Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How to give up soft drinks?

A

AutisticBeast

31yo KHV
-
I am trying to stop drinking carbanonated soft drinks in February. At the moment I drink 6 cans a day or even more depending on how many I can get my hands on. They provide me with pleasure and are like a comfort blanket. I don't know if it is the sugar I crave or the taste as I also like sugar free drinks although I mostly buy the full sugar ones.

Has anyone else successfully given them up?

Can you make your own homemade soft drinks? Like passively doing so maybe get some carbonated water and put some synthetic sugar in it like crystal lite? Maybe this will help u ease off of it like how smokers vape to get off real cigs

Hard to give up on it and they taste very good, try limiting i dont think they are harmful if you drink it once or twice a week.

Start siphoning them off and start drinking more juice. This way whenever you crave soda, you can just go to juice instead

Can you make your own homemade soft drinks? Like passively doing so maybe get some carbonated water and put some synthetic sugar in it like crystal lite? Maybe this will help u ease off of it like how smokers vape to get off real cigs
I could but at the start the best way I think is to go cold turkey.

I cannot live without soft drinks. Sweets make me happier and I need all the happiness I can get.

Plus it keeps me up because I am a code monkey.

I used to drink 3-12 cans of soda, usually Mountain Dew, for quite a few years back in the day. And I don't have any secret way to give it up, sadly. It just happened that, eventually, the sodas kind of lost all flavor to me, like when I would drink them, it was like drinking carbonated water or something. So I just lost the desire to continue drinking them and took up drinking other shit, instead, namely water and alcohol.

Take a sip to stop the crave and quickly throw it to the sink.
Don't buy them.
Mix them with juice or water

I am trying to stop drinking carbanonated soft drinks in February. At the moment I drink 6 cans a day or even more depending on how many I can get my hands on. They provide me with pleasure and are like a comfort blanket. I don't know if it is the sugar I crave or the taste as I also like sugar free drinks although I mostly buy the full sugar ones.

Has anyone else successfully given them up?

Yeah I was succesfull. Used to drink too much alcohol, soft drinks, smoke weed, junk food.

Giving up is super hard at first but hang in there and dont give up. It takes a while but eventually you wont even think about your addictions or even have cravings for them.
Just be patient and hang in there.

Try caffeinemaxxing with coffee.

You just stop buying them

i really like cold water
:feelsmage:

buy water stop buying soft drinks

There are soft drinks with low or no sugar.

Drink one a day, then drink one a two day, then drink one a week etc. Limit intake, if you can't drop it out right.

Step 1:be poor so you can't afford them

if you go cold turkey you conna crash hard. drik one less every two days until you end up one a day. from there maybe drink on once evry 3 days or so. i guess a can a week would be a good goal to maintain. i stopped cold turkey and havendt drank any in years. dont miss it. but i still eat a snack like cookies every two weeks or so. moderation might be good if soda is your thing

Just switch to diet. I don't even drink soda, never did, it was always a rare thing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back