Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Has anyone actually tried therapy?

Garbage Life

Garbage Life

Things don't get better
Just wondering if anyone has gone through therapy and actually saw results or whatever. My mom sent me to therapy when I was like 13-ish and it was just some old dude who just wanted to do a fucking puzzle with me while trying to get me to tell him a bunch of personal details. I've looked at a few therapist in my area and it's just boomers telling me definitions and charge $100+ a session. Therapy is just a scam.

I went to therapy when I was in elementary. Didn't help at all.

I was frequently sent to therapist when I was 10-16. I kid you not my most remembered result to me was something like "He went through agony and bullies his whole life. I only see pain inside his pain. No romantic love whatsoever as well. Forgive him if he behaves bad". Those words are told to my parents

There's no therapy for your face...

Its a scam mine never worked

No and I never will. The idea of therapy alone frustrates me, "Tharapists" are just jew trained mongrels who treat your issues in a robotic, almost programmed-like fashion with the end goal of keeping you coming and feeding you pills so ZOG can profit off the pills sold and another wage slaves' labor.

I wanted too but now I am scared that they might just incarcerate me or something if I say something wrong.

My mom made me do one session then stopped because she realized I wasn't going to comply with the therapist, and she was going to be losing a ton of money doing it.

It won't help your facial development.

Therapy is venting but for normies. We can vent here, so this forum can be considered "therapy."

I'm currently going to therapy. Realistically, the "best outcome" for me would be to become a wageslave, at least in the eyes of society. It can't fix my problems, certainly can't fix my face, and I already have decent methods of coping.

No, its just pointless.

I'm not going to spend hundreds per week just to talk to some normie who doesn't understand my struggles

I was forced to by my parents in my teens.

Nothing came of it and I eventually stopped going.

I did three times. The first two merely didn't help and the last one actually made things worse.

no and i never will man it is pure scam

Yes and it helped. Of course I didn't find a girlfriend but I was able to finish college and get paid a decent amount of money cause of it. I probably would've gone into full LDAR mode and would still be living with my parents if it wasn't for therapy.

Then again I am not so far gone as to think that "wageslaving" is nothing more than a life draining activity as it seems to be the case with other people here. I was willing to work with my therapists.

No man, and I never will. They will only try to turn you back to the bluepill again.

Its basically paying to have a "friend" who will listen to you. Except he doesnt care about you at all and does it purely for money.

idk but i dont think it works

mom used to force be and it did no good and i begged to not go anymore because it was the biggest scam ever

Yes many times. It's complete bullshit.

Yeah I go to therapy.

Doesnt help but at least they have to listen to me.

Yes.

NEVER GO TO THERAPY

I've been forced to by my school twice and it's a big meme for normalfags with petty fixable problems

I used to go to a psychologist, she diagnosed me with schizoid personality disorder, but didn't really offer any therapy options - she just gave me personality quizzes and bluepilled advice while milking my parents' money for like 3/4 months. I also used to go to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with generalised anxiety disorder (he didn't ask much questions before giving me the diagnosis, so I'm not sure if it's correct), but refused to give me any anxiety meds (I mean benzodiazepines, opioids or even beta-blockers), because he thought I'd get addicted (jokes on him, I got addicted to amphetamine not much later) - all I got were SSRIs. I cycled though different SSRIs for about 1.5 year before quitting treatment - the drugs didn't do anything to me, not even side effects, I could've been taking sugar pills, no difference.

no. my parents are against it

Therapy is not double blind tested, populations not in therapy see remission of symptoms at the same rate as those in therapy, and experienced therapists do not outperform inexperienced therapists in patient results.

It's political nonsense.

Therapy is just a scam.
You answered your own question boyo.
Also, the therapy industry is in the pockets of the Zionist elites, don't trust anyone like that.

I’ve tried for six years and it had no effect.

Yes,It gave me the push I needed to develop social skills.

Just wondering if anyone has gone through therapy and actually saw results or whatever. My mom sent me to therapy when I was like 13-ish and it was just some old dude who just wanted to do a fucking puzzle with me while trying to get me to tell him a bunch of personal details. I've looked at a few therapist in my area and it's just boomers telling me definitions and charge $100+ a session. Therapy is just a scam.
Ye I was in CBT for social anxiety for about 6 months a few years ago. It quit it because it didn't really do anything for me, it was some old roastie who forced me to buy a book and then each session we would go through each chapter of the book. The whole thing could basically be summed up as "try doing thing that scares you, start with easier things and then do harder stuffs", I don't think you would need to have gone through all those years at psychology school to just refer to book chapters idk. It may have helped you more if you had a lot of friends/partner to help you out but I was a loner without any social life so it was hard to start anywhere and keep doing that stuff.

I was frequently sent to therapist when I was 10-16. I kid you not my most remembered result to me was something like "He went through agony and bullies his whole life. I only see pain inside his pain. No romantic love whatsoever as well. Forgive him if he behaves bad". Those words are told to my parents
Jeez. At least he was sympathetic I guess. They're mostly clueless.