Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

High iq cels help me to understand

failednormie_

failednormie_

Guns and beers
-
How are we genetically modifying trees to grow at a faster rate? When I was younger I was taught each band on a trees log was one year old, we have obviously used all the old grown lumber. But lumber from 2000s and on has less bands so it is younger. But somehow grows to the same size if not larger than old grown lumber does?

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3lmGzzJ1TE/?igsh=b2xteTFxcnJzcnNy

its the same amount of rings actually, every year, one ring, that hasnt changed

the difference is that theres a lot more vascular tissue created per cycle (year) for newly engineered plants which makes each new ring a lot thicker making the trees grow faster and have more mass

its the same amount of rings actually, every year, one ring, that hasnt changed

the difference is that theres a lot more vascular tissue created per cycle (year) for newly engineered plants which makes each new ring a lot thicker making the trees grow faster and have more mass
So the modified Saplings are causing the appearance of the Bands to look larger?

But also they do grow faster than old trees did right?

So the modified Saplings are causing the appearance of the Bands too look larger?

But also they do grow faster than old trees did right?
they grow faster width wise but theres nothing here mentioning height, but i would assume height as well if its truly modified for the sake of size

If it is modified, then yes, those modifications would cause the rings to be bigger because of the increased vascular tissue. Each year theres going to be 5-6 times the amount of growth to the girth of the tree compared to an unengineered tree according to this picture.

thus i would say with certainty that the with grows faster, as each ring is one year and the engineered tree has a lot more separation (more volume) between each ring, the growth rate girthwise is thus much much larger

they grow faster width wise but theres nothing here mentioning height, but i would assume height as well if its truly modified for the sake of size

If it is modified, then yes, those modifications would cause the rings to be bigger because of the increased vascular tissue. Each year theres going to be 5-6 times the amount of growth to the girth of the tree compared to an unengineered tree according to this picture.

thus i would say with certainty that the with grows faster, as each ring is one year and the engineered tree has a lot more separation (more volume) between each ring, the growth rate girthwise is thus much much larger
Ok I appreciate that, interesting cause there isn’t much on this online

Ok I appreciate that, interesting cause there isn’t much on this online
i learned the idea in biology class

you should study physics, it will make you know a lot more and that knowledge makes coping much easier

Idk how trees work its over

are we genetically modifying trees to grow at a faster rate?
Tree in a plantation grows faster because of better soil, watering, nutrients, less pests, more space, etc.

Also, faster growing trees are selected.