Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How did you view incel and incel-like guys when you were younger?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I remember when I was like 16/17 I used to see guys who were... surrounded by technology and cigarettes, lol

Like, at the local computer store or on TV or whatever. The kind of guys who didn't have a family, didn't have kids quite likely, and lived... kind of a NEET existence I guess. In a way I saw them as kind of cool but it's hard for me to put my finger on why. My life was pretty active at the time.

I guess they look very "free". At that age I had fairly little freedom. And they look like they're doing something vaguely important, lol.

I guess it's mostly the freedom and the adult stuff they have ready access too such as cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, etc etc.

But as someone who's kind of done all that now I realise that it's usually kind of directionless and stagnant. And life is quite short so you need to be moving somewhere really.

Easier said than done though, tbh.

If it makes you feel any better, most normies live exactly like that. They just have families so it seems like they are progressing.

I thought they were simply not interested in foids

i just kinda saw them as normal. like that was the standard for being a grown-up

I remember when I was like 16/17 I used to see guys who were... surrounded by technology and cigarettes, lol

Like, at the local computer store or on TV or whatever. The kind of guys who didn't have a family, didn't have kids quite likely, and lived... kind of a NEET existence I guess. In a way I saw them as kind of cool but it's hard for me to put my finger on why. My life was pretty active at the time.

I guess they look very "free". At that age I had fairly little freedom. And they look like they're doing something vaguely important, lol.

I guess it's mostly the freedom and the adult stuff they have ready access too such as cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, etc etc.

But as someone who's kind of done all that now I realise that it's usually kind of directionless and stagnant. And life is quite short so you need to be moving somewhere really.

Easier said than done though, tbh.
I always knew Elliot Rodger was a good guy and he was innocent and I liked him cuz I find him very very relatable

I knew I would be single forever in the first grade, when a girl wouldn't play with blocks with me, so incel men were relatable since forever

I thought they were simply not interested in foids

That's a good observation I think.

It's so easy to see men who live alone and stuff as if that is their preferred way to live, but 99% of the time they're just struggling to find a partner because of men often having very low SMV.

Society seems to view it as a life choice too, as opposed to a situation they've been forced into.

I thought pretty much the same way as you see Cucktears talk about us. I think the first "Incel" character I saw was Moe Syslak from the Simpsons. I thought I wouldn't end up like him, because I "had a good personality".

I always felt like a loser. I was on wizchan at 15

I thought pretty much the same way as you see Cucktears talk about us. I think the first "Incel" character I saw was Moe Syslak from the Simpsons. I thought I wouldn't end up like him, because I "had a good personality".

Yeah for some reason I didn't think I'd end up like that either. I thought ofc I'll be like Homer with the big house and a wife and kids!

It's odd how optimistic it's easy to be when you're younger.

Yeah for some reason I didn't think I'd end up like that either. I thought ofc I'll be like Homer with the big house and a wife and kids!

It's odd how optimistic it's easy to be when you're younger.
My parents tell me to be optimistic again. I don't know if she's genuine, or if it's some plot to keep me under her control.

When you realise a lot of users in this forum are between 15-17:feelskek::feelskek:

My parents tell me to be optimistic again. I don't know if she's genuine, or if it's some plot to keep me under her control.

Oh do you think she/they like controlling you?

My parents are quite controlling and I often wonder if they genuinely want me to be independent and successful.

Oh do you think she/they like controlling you?

My parents are quite controlling and I often wonder if they genuinely want me to be independent and successful.
I mean, she could like controlling me, because my dad is going to retire soon with his arthritis; and I am just as strong if not stronger than him.

I mean, she could like controlling me, because my dad is going to retire soon with his arthritis; and I am just as strong if not stronger than him.

Maybe she just likes the idea of being in control of a man who is strong.

It's hard to say as I do not know her or anything about her.

I do think that's a fairly common trait for women though mainly because they usually can't do much on their own.

Maybe she just likes the idea of being in control of a man who is strong.

It's hard to say as I do not know her or anything about her.

I do think that's a fairly common trait for women though mainly because they usually can't do much on their own.
I don't know if this has any relevance, but my mom was a single mom before she married my dad, and then had me after a few years of marriage.

I don't know if this has any relevance, but my mom was a single mom before she married my dad, and then had me after a few years of marriage.

I don't know really. I just think the things I said are fairly common traits among women.

My mum was quite controlling too and it was pretty overwhelming. It's important to get your own space but to be honest I'm not sure I will ever fully get over how controlling my parents were because you need more room than that to grow into an adult. I feel like during my upbringing I learned how to be a child more than I learned how to be an adult, if that makes sense.

I don't know really. I just think the things I said are fairly common traits among women.

My mum was quite controlling too and it was pretty overwhelming. It's important to get your own space but to be honest I'm not sure I will ever fully get over how controlling my parents were because you need more room than that to grow into an adult. I feel like during my upbringing I learned how to be a child more than I learned how to be an adult, if that makes sense.
Getting my own place in this soyciety?

Getting my own place in this soyciety?

Well, "space". Place maybe but I wouldn't really phrase it in that way because personally I prefer shared accommodation and that's not really your own place.

Way, WAY cheaper though!

Well, "space". Place maybe but I wouldn't really phrase it in that way because personally I prefer shared accommodation and that's not really your own place.

Way, WAY cheaper though!
I just can't afford to live anywhere that isn't free on minimum wage.

I just can't afford to live anywhere that isn't free on minimum wage.

Wow is minimum wage really that low where you are? I know it varies a lot.

Maybe train in something then I guess. Or move to a different area!

Is about $9.30 an hour low? That's my state's current minimum wage. I was talking more about how (((they))) fucked up everything so bad that I'd never be able to afford my own place unless I had money like my dad (He makes enough to be considered upper middle class, according to him), and it seems like the only way that'll happen is if they die and I get a decent inheritance.:cryfeels:

Is about $9.30 an hour low? That's my state's current minimum wage. I was talking more about how (((they))) fucked up everything so bad that I'd never be able to afford my own place unless I had money like my dad (He makes enough to be considered upper middle class, according to him), and it seems like the only way that'll happen is if they die and I get a decent inheritance.:cryfeels:

Fairly yeah.

I mean, here in the UK minimum wage is about £10 but I think you typically get more in areas where accommodation is more expensive.

For example living in Cardiff is probably like a third of the cost of living in London and living in Manchester is about half of the cost of Cardiff!

Hm. And I bet some areas are comfortably half of Manchester prices.

So it varies a lot. And then if you combine that with how much more affordable shares are, eventually it can get pretty cheap. My area isn't especially cheap but it's easy to live here on minimum wage at least in a share.

Fairly yeah.

I mean, here in the UK minimum wage is about £10 but I think you typically get more in areas where accommodation is more expensive.

For example living in Cardiff is probably like a third of the cost of living in London and living in Manchester is about half of the cost of Cardiff!

Hm. And I bet some areas are comfortably half of Manchester prices.

So it varies a lot. And then if you combine that with how much more affordable shares are, eventually it can get pretty cheap. My area isn't especially cheap but it's easy to live here on minimum wage at least in a share.
I just looked at the average price for an apartment near my hometown, and it said the average price was $616 per month. Then, I calculated the gross amount you'd make in a month working minimum wage 40 hours a week, and it came out to... 1488. :feelshaha:

I just looked at the average price for an apartment near my hometown, and it said the average price was $616 per month. Then, I calculated the gross amount you'd make in a month working minimum wage 40 hours a week, and it came out to... 1488. :feelshaha:

haha nice XD

But yeah erm, that's not super bad and in a share you'd probably get a room and all bills for like $500 then o.O

haha nice XD

But yeah erm, that's not super bad and in a share you'd probably get a room and all bills for like $500 then o.O
But, I don't work 40 hours a week.

I viewed them as subhuman in an attempt to distance myself from them as a cope, but deep down always felt bad for them :blackpill:

I can't remember tbh
I surely had heard of incels once or twice before I got blackpilled but I can't remember what I thought of them, I think I just didn't care

But, I don't work 40 hours a week.

Yeah that's a lot of hours.

In a share though it's way cheaper than your own place so surely you could afford that.

Not saying it's necessarily best for you to move out, but just as a bit of problem-solving I do think it's possible at least.

Introducing...Joshua Moon, the creator of Kiwi Farms! Yay!

Joshua

Joshua1

Joshua2

Joshua4

"women are more likely to have a best friend and less likely to have no friends"

My half-cousin referred to me as "Best Friend" once. Of-course, we actually barely spoke at all.

Wasn’t even aware of incels, didn’t know the world would be so unfair until I grew up

Wasn’t even aware of incels, didn’t know the world would be so unfair until I grew up

Yeah I thought it would be kinda great! Nice job, plenty of women around, etc!

I mean, to be fair I don't hate this kind of NEET life. But I'd really like to have a couple of kids at least.