Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I feel like I gotta help myself to things in life

M

MediumDiploma

Philosopher /Supervising Supervisor of Burger King
★★
I feel like I gotta help myself to things in life. For example, I need to ask people if I can go to parties and they would say yes most of the time. If I don't ask I never get invited. I also feel like I gotta initiate the conversation by saying the first word, otherwise, people don't talk to me. Lack of communication with people when I talk to them makes me nervous. I know that things don't fall on my lap out of the sky. I gotta initiate stuff and get proactive. This goes for getting anything I want in life. Jobs, making friends. For most things, I gotta help myself, and initiate stuff.

It sometimes is hard to fight for things others seem to get for free but it shows you are ready to use what you have to get what you want.
Keep going and you can go far with this. If you were at parties with others, don't they invite you again or don't you find any friends that you hang out with or at least continue to chat online?

It sometimes is hard to fight for things others seem to get for free but it shows you are ready to use what you have to get what you want.
Keep going and you can go far with this. If you were at parties with others, don't they invite you again or don't you find any friends that you hang out with or at least continue to chat online?
Nope, most of the time I gotta ask again or it never happens. It's like I come and visit, and then no communication again until I initiate a conversation again and ask for stuff. They don't go out and reach out to me. I gotta do stuff and reach out to them. That's why I gotta help myself or things never happen.

Nope, most of the time I gotta ask again or it never happens. It's like I come and visit, and then no communication again until I initiate a conversation again and ask for stuff. They don't go out and reach out to me. I gotta do stuff and reach out to them. That's why I gotta help myself or things never happen.
Tbh then it is not worth it. Do you have anything in common with those people you hang out? What is this? A college party?

Tbh then it is not worth it. Do you have anything in common with those people you hang out? What is this? A college party?
I mean they do sometimes invite generally and broadcast to a whole group of people, but they don't go out of their way to invite me specifically.

Basically programming clubs, anime club, or debating club. Or people I meet in classes.

Basically programming clubs, anime club, or debating club. Or people I meet in classes.
Hmm that sounds like places where incels could fit in. But I also made the experience that other autists have a hard time at being open and invitive aswell. Maybe bring some beer or hard liqueur next time :feelspuke:

I feel like I gotta help myself to things in life. For example, I need to ask people if I can go to parties and they would say yes most of the time. If I don't ask I never get invited. I also feel like I gotta initiate the conversation by saying the first word, otherwise, people don't talk to me. Lack of communication with people when I talk to them makes me nervous. I know that things don't fall on my lap out of the sky. I gotta initiate stuff and get proactive. This goes for getting anything I want in life. Jobs, making friends. For most things, I gotta help myself, and initiate stuff.
Ok GrAY