Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Hyperactive ADHD VS Inattentive ADHD

Therapywasawaste

Therapywasawaste

Recruit
★★★
Hyperactive ADHD is a chad "disorder." In elementary school there were a few very social, extraverted guys who had ADHD and I think alot of other kids started to say they had it because they thought of it as cool. Even later on, in high school, there were many normies saying they have ADHD (they may or may not have had it) and they always thought of it as a funny thing. Even though it's a neurological disorder, those affected by it always eemed more NT, with lots of friends.

I have inattentive ADD, (now also called ADHD) an incel disorder. I wasn't tested and diagnosed until highschool because no one ever thought of me as someone who would've had ADHD. I was very quiet and still.

I've heard of a theory about enviornmental factors causing inattentive ADHD. The theory was that stress during early childhood and as an infant, that you can't get away from can cause you to tune out as a coping mechanism.

I feel like this, and genetics, may have been what caused this with me. My mother is a very stressful person. She worries about everything, her voice can be very high and I can always feel what she feels. Her and my sister stressed each other out and argued alot as I got older (probably too old for me to be affected by it, like middle school age and older.) My Mother and step father didn't seem very happy together for most of the time at first but I think by that point I was too old to be really affected by it (like ages 5-10.) They're still together they just don't argue as much. Though, they are still very stressed most of the time, like everyone in the world is.

My mother told me about an incident when I was a baby that I think affected me a bit. She told me that, one night, my father got drunk and went into the wrong house. The owners called the cops and he was very upset when he came back to our home and hit my mother. She never pressed charges or told many people because he was going to be deployed not long after and she wouldn't have to be around him anyway. She was very young and had two kids, so she probably still needed his money.

I'm sure there are other things that happened that she never told me about but I imagine I had been surrounded by that for part of my early life. I think that's probably why I'm such a good daydreamer and so absent minded, that and having no one in my real life to really talk to, and just nothing good going on in my real life.

Same, but at least there is pretty decent medication for adhd. There is nothing you can do about autism

Idk which one I have I think it’s both but I’m not as hyperactive and low inhib as I used to be younger

Same, but at least there is pretty decent medication for adhd. There is nothing you can do about autism
I've been on medication, it hasn't helped me. But I do agree that autism is worse.

I've been on medication, it hasn't helped me. But I do agree that autism is worse.
Have you tried vyvanse and adderall? They're amphetamine based compounds which is what you need if you are low energy.

Have you tried vyvanse and adderall? They're amphetamine based compounds which is what you need if you are low energy.
I am on Methylphenidate.

I have ADHD and its ruined my social life and im unable to make irl friends and pay attention