Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How IQ works

vermilion

vermilion

#1 celebrity of the forum
-
A brief explanation of how IQ works.

Screenshot 20220314 173351 Adobe Acrobat
Intelligence Quotient measures general cognitive capacity, which accounts for a large part of intelligence—not all of it, because intelligence cannot be fully measured. This general cognitive capacity is referred to as the g factor.

An IQ result is simply an estimation of one's general cognitive capacity. In no way it explains everything. For example, an individual who weighs 200 is literally twice as heavy as an individual who weighs 100. On the other hand, an individual with an IQ of 140 is not literally twice as smart as an individual whose IQ is 70, even though the former individual is a lot smarter.

Screenshot 20220314 173519 Adobe Acrobat

General cognitive capacity, or the g factor, is the ability to reason, learn, memorize, understand, identify patterns, process information, solve novel problems, think abstractly, and come up with new ideas.

Fluid intelligence is the biology-based facet of intelligence, whereas crystallized intelligence is the culture-based facet of intelligence.

Downloadfile 1

Fluid intelligence is represented by nonverbal IQ; quantitative and genetic, whereas crystallized intelligence is represented by verbal IQ; knowledge acquired and communication skills.

Fluid intelligence peaks in early adulthood and starts a slow decline around age 25. It goes downhill from there. One can stave off the decline by exercising, preferably cardiovascular exercise and weight-lifting. Crystallized intelligence stays the same or increases with age. It peaks later in life and is usually measured by vocabulary.

A few facts about IQ

Screenshot 20220314 173359 Adobe Acrobat

1. Most people fall in the middle, hence the term average. The number of people dwindles on the extremes.

2. A standard deviation is represented by 15 points of IQ. An individual with an IQ of 100 is average, an individual with an IQ of 115 is above average, an individual with an IQ of 130 is gifted, and an individual with an IQ of 130 or above is brilliant.

3. IQ is also commonly referred to as percentiles. A score of 130 is 98th percentile for IQ, which puts the individual on the 2% mark.

4. Regression to the mean is a statistical phenomenon that occurs once an extreme is reached. For example, bright couples may have children with an above average intelligence, but not as bright as themselves. Similarly, couples with an above average intelligence may have average children.

5. IQ is positively correlated with professional, educational, and financial success, life expectancy, and physical health.

Maybe you should start writing essays about topics that are actually relevant to incels ...

Maybe you should start writing essays about topics that are actually relevant to incels ...
1. I do. Check out my older threads.

2. The Lounge is an off-topic section, in case you haven't noticed.

3. You only comment on other people's threads to mock and belittle them. I'd ask you to encourage them instead, but that'd be too much for your inflated ego.

1. I do. Check out my older threads.

2. The Lounge is an off-topic section, in case you haven't noticed.

3. You only comment on other people's threads to mock and belittle them. I'd ask you to encourage them instead, but that'd be too much for your inflated ego.
You cried about people not reading your essays. I just gave you a tip how to prevent that.
If you haven't noticed, you most of the time don't get any replies on your shit besides "ok" and "cool story bro", I just wanted to help.

You cried about people not reading your essays.
I just gave you a tip how to prevent that.
If you haven't noticed, you most of the time don't get any replies on your shit besides "ok" and "cool story bro", I just wanted to help.
The reason most of my threads don't get as many replies is because people aren't into reading essays, not because my threads are not relevant to inceldom as you make it seem. Also, "relevant" is partly subjective. What makes you think some incels aren't interested in IQ? They certainly are. Heck, they were talking about the correlation between physical attractiveness and IQ a few minutes ago. You haven't been paying much attention.

Last edited:
3. You only comment on other people's threads to mock and belittle them.
Oh, before I forget.
Please stop making false accusations about me. You are deserving of 3 perma bans already for all the misinformation you spread about me.

for your inflated ego.
I'm not the one writing irrelevant pseudo-intelligent essays, thinking that I "enlighten" people. Lmao. Maybe ask yourself again who has the inflated ego.

Oh, before I forget.
Please stop making false accusations about me. You are deserving of 3 perma bans already for all the misinformation you spread about me.
I expected you to say exactly that. No, it's not a false accusation; it's a personal observation.

I'm not the one writing irrelevant pseudo-intelligent essays, thinking that I "enlighten" people.
An accusation. Assuming that I think I write essays to enlighten people.

Well, you just contradicted yourself. I laughed.

Lmao. Maybe ask yourself again who has the inflated ego.
I do have an inflated ego. You do have an inflated ego as well. I try to control it; you deny the existence of it. I'm on the right path; you are not...

It would be good to have a statistic that showed us how IQ is directly linked to sucess, and in how many cases people benefit from it. It would be good to have a good metric to gauge one's IQ correctly, even if it kills your ego in the process

It would be good to have a statistic that showed us how IQ is directly linked to sucess, and in how many cases people benefit from it. It would be good to have a good metric to gauge one's IQ correctly, even if it kills your ego in the process
Agreed. Luckily, IQ research seems to be advancing, and so is the neuroscience of intelligence for all it's worth.

What's yours though?

IQ is just a social construct.:soy:

Ah, getting evasive, eh? :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Make sure you get evasive like I'm asking you for your social security number.
No, I just don't see why this e-dick measuring contest is so important to you. Revealing a number serves no useful function and doesn't add to anything helpful.

He strikes me as a sneak who has ulterior motives and is afraid to be transparent. Imagine living your life on the internet that way.
Keep coping, and thanks for your opinion.

No, I just don't see why this e-dick measuring contest is so important to you. Revealing a number serves no useful function and doesn't add to anything helpful.

Keep coping, and thanks for your opinion.
Nope, you had to reply, so you are the one coping.

This SilverBerry dude is clearly mentally unstable. What inceldom does to a mf.

mentally unstable because I disagree with you? just lol
No, the way you treat people with hostility for no reason and copy threads from other forums to prove a point. I get what's happening, I'm a narcissist just like you. But that is too much.

No, the way you treat people with hostility for no reason and copy threads from other forums to prove a point. I get what's happening, I'm a narcissist just like you. But that is too much.
LOL

A copypasta makes me unstable. :feelshaha:

He values IQ as a statistic and is probably unhappy that he scored much lower than expected (Dunning-Kreuger is a bitch), and is now lashing out from a place of insecurity.

@Silverberry You shouldn't be mad. IQ is entirely genetic. Its potential is maximized in the environment, but your ceiling is determined at conception. Are you also mad that chads are born tall and gl?

My IQ is in the 75 - 79 range, I was tested professionally 3 years ago.

He values IQ as a statistic and is probably unhappy that he scored much lower than expected (Dunning-Kreuger is a bitch), and is now lashing out from a place of insecurity.

@Silverberry You shouldn't be mad. IQ is entirely genetic. Its potential is maximized in the environment, but your ceiling is determined at conception. Are you also mad that chads are born tall and gl?
I've never taken an official IQ test, just the ones online (you assume they are gimmicks too right)?

I've never taken an official IQ test, just the ones online (you assume they are gimmicks too right)?
The online IQ tests aren't reliable, mainly because they aren't validated by professional psychologists and the questions are low quality.

The online IQ tests aren't reliable, mainly because they aren't validated by professional psychologists and the questions are low quality.
Makes sense. I think most people understand this at a deeper level.

Yes, they're gimmicky, because

Good read. I can't contribute to the thread beyond that, as I'm not well-versed in statistical studies, but it certainly sheded some light into complexity of intelligence studies.

high IQs should pay more taxes. Fuck em! they are the Chads of STEM money Maxxing. I FUCKING hate them!