Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Dragon Quest vs Final Fantasy

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
I find the overall stories in final fantasy more captivating but the characters are often boring or flat. Imo dragon quest has better written and more interesting characters that tend to grow on you while having more forgettable and bland stories.

Gameplay wise dragon quest is better with a much larger focus on gameplay and interesting mechanics. Final Fantasy became more and more stripped down with each release although I haven't yet played 15/16.

Music wise Final Fantasy easily mogs Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest has some of the worst music I've ever heard in a video game while Final Fantasy up to 10 had the legendary Nobuo Uematsu who rivals Koji Kondo in terms of sheer talent and mastery.

What's your take?

I prefer Dragon Quest tbh. I like how the games don't usually take themselves too seriously.

I find the overall stories in final fantasy more captivating but the characters are often boring or flat. Imo dragon quest has better written and more interesting characters that tend to grow on you while having more forgettable and bland stories.

Gameplay wise dragon quest is better with a much larger focus on gameplay and interesting mechanics. Final Fantasy became more and more stripped down with each release although I haven't yet played 15/16.

Music wise Final Fantasy easily mogs Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest has some of the worst music I've ever heard in a video game while Final Fantasy up to 10 had the legendary Nobuo Uematsu who rivals Koji Kondo in terms of sheer talent and mastery.

What's your take?
Haven't played neither of them

Dragon quest wins me over with the good stories and classic enemies. Although the only ff game on par with dq is Final fantasy 9.