Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Headphonecels/audiocels what headphones do you use?

I

_incelinside

☆☆☆☆☆
★★★★★
Just pulled the trigger on some brand new audio technica msr7's to replace my 2 year old worn dark green m50x. Now I don't have to look like a mentalcel wearing big studio headphones all the time
Excited as fuck
Demo'd the msr7's and i appreciated the higher detail retrieval and better mids compared to the m50xs

What headphones are in your collection, and which ones are your favorites?

Apple EarPods.
What activities are you even doing, that you need to wear brand name headphones?

Sony MDR-Z7
Burmester sound system on my daily commute

Apple EarPods.
What activities are you even doing, that you need to wear brand name headphones?
If you listen to music a lot it makes a hell of a difference. You can hear the seperation of on the instruments and details like the singers breath. The apple earpods sound like mud in comparison

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm

Nice. Do you use an amp?
Nah, hence why I bought the 80 Ohm version and not the 250 Ohm variant. I very would could later though but money's tight right now unfortunately.

If you listen to music a lot it makes a hell of a difference. You can hear the seperation of on the instruments and details like the singers breath. The apple earpods sound like mud in comparison
Hmm. Will give it a try.

Can wireless headphones give off the same level of performance?

Hmm. Will give it a try.

Can wireless headphones give off the same level of performance?
As long as you get a good audiophile brand. Wired is better though

Skullcandy
Skullcandy-Ink-d-2.0-MICD-Black-%26-Red-Earbuds-_290139.jpg

Relatively cheap, and has great bass. Don't like the over-ear kind

JVC XXplosives earbuds - THE GOAT HEADPHONES EVER MADE - don't buy off ebay - they are all fakes though

Can you guys recommend me a pair of wireless headphones

Why is wired usually better?
Wired is better than bluetooth usually cause the signal doesn't need to be compressed when sent to your headphone. More of the audio quality is preserved

Can you guys recommend me a pair of wireless headphones
what's your budget?
If you can stretch it I would recommend a good quality pair of Sony or Sennheissers.

ATH M50X with a $24 USB DAC/AMP that works just as well as $200 ones (onboard audio not powerful enough to drive these headphones)

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86
https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DAC63094-Headphone-Amplifier-Packaging/dp/B00KGK5I38

Wired is better than bluetooth usually cause the signal doesn't need to be compressed when sent to your headphone. More of the audio quality is preserved
Also latency.

audio technica ath-m50x
Good money to quality ratio

IPhone headphones

If you're actually mixing, the high-end ones have waaaay too much low-end, so you get a bad sense of product.

Honestly, for listening on the go I use those white 20USD Sony phones, for any studio work I use these. They still have a lot of low, but I try to ignore it.

A1PC_1_20130117104890374.jpg

the most popular $8 ones on amazon

If you're actually mixing, the high-end ones have waaaay too much low-end, so you get a bad sense of product.

Honestly, for listening on the go I use those white 20USD Sony phones, for any studio work I use these. They still have a lot of low, but I try to ignore it.

A1PC_1_20130117104890374.jpg

MDR v55's nice. I used to have those before my m50x

MDR v55's nice. I used to have those before my m50x
Yeah, I dig em, but they exposed some flaws in some of my shittier mp3's.

My dad used to have some baller Sennheiser phones. I'd call those the gold standard.