Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do I end procrastination?

anonymous106

anonymous106

am i the only one who thinks things seem strange
★★★★
I keep procrastinating, I keep telling myself that I'm going to do something and in the end I end up distracting myself with some shit hobby

and I can never study or read a book I like, how can I end this?

I can't take it anymore, I swear I want to change.

Last edited:
I’ve been struggling with this years. The truth is us severe adhd having faggots can’t. Nothing I do can prevent my procrastination. I’ll always be destined to do mediocre or shit in anything academic. It’s over :cryfeels:

I tend to procrastinate as well; I guess it's one of our only sources for instant gratification, considering the daily positive reinforcement both foids and HTNs and above get which might make them more likely to delay gratification for just that one paper/report... :feelsUgh:

Usually I'll just end up delaying whatever I need to do another day, but if it's something truly urgent, you should be reminding yourself of that urgency and the eventual goals you would want to achieve by finishing whatever task you're procrastinating on; wealthmaxxing or careermaxxing, as an example. :smonk:

I don't know. I usually wind up waiting until the deadline pressure hits critical mass, and then I go into full cram mode. Clearly, not an effective way of handling it, but if I knew of an effective way to deal with procrastination, I'd probably be using it. Or procrastinating on implementing it into my life, either way. :feelsjuice:

Go VR and be productive there.

Cut social media and this being included. Social media and any modern media is made to distract you. They are researched to use super stimulus to keep you hooked.

It is the difference between eating chips ever now and then and completely cutting out junk food.

Procrastinating rn :smonk:

I keep procrastinating, I keep telling myself that I'm going to do something and in the end I end up distracting myself with some shit hobby

and I can never study or read a book I like, how can I end this?

I can't take it anymore, I swear I want to change.
discipline

Ritalin and SSRIs