Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Help about mechanical keyboards in Transformice.

I

InternetUser

Recruit
★★★
Hello, I wanted help about mechanical keyboards. Since I have never had one, I have been thinking about buying one, but the truth is that with so many different types of switches i don't know which switch is indicated for the game that i want to use it in; basically it requires great precision and speed this game, leaving a very low margin of error If, for example, you hold down the key with which you move a tenth of a second more than you should, you already lost the match.

Basically this game:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GnZyjX5vY

Oh btw dislike this video cuz those players are dirty cheaters ngl i just used that video as example.

Never had one, theyre too expensive

They’re overrated in my opinion. I never found a Cherry MX switch I actually liked. What you really want is something that uses a hybrid design like Topre (modern and very expensive) or dome with slider (from the 1990s). They’re sturdy and tactile like a mechanical switch but they have some cushioning at the end of the keystroke like a dome.

Last edited:
I had no idea there were pro teams for transformice

Help me, idk which mechanical keyboard to use in that game.
Back when I cared about it, there were three main switch groups: red, blue and brown

Red is very light to press (so you could press it faster than others), but it has little to no tactile feedback (so it's hard to tell when you've pressed it or how far down the key is), it's also moderately loud

Blue has a lot of tactile feedback, it's the opposite of red in this regard, but it's very loud

Brown is a mix of both, it's decent feedback and it's not as loud as blue

From what I can tell, modern switches are variations on these three. Usually in keyboard reviews you can find notes about which one of the "classical" switch it resembles the most. For the more popular models there usually are reddit threads where people compare them to other keyboards and switches

I myself have used a Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth with brown switches up until 2020 when I switched to a Logitech G613. The Blackwidow was good, although it can feel a little "muddy" compared to blue switches. The G613 is worse

So, if you need raw speed and nothing else, you should go for red switches, if you want tactile feedback, you go blue (if you have a soundproof room or live alone), otherwise you go brown

If you can't get these switches, go for their modern analogs

But I should mention that out of all competitive games I've watched and played, I've always noticed that the very top players generally don't care what to play with—they'd dumpster anyone else with a $20 keyboard from Target and a $10 steel ball mouse from 2001. When you really want to get good, getting better peripherals should be at the end of the list you try, because the impact is not nearly as big as you expect

i used to have a gf on this game

Back when I cared about it, there were three main switch groups: red, blue and brown

Red is very light to press (so you could press it faster than others), but it has little to no tactile feedback (so it's hard to tell when you've pressed it or how far down the key is), it's also moderately loud

Blue has a lot of tactile feedback, it's the opposite of red in this regard, but it's very loud

Brown is a mix of both, it's decent feedback and it's not as loud as blue

From what I can tell, modern switches are variations on these three. Usually in keyboard reviews you can find notes about which one of the "classical" switch it resembles the most. For the more popular models there usually are reddit threads where people compare them to other keyboards and switches

I myself have used a Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth with brown switches up until 2020 when I switched to a Logitech G613. The Blackwidow was good, although it can feel a little "muddy" compared to blue switches. The G613 is worse

So, if you need raw speed and nothing else, you should go for red switches, if you want tactile feedback, you go blue (if you have a soundproof room or live alone), otherwise you go brown

If you can't get these switches, go for their modern analogs

But I should mention that out of all competitive games I've watched and played, I've always noticed that the very top players generally don't care what to play with—they'd dumpster anyone else with a $20 keyboard from Target and a $10 steel ball mouse from 2001. When you really want to get good, getting better peripherals should be at the end of the list you try, because the impact is not nearly as big as you expect
I know, but I said it more than anything because the rubber membranes of the keyboard wear out very quickly and later you can't get a high precision like before.
i used to have a gf on this game
Alot of JB girls in there ngl.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back