Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel The First Amendment: A foid killed herself after watching 13 Reasons Why. A federal judge granted Netflix's motion to dismiss her parents' lawsuit.

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
Best news I have heard this week.

View: https://twitter.com/PPE_cel/status/1482310536117297154

This Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers granted Netflix's motion to dismiss a class action lawsuit filed by John Herndon, the father of a dead teenage foid. Alleging failure to adequately warn, wrongful death, and negligence, the Herndon family alleged that Netflix was responsible for his daughter's death, because she had killed herself after watching Thirteen Reasons Why. You can read the full ruling here.

For those who are out of the loop, Thirteen Reasons Why was a TV series popular a few years ago whose fictional storyline focused on the rape and suicide of a high school foid.

The Herndon family's attorneys tried to avoid First Amendment scrutiny by claiming that their lawsuit was focused not on the content of the show itself, but on Netflix's recommendation algorithms. But the judge didn't buy that argument, noting that the content of the show was inextricably tied to the nature of the suit:

Plaintiffs’ efforts to oppose the anti-SLAPP motion on the grounds that the complaint does not concern the content or dissemination of the show do not persuade and are inconsistent with the allegations. See, e.g., Doe, 730 F.3d at 955 (“But for the broadcast and Defendants’ actions in connection with that broadcast, Plaintiff would have no reason to sue Defendants.”); Bill v. Superior Court, 137 Cal. App. 3d 1002, 1007 (1982) (rejecting the plaintiff’s argument that the failure to warn claim did not concern the content of the film on the basis that the showing of the movie “tended to attract violence-prone persons to the vicinity of the theater, [] precisely because of the film’s content, and for no other reason”).

Here are the most important takeaways:
  • Discussion of suicide and youth sexual abuse, regardless as to whether the manner of discussion is responsible or irresponsible, is protected by the First Amendment. (As incels noted in our letter to the U.S. Attorney General)
    • Accordingly, the federal judiciary is extremely reluctant (an understatement) to expose such speech to civil or criminal liability, because doing so could create a chilling effect on future speech.
  • The Herndon family thought that the epistemic privilege of a dead teenage foid could somehow persuade the federal judiciary to disregard the First Amendment. It didn't work.
    • It was selfish of them to think that Netflix should otherwise censor or tailor their content (i.e. their First Amendment-protected expressive conduct) just to cater to parents who are terrible at parenting.
  • Since the suit was dismissed under the anti-SLAPP provisions of California state law, the dead foid's family will be responsible for Netflix's legal fees. :feelskek:
Based laws, based judge.

Last edited:
Based and constitutionpilled :lul:

Based and constitutionpilled :lul:
ZomboMeme 15012022123750

imagine failin at

People should take responsibility. The suicide is the fault of the girl and the ones who raised her. Parents in those cases tend to blame others to release themselves from responsibility,
I know a terrible case, when a guy separated from his wife, she left to her parents, did something insane (a violent psychotic attack), and the parents instead of taking her to a psychiatrist sat on their hands few days, until she committed suicide. And now they blame the husband.

People should take responsibility. The suicide is the fault of the girl and the ones who raised her. Parents in those cases tend to blame others to release themselves from responsibility,
I know a terrible case, when a guy separated from his wife, she left to her parents, did something insane (a violent psychotic attack), and the parents instead of taking her to a psychiatrist sat on their hands few days, until she committed suicide. And now they blame the husband.
Man, I just don't understand normies.

Yeah for real, but I dont expect much from people who think depression is caused by phones

Imagine living on easy mode and yet commit suicide jfl i hate foids

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HOW DARE THEY KILL LE QWEEEN

What's wrong with zoomer foids?

Netflix is pozzed trash anyway, how is them winning a good thing?

I do love the constitution

Because

1) Upholding the First Amendment is always a good thing. "Edgy" expression (they filmed a suicide and a rape scene, lol) is not categorically less entitled to other expressive content. Communities like ours would not survive without the broad protections that the First Amendment offers.

2) The foid's family will have to suffer because they'll have to foot Netflix's legal bills. And since it's a globohomo corporation I'm betting their lawyers are expensive. Big Law partners can bill upwards of $1,500 an hour. The total fee will probably be equivalent to, like, six seconds' worth of Netflix's annual revenue but it's probably several months' salary for a middle-class American family.

3) Anti-SLAPP laws deter individuals from filing frivolous lawsuits against people who engage in protected speech activity. People including us.

Because

1) Upholding the First Amendment is always a good thing. "Edgy" expression (they filmed a suicide and a rape scene, lol) is not categorically less entitled to other expressive content. Communities like ours would not survive without the broad protections that the First Amendment offers.

2) The foid's family will have to suffer because they'll have to foot Netflix's legal bills. And since it's a globohomo corporation I'm betting their lawyers are expensive. Big Law partners can bill upwards of $1,500 an hour. The total fee will probably be equivalent to, like, six seconds' worth of Netflix's annual revenue but it's probably several months' salary for a middle-class American family.

3) Anti-SLAPP laws deter individuals from filing frivolous lawsuits against people who engage in protected speech activity. People including us.
Just lol @ thinking this is a victory for free expression. This website can go down any day as soon as the State feels like removing it from the internet. This is not an huge corporation. This case is completely irrelevant, and Netflix is a pozzed company like all the others and therefore our natural enemy. Just because some whore killed herself that does not mean that whoever her family is suing should be praised.

Just lol @ thinking this is a victory for free expression. This website can go down any day as soon as the State feels like removing it from the internet. This is not an huge corporation. This case is completely irrelevant, and Netflix is a pozzed company like all the others and therefore our natural enemy. Just because some whore killed herself that does not mean that whoever her family is suing should be praised.
:feelskek:

She should've live streamed it.

Imagine killing itself after some tv show :feelskek:

I remember wanting to watch that a few years ag owhen I had a netflix

I’m about to follow your based Twitter account

Why did she kill herself? Was she raped or just mentally retarded?

Last edited:
Why did she kill herself? Was she raped or just mentally retarded?
im guessing chad dumped her for stacy or something

whatever it is it's trivial

What's 13 reasons why, and why do I see it everywhere. Should be 13 reasons why I should rule the world:feelsLSD:

What's 13 reasons why, and why do I see it everywhere. Should be 13 reasons why I should rule the world:feelsLSD:
it's a cuckflix show that was good season 1 and then went significantly downhill

maybe I should watch that. then roping might feel easier :feelsmage:

Jfl Killing yourself BC of a movie

Just Dont watxh Shit If you cant memtally handle it

Maybe the series was so cringe she cringed to death. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

But seriously… That’s pretty fucking retarded. I’m hoping there was a deeper underlying cause, otherwise… yeah…:feelsseriously:

Imagine living on easy mode and yet commit suicide jfl i hate foids
ikr literally just spread your legs and you'll be rich in 1 day lol tutorial mode is an understatement

Imagine killing yourself over a TV show

Exactly this. Netflix is nwo crap, promotes homosexuality, cuckoldry, interracial stuff and all degeneracy. How are this good news?

Interesting. I wonder what particularly triggered her?

It's happened a few times with femoids: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13380492/mum-heartache-teen-suicide-netflix-13-reasons-why/

It's quite insane she lost herself over a fictional character and to feel their emotions and internal responses only to beat herself over this hollywood pretentious fantasy. Till she fights herself to suicide.

It's so pathetic.
Wimmin take what they see on TV as gospel. It's one of their hobbies after all

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back