me like something people tend to do for the sake of impressing other people, you gain nothing of objective worth just by the act of travelling alone

Thats not true. Travelling is a good cope. Id like to travel to tropical exotic locations but dont have the money/time.

Thats not true. Travelling is a good cope

That's not really an argument, what about it is good?

The only reason people endlessly travel and visit new locations is primarily to talk about it with other people (boast) or to collect "fond memories" which is pointless as those memories cease to exist and into your old age you won't even remember much of it

Traveling for the sake of traveling is basically just mental masturbation, there's no point to it

Id like to travel to tropical exotic locations but dont have the money/time.

If those places are so great, why just travel there, why not go there to live, seriously what is the point?

Don't you see how funny it is to say how great a place is that you will travel thousands of miles to get there, but its really just some notch on your belt, something on a list to cross off

Its not the place that you like, its the fact that its YOU that went there that you like

That's not really an argument, what about it is good?

The only reason people endlessly travel and visit new locations is primarily to talk about it with other people (boast) or to collect "fond memories" which is pointless as those memories cease to exist and into your old age you won't even remember much of it

Traveling for the sake of traveling is basically just mental masturbation, there's no point to it

If those places are so great, why just travel there, why not go there to live, seriously what is the point?

Don't you see how funny it is to say how great a place is that you will travel thousands of miles to get there, but its really just some notch on your belt, something on a list to cross off

Its not the place that you like, its the fact that its YOU that went there that you like

No. I enjoy chilling out in those places, maybe fuck the local hooker foids, try the cuisine,etc. As far as talking about it to others, I have no friends and I'd prolly just go alone.

Also living in a place vs visiting are two very different things. A place might be great to visit but living there might suck ass.

At 43, I've never been on a plane. My whole family has, even in that I'm a fucking failure.

A place might be great to visit but living there might suck ass.

If a country sucks to live in, It literally makes no sense to visit it, sounds completely illogical

Reminds me of those women who go to India to "see the beauty of the country" and they just end up getting raped (its known as the rape capital of the world for a reason) JFL

Its a shit country, you know its a shit country, it may have some "beautiful sights" but if the country is shit there's no point in visiting it, I can buy curry where I live, and I don't care much about "beautiful sights", its subjective, it has no objective worth

No. I enjoy chilling out in those places, maybe fuck the local hooker foids, try the cuisine,etc

Ok so why not stay then?

If you could afford to stay, why leave to just endlessly go from place to place, trying to find a new place to "chill out" or new cuisine

I don't think people realize that globalization has made travel pointless when it comes to a lot of places, if you want to try "genuine thai cuisine" you can just look for a place on google maps and there's some people from thailand that opened a thai food store that serve it

Every country on the planet has a chinese food store, when you think about it we never should have even known what chinese food tastes like, yet its a commonly known thing to everyone on the planet

There is no reason to just keep endlessly going from place to place trying to "experience something new" just for the sake of experience

I believe people who do this are just wasting time trying to find something "meaningful" or "deep" in life, no such thing exists, at the end of the day, no matter what "beautiful vistas" you witness or foods you taste, your life as a biological creature comes down to pleasure, you are going to eat, shit, sleep and fuck, the end lol (everything else is cope)

Its just a waste of money to randomly visit places to "try something new"

Maybe I'm just a "creature of habit", but I don't get the urge to just endlessly chase "new experiences", I just want a nice safe place with the essentials within my vicinity, and a bit of variety in food

Ehh.. I get where you're coming from but I don't subscribe to this view. Travel is one of those things that brings novelty and injects otherwise mundane existences with some semblance of wonder and excitement. Visiting a new city, taking in the sights and smells, walking around aimlessly and acquainting oneself with a foreign terrain brings delight like quite few other things in life do. Further, sampling the local talent, to the extent that there's a relatively transparent market for it is but another benefit of travel. Getting acquainted with the local culture in a tactile and intimate way, something youtube or other mediums simply do not allow, is another wonder of travel. I can certainly appreciate why other people might not be similarly inclined but I've found Travel to be quite rewarding. I also think it's important to interrogate why one travels. Traveling for social cache or bragging rights is pretty asinine in my view.

Travel is one of those things that brings novelty and injects otherwise mundane existences with some semblance of wonder and excitement

What you are talking about is exactly my point, you are exactly the kind of person I was describing, all of that is just in your head, its a cope, nothing changed by you going to a new place to eat different tasting foods or by meeting new people, literally nothing changed

Its like when people climb Mount Everest, they don't gain anything by doing so, they placed subjective value on "the experience" so they feel like they've "gained something" but nothing changed for them, they just stood ontop of an icy cold mountain, that's it

To me this is the pinnacle of normie, the folly of valuing subjective things, dying just to stand on a "special" land mass lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUYmenII5Y

To you, that "new city" is this amazing thing

To a homeless man who lives in that city, its just the same shitty streets he starves on everyday

To the street vendors and everyone else that brings you your "delight", that city is just the shit they put up with, slaving away hoping to one day "make it" (and ironically leave said city to do some traveling to "experience life")

There's nothing special about any place on this planet, YOU just need it to FEEL special, because you NEED something special in your life

Its not just you, that's what most humans are searching for, that's why traveling and sight seeing is a thing typical of normies, everybody is trying to find something special, some special experience that makes their existence feel "meaningful", and they all create their own subjective and arbitrary criteria, as to why standing on a specific land mass on a giant spinning ball of rock in space is so special lol

Nothing is special, that's reality

I know that nothing I could say would make a difference though, the most important factor when it comes to changing someones beliefs, is that you have a belief of similar or greater value to replace it with, which is exactly why I could never convince you, because this change in perspective takes away something but it doesn't offer anything

Traveling for social cache or bragging rights is pretty asinine in my view.

Its really no different than traveling for "the feeling of adventure" which is basically your perspective, its just another pointless emotional reason

Last edited:
I like flying but I hate airports, they are so stressful and I always think that I'm gonna miss my flight or lose my baggage or something.

I get to much flight anxiety to fly tbh

What you are talking about is exactly my point, you are exactly the kind of person I was describing, all of that is just in your head, its a cope, nothing changed by you going to a new place to eat different tasting foods or by meeting new people, literally nothing changed

Its like when people climb Mount Everest, they don't gain anything by doing so, they placed subjective value on "the experience" so they feel like they've "gained something" but nothing changed for them, they just stood ontop of an icy cold mountain, that's it

To me this is the pinnacle of normie, the folly of valuing subjective things, dying just to stand on a "special" land mass lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUYmenII5Y

To you, that "new city" is this amazing thing

To a homeless man who lives in that city, its just the same shitty streets he starves on everyday

To the street vendors and everyone else that brings you your "delight", that city is just the shit they put up with, slaving away hoping to one day "make it" (and ironically leave said city to do some traveling to "experience life")

There's nothing special about any place on this planet, YOU just need it to FEEL special, because you NEED something special in your life

Its not just you, that's what most humans are searching for, that's why traveling and sight seeing is a thing typical of normies, everybody is trying to find something special, some special experience that makes their existence feel "meaningful", and they all create their own subjective and arbitrary criteria, as to why standing on a specific land mass on a giant spinning ball of rock in space is so special lol

Nothing is special, that's reality

I know that nothing I could say would make a difference though, the most important factor when it comes to changing someones beliefs, is that you have a belief of similar or greater value to replace it with, which is exactly why I could never convince you, because this change in perspective takes away something but it doesn't offer anything

Its really no different than traveling for "the feeling of adventure" which is basically your perspective, its just another pointless emotional reason

Well you're not wrong in a purely intellectual and philosophical sense. There indeed is nothing special about Traveling in a purely objective sense. Everyone operates from a different frame of reference. The same way you would love access to cheap prostitutes to sate your carnal desires, the same way people enjoy traveling to sate their desire for novelty or wonder. Once you're Blackpilled, you become acquainted with the true nature of reality, which is to say you see the world for the cruel and harrowing place it is. Travel is one of those things that allows me some sense of reprieve from the otherwise oppressive nature of reality. You are right and I don't think we're necessarily in disagreement here. Traveling is a cope and one I've personally taken to in lieu of anime, gaming, or anything else people do to derive some measure of enjoyment and pleasure.

Dude you're not a middle class ethnic, your just one of these honkies whos parents moan about being middle class because they're not li Ka shing lol.
Agree with you, I only fly business on my own dime if it's 8+ hrs, so basically HK to USA or UK

Which airlines do you go with when you fly on J between HK and USA? CX is awesome but usually at least $6k USD between HKG-JFK or -ORD, which is just fucking ridiculous.

If a country sucks to live in, It literally makes no sense to visit it, sounds completely illogical

There are places that are great to visit but not so great to be a citizen of. Bangkok is one of them, it's littered with these mega-malls and five-star hotels catering to horny rich tourists and corrupt army generals, but right in between them in some dark alley, you'll see people living in huts made of scrap metal. The inequality is surreal. And the traffic sucks.

I don't actually travel that much for fun, I accrued a lot of those miles when one of my parents transferred to the New York office for a while, while I attended a burgerland boarding school, so for some of my teenage years every few months I took a round-trip transpacific flight just to see rice relatives, which adds up, kek. And I also had extended family in Singapore and Canada.

Travelling is just another cope, like alcohol or vidya or food -- plenty of reasons for it. Some people like all-inclusive resorts where they don't ever interact with a local, other than resort staff, so they can pig out on a mediocre buffet and drink pina coladas at 11 in the morning. A couple of Stacies I know don't really travel except to ski in Gstaad twice a year. Some truecels head to Amsterdam for legal weed and awkward sex. Mountain climbing is also a cope -- part of it must be the thrill, the adrenaline rush of doing something stupidly dangerous, like BASE jumping or cave diving.

I like seeing government building and historical sites. Some normies think I'm weird for that reason. I really want to check out Auschwitz and Chernobyl sometime, but it's unlikely to happen this year. I know I could probably learn just as much by heading to the library or by watching a documentary, but as stupid as it sounds, it feels cool.

You make a very good point about travelling being an object of bragging. I think Instagram culture is cancer and has quite frankly ruined certain tourist spots. I have never seen the point of taking 50 photos of each plate of food or each piece of art.

Well you're not wrong in a purely intellectual and philosophical sense. There indeed is nothing special about Traveling in a purely objective sense. Everyone operates from a different frame of reference. The same way you would love access to cheap prostitutes to sate your carnal desires, the same way people enjoy traveling to sate their desire for novelty or wonder. Once you're Blackpilled, you become acquainted with the true nature of reality, which is to say you see the world for the cruel and harrowing place it is. Travel is one of those things that allows me some sense of reprieve from the otherwise oppressive nature of reality. You are right and I don't think we're necessarily in disagreement here. Traveling is a cope and one I've personally taken to in lieu of anime, gaming, or anything else people do to derive some measure of enjoyment and pleasure.

Of course life experiences are subjective, water is wet.

Which airlines do you go with when you fly on J between HK and USA? CX is awesome but usually at least $6k USD between HKG-JFK or -ORD, which is just fucking ridiculous.
To SF I use SQ, who are, and in the past have used HX before they stopped, they were amazing, once flew to LAX on CX but I wasn't paying that time.
Personally I think CX J is way overrated and overpriced, basically cos 'middle class' honkies and rich mainlanders overpay for everything, I'd put a cx behind QF, SQ, OZ, KE, NH,JL, EX , TK, LX, and QR, but still better than a US or European airline!

Reminds me of those women who go to India to "see the beauty of the country" and they just end up getting raped (its known as the rape capital of the world for a reason) JFL

Its a shit country, you know its a shit country, it may have some "beautiful sights" but if the country is shit there's no point in visiting it, I can buy curry where I live, and I don't care much about "beautiful sights", its subjective, it has no objective worth

Ok so why not stay then?

If you could afford to stay, why leave to just endlessly go from place to place, trying to find a new place to "chill out" or new cuisine

I don't think people realize that globalization has made travel pointless when it comes to a lot of places, if you want to try "genuine thai cuisine" you can just look for a place on google maps and there's some people from thailand that opened a thai food store that serve it

Every country on the planet has a chinese food store, when you think about it we never should have even known what chinese food tastes like, yet its a commonly known thing to everyone on the planet

There is no reason to just keep endlessly going from place to place trying to "experience something new" just for the sake of experience

I believe people who do this are just wasting time trying to find something "meaningful" or "deep" in life, no such thing exists, at the end of the day, no matter what "beautiful vistas" you witness or foods you taste, your life as a biological creature comes down to pleasure, you are going to eat, shit, sleep and fuck, the end lol (everything else is cope)

Its just a waste of money to randomly visit places to "try something new"

Maybe I'm just a "creature of habit", but I don't get the urge to just endlessly chase "new experiences", I just want a nice safe place with the essentials within my vicinity, and a bit of variety in food
Man, I like some of your posts but not this one. You legit sound like a 16 year old self professed stoic philosopher who recently watched Death Note.
You are not Light Yagami bro.

Traveling is a form of entertainment for some. Everything is Cope in the end, we are all just waiting for our death. Watching anime is no different than traveling (provided you have enough time and money)
Why not do something you enjoy? Some people really like Traveling (I like trekking).

You are a smart man no doubt about it but you reek ignorance sometimes. You made a thread about "killing ego" right? Why don't you follow your advice and let others cope in their own ways. You don't have to force your opinions on others just to feel superior about yourself.

Tldr: Get your head out of your ass