Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have any of you guys lost weight? How did you lose it?

StoicNihilist

StoicNihilist

"You'll do this again, time is a flat circle..."
-
I gained probably 40 pounds over the past 2 years and I'm trying to lose it. Its suicide fuel to walk around and feel my fat jiggle, and to see old aquinteances look at me with shock as to why I've let myself go and got so fat. I used to be in great shape in high school and although my face is asymmetrical and ugly, having a fit and lean body was a good cope and looksmaxx.

So how did you guys find the motivation to lose it? I'm trying desperately but these shitty fucking eating habits are so hard to kick. It's almost like I'm addicted to junk food and drinking beer now. Pizza, taco bell, McDonald's. Drinking high carb craft beers, and hard liquor. All that bad stuff. I just cant seem to stop.

So how did you guys lose weight? How did you find the motivation? I'd greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks.

I did so much, I used thermogenics, even lipocavitation I tried. I still have enough abdominal fat but I'm no longer a visible obese can I pass through thin or almost.

idk how ppl enjoy eating that much

i get nausea if i eat too much

I used to gymcel but I lost motivation for that too. My body was pretty nice back then but it looks like shit now tbh.

I don’t know how people maintain motivation, i lose it so easily. Maybe I’m just weak willed.

Yea, I find it hard to change eating habits as well. Based off my experience it is easier to just find a challenging exercise program (I chose beachbody's insanity) and follow it and not worry that much about your food intake. When you are exercising you aint eating and you will watch what you eat just to make exercise easier. Just make sure you don't go over a certain amount of calories a day. If you do, no big deal, just eat a little less another day.

Once you get used to the exercise and your body stops craving junk food it'll be easier to follow a proper diet where you are watching your micros and macros.

There really is no motivation, I just forced myself to exercise daily and everything else followed.

idk how ppl enjoy eating that much

i get nausea if i eat too much

I dont actually eat that much daily, It's what I eat that's the problem, junk food is ridiculously calorie dense and will make you fat so damn fast if you eat it regularly.

Heres a good example of what I mean: 2 very large broccoli stalks has the same amount of calories as half of a small muffin.

I went from overweight to healthy weight eating garbage, what happened was I got taller.

I weighed substantially more when I was 12 then I do now at 24, thanks mom...:feelsseriously:
So how did you guys lose weight?
By starving the weight off.
How did you find the motivation?
My weight was one of the things I got bullied over in school, so the motivation was already there since I hated myself(still do tbh). I'd make myself stare at my naked body in the mirror, I even carved the word "fat" into my skin as a reminder.

So much for that though, as I only realized later that no matter whether or not I lost weight, I'd still be ugly. Now I have no motivation to do anything.

Just ate less, I know it might sound silly but that was all I had to do to lose 20kg over course of 1+/ year.

The most I lost was 5 pounds by eating 800 calories

Water fasts and intermediate fasting

No carbs

I just didn't eat and drink a lot of water

try fork put downs, they're very good exercise.

Losing weight is near impossible as an incel because of the lack of happiness and dopamine. Food becomes more and more pleasurable the longer you go without it and incels will have a breaking point.

I used to jog for two hours a day. Weight just falls off of your body if you do cardio.

all you need to do is eating less carbs

Go whole foods plant based! :feelsautistic:
I've never restricted calories and losing weight wasn't even my goal (I tried to get healthier, but I was overweight, so that obviously included losing weight), but I lost 22 kg = 48.5 lbs in like a year. Whole plant foods have very low calorie density and have a lot of fiber, so good luck overeating them.
I think avoiding cravings is mostly about getting into the mentality that food is for nourishment, not fun. Also using a lot of spices helps, because broccoli is bland, but broccoli with chili powder is more interesting. You also don't have to go all in and can have some junk food here and there - for me it's better to concentrate the junk food: instead of eating food with some sugary sauce everyday, I'll skip the sauce and have a bar of chocolate once a week.

try concerta or dextroamphetamine

Cut out beer and hard liquor. You don't need to give up fast food altogether but just take it in moderation.

The motivation should be that you should feel good about yourself when you reach your target weight, knowing you've worked to achieve it. Just remember to do it for yourself, not in the hope that it will help you ascend or anything.

I gained probably 40 pounds over the past 2 years and I'm trying to lose it. Its suicide fuel to walk around and feel my fat jiggle, and to see old aquinteances look at me with shock as to why I've let myself go and got so fat. I used to be in great shape in high school and although my face is asymmetrical and ugly, having a fit and lean body was a good cope and looksmaxx.

So how did you guys find the motivation to lose it? I'm trying desperately but these shitty fucking eating habits are so hard to kick. It's almost like I'm addicted to junk food and drinking beer now. Pizza, taco bell, McDonald's. Drinking high carb craft beers, and hard liquor. All that bad stuff. I just cant seem to stop.

So how did you guys lose weight? How did you find the motivation? I'd greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks.
I lost four stone and didn't even notice. I walked for hours every day. My motivation was cannabis. I was searching the streets for spliff ends so I could smoke them in my pipe. I got thin and stoned. It probably took me a year and a half.

I'm starting my fast.Today is my first day.Wish me luck.

Stick to water, ditch all the other liquids.

honesly just don't ldar and do shit

I used to be fat. There was nothing special I did about motivation, tbh. I just forced myself out of bed to go to the gym, and I counted calories. I stuck to water, no soda (Believe me, you'd be surprised at how much weight you lose when you ditch soda). NGL it sucks counting calories and fighting the urge to tear open a chocolate bar, but you have to just do it. Vegetables are a good filler. If you hate veggies (like I do) find one you like and stick to it.

The only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories than you expend over a given period of time. This can he done with whatever selection of foods and whatever schedule you desire. Just make sure you get about .75g of protein per pound of bodyweight along the way.

6 months ago I was at 120kg, after 4 months I dropped to 109kg, I weighted myself yesterday and was at 105kg. All I did up until now was eat less and smoke more, I still eat junk and drink copious amounts of pepsi. I'm going to start a strict carnivore diet this week and see what's up with that.

Eat below your daily calorie count and exercise. Just type in your information into one of those calorie calculators online.

The easiest way to lose weight is starvation. I have done 6 days without food, and it´s not a problem at all.

The main issue is that you have to find a replacement addiction to not make the dopamine levels crash. Drugs are very potent in this regard. Personally i find oxycontin to be a great hunger suppressant.

I've lost 25 pounds this past year or so. I enjoy grinds, it's part of the reason I play osrs (try it @Ritalincel), so it was pretty easy to find motivation

broccoli is bland, but broccoli with chili powder is more interesting
broccoli is a top tier vegetable tbh, it's just that most people don't know how to cook it right. I cringe every time I see people submerging the flowery part under water:feelsseriously:

I have lost 24 kgs from last year by dieting and gymcelling.

Liposuction. JFL at thinking you will lose stubborn body fat by muh gymcelling! After my lipo I can eat shit and not get that fat.

I've lost 25 pounds this past year or so. I enjoy grinds, it's part of the reason I play osrs (try it @Ritalincel), so it was pretty easy to find motivation
Just drink water bro

I went from overweight to healthy weight eating garbage, what happened was I got taller.
Great. Not going to help the adults here tho is it kid?

broccoli is a top tier vegetable tbh, it's just that most people don't know how to cook it right. I cringe every time I see people submerging the flowery part under water:feelsseriously:
How are you supposed to cook it ?
leg lengthening surgery, dork
My bad bro. Was it successful? How much did it cost and which country?

How are you supposed to cook it ?
Wash the broccoli and remove the leaves. Cut it into smaller tree-like parts that are more or less able to stand upright in a pot (when packed tightly). Also cut some rings of the main stalk even if you don't plan to eat them. Add half tablespoon (~8-10g) of salt per broccoli. Boil some water in a kettle, then pour it slowly all over the broccoli, stop when the water level is about 1cm away from reaching the flowery parts. Cover the pot and put the heat on low (not super low). After ~10 minutes start poking the stalk rings every few minutes with a fork to check if it's cooked right - if it is, it'll slide in and out fairly easily, you'll know. This way the flowers get steamed while the stalk parts get boiled, making the taste and the texture perfect :feelsokman:

Wash the broccoli and remove the leaves. Cut it into smaller tree-like parts that are more or less able to stand upright in a pot (when packed tightly). Also cut some rings of the main stalk even if you don't plan to eat them. Add half tablespoon (~8-10g) of salt per broccoli. Boil some water in a kettle, then pour it slowly all over the broccoli, stop when the water level is about 1cm away from reaching the flowery parts. Cover the pot and put the heat on low (not super low). After ~10 minutes start poking the stalk rings every few minutes with a fork to check if it's cooked right - if it is, it'll slide in and out fairly easily, you'll know. This way the flowers get steamed while the stalk parts get boiled, making the taste and the texture perfect :feelsokman:
Cheers.

Go whole foods plant based! :feelsautistic:
I've never restricted calories and losing weight wasn't even my goal (I tried to get healthier, but I was overweight, so that obviously included losing weight), but I lost 22 kg = 48.5 lbs in like a year. Whole plant foods have very low calorie density and have a lot of fiber, so good luck overeating them.
I think avoiding cravings is mostly about getting into the mentality that food is for nourishment, not fun. Also using a lot of spices helps, because broccoli is bland, but broccoli with chili powder is more interesting. You also don't have to go all in and can have some junk food here and there - for me it's better to concentrate the junk food: instead of eating food with some sugary sauce everyday, I'll skip the sauce and have a bar of chocolate once a week.

That's exactly what I was thinking my dude. Trying a plant based diet with no carbs and little meat. You could eat vegetables to your hearts content all day every day and not gain weight.

Don't fall for the meat is bad narrative. High insulin is literally the mechanism that makes you store fat so it's carbs especially sugars that makes you fat and carbs overwhelmingly come from plants. You can lose weight on a plant based diet but only if you're in a calorie deficit and you will feel unsatisfied by it. You can eat as much fatty meat as you can possibly handle, feel more than satiated and never get fat if that's most of what you eat. I did this a year ago and lost a load of weight. I put it all back on because I sprained my ankle and started eating ice cream again.

At the moment I'm being strict with myself only eating when I'm properly hungry ie never snacking. Mostly eating meat especially beef but with some veg and carbs when I feel like it. Don't know if I'm losing weight but it feels right. Sugary snacks are the worst, they give you high insulin then your blood sugar goes lower than before you ate the snack and makes you hungry and you eat more just repeating the cycle.

Men need protein don't listen to the vegan bs, it's for foids.