Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How in just a decade (in the internets) atheism has been replaced by trad christianity as the "cool" religion?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember in the early 2010s all the internet dwellers said they were atheist because it was the edgy and cool thing back then. Saying god isn't real because too much misery in the world and life being unfair, and how science ( :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: ) has made religion obsolete. Sharing wall of text memes mocking religion or proving god is not real or saying "bearded sky daddy" unironically.

And now in the 2020s seems that all the terminally online folk have switched to being trad christians, mostly catholic but also some orthodox. Spamming the typical trad quotes like "Christ is king" or "Deus vult", sharing Yes Chad/Gigachad memes always with the same theme (my religion good your religion cringe) or talking about reading the bible, latin mass or praying the rosary 5 times a day like our grannies did. Which makes it all feel like a huge LARP btw.

It's an interesting phenomena maybe an anthropologist or sociologist should do research on it.

I remember in the early 2010s all the internet dwellers said they were atheist because it was the edgy and cool thing back then. Saying god isn't real because too much misery in the world and life being unfair, and how science ( :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: ) has made religion obsolete. Sharing wall of text memes mocking religion or proving god is not real or saying "bearded sky daddy" unironically.

And now in the 2020s seems that all the terminally online folk have switched to being trad christians, mostly catholic but also some orthodox. Spamming the typical trad quotes like "Christ is king" or "Deus vult", sharing Yes Chad/Gigachad memes always with the same theme (my religion good your religion cringe) or talking about reading the bible, latin mass or praying the rosary 5 times a day like our grannies did. Which makes it all feel like a huge LARP btw.

It's an interesting phenomena maybe an anthropologist or sociologist should do research on it.

I feel like incels-in-denial can't cope with the nihilism and hedonism that the secular west has brought upon them, with chads taking all their women. They want to rebel against the system like what the reddit atheists did with their boomer parents back in the 2010s.

The death of New Atheism has been interesting to watch, and it is attributable to two main reasons.

Firstly, New Atheism was a counter-cultural movement and Christian conservatives no longer dominate. In fact, the ones standing up to current irrevent, left of center globalist ideology are Christian conservatives. Many New Atheists have either softened their stance against Christianity or have actually converted!

Secondly, much of the reasoning behind New Atheism is taboo or “debunked” nowadays. Pretty much all of the prominent Atheists when I was growing up are getting cancelled, or being cancelled posthumously :feelshaha:. Being white and talking about evolution and genetics is a good way to lose your job. Non-white Atheists tend to be left of center and are triggered by such thoughts so they reject them too.

For the past few centuries, the West has been going through bouts of irreligion followed by a conservative reaction. I think we are in the conservative reaction part.

bc atheism is a hypocritical faith

Both atheism and christianity are bad for the West.

Because most people are fickle retards. There's a phenomenon where a lot of people will just buck the trend for the sake of bucking the trend and don't overly care about the reality of values. Atheism got big because it bucked the trend of Christianity, then Catholicism got big because it bucked the mainstream trend of atheism and for Americans protestantism as well. Once that gets big enough that'll get bucked as well. The average person is just a brain dead retard with no real values beyond being a contrarian to feel special.

Because most people are fickle retards. There's a phenomenon where a lot of people will just buck the trend for the sake of bucking the trend and don't overly care about the reality of values. Atheism got big because it bucked the trend of Christianity, then Catholicism got big because it bucked the mainstream trend of atheism and for Americans protestantism as well. Once that gets big enough that'll get bucked as well. The average person is just a brain dead retard with no real values beyond being a contrarian to feel special.
All Reddit is are a bunch of wannabe Christopher Hitchens’s without the wit or intelligence.

It just depends on who's the most obnoxious and vocal at the time. Most people online back in the 2010s were religious, and pseudo-intellectuals wanted to be "different from the rest of the sheep :soy:" so badly that they ended up abandoning their own beliefs to compensate for their unspecialness. Now that the roles are flipped, these same people want to go back to Catholicism in order to stand out since their shitty little bubble became mainstream. In another 10 years these retards are gonna deconvert and continue to be annoying as shit but in a different way

All Reddit is are a bunch of wannabe Christopher Hitchens’s without the wit or intelligence.
I've found even there a lot of that stuff has died off, and certainly isn't as pronounced as it was back in the 2010's. Also the fact that reddit is far past its prime of being the centre of the internet now. All the big platforms seem to be filled with catholicism shills these days.

Atheism is the religion of soys, faggots and eurocucks.

I've found even there a lot of that stuff has died off, and certainly isn't as pronounced as it was back in the 2010's. Also the fact that reddit is far past its prime of being the centre of the internet now. All the big platforms seem to be filled with catholicism shills these days.
Anything that opposes the left/SJW’s is a good thing though if Christianity is actually true the Catholics are fucked as Roman Catholicism is simply pagan idolatry and Mary worship as well necromancy of praying to dead Saints and their statues disguised as Christianity.

Jesus is the only way to the father as per John 14:6.

Anyway sorry for getting off on a religious rant here but Catholics are every bit as ridiculous as a fag in a dress and high heels claiming that it’s a Christian preacher and that the Bible accepts LGBTQ faggotry when in reality it’s condemned all throughout. :feelskek:

The complete affirmation and the complete denial of something that we cant prove have the same intuitive modulus
but atheists thinks they are superior to religious people
Oh I see, personality if you asked me I would say I'm agnostic, any other answer is feasible as incorrect.

Screenshot 20240513 003648

Because most atheists are libtard retards who are fun to mock.

This ^
I would add what others have already said, at that time atheism was countercultural thanks to the fact that Christian conservatives were the ones who had the power, now that the progressive cucks have taken it, the countercultural thing is to be traditional.

They dont actually seems to believe in it though. It's just an aesthetic they larp with

new atheists were mainly in the 00s and it’s because they were mostly old neckbeard redditors and 12 year olds who thought being atheist was cool online

It's better then worshiping some dead Jew and coping with it. "Trust me bro he's going to fix everything eventually bro don't take matters u to your own hands bro that's evil"

I have one theory that maybe it's a bit crazy. They played many fantasy videogames and watched many fantasy movies and anime, and their favorite class in that media is the mage/priest class. Combine this with being right wing and tired of woke stuff so getting obsessed with anti woke things. The whole trad catholic/orthodox aesthetic allows them to larp as those characters they love so much (read a sacred book, pray, ask god for success in life, etc.) :feelskek:

It's better then worshiping some dead Jew and coping with it. "Trust me bro he's going to fix everything eventually bro don't take matters u to your own hands bro that's evil"
No, atheism is worse.

First I am not suggesting joining a Christian church. That is the most cucked thing you can do, especially considering most churches have been appropriated by the atheistic woke forces they were once in opposition to.

So why is atheism worse? Because it still follows the false morality of Christianity. It is Christianity with Christ stripped away. Atheism worships the god of equality. And instead of all being equal before God, adherents of Atheism believe that we are all born equal in this world, and where we are not equal, forcefully making things equal is considered a "good". And so the mountaintops of humanity are leveled and the valleys of subhumanity are filled in, and incels are crushed between both as the sacrificial scapegoat.

So why is atheism worse? Because it still follows the false morality of Christianity. It is Christianity with Christ stripped away. Atheism worships the god of equality. And instead of all being equal before God, adherents of Atheism believe that we are all born equal in this world, and where we are not equal, forcefully making things equal is considered a "good".
lmfao what. im an atheist and i certainly do not believe this. i think your talking about leftist atheist. and ya i agree that those people are shitty.

lmfao what. im an atheist and i certainly do not believe this. i think your talking about leftist atheist. and ya i agree that those people are shitty.
Okay. Noted.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back