Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Does anyone here know anything about soundproofing?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
OK so I have this new housemate in the houseshare I live in and... he's so loud and it's not nice noise either it's unpleasant and grating and sometimes I can't even sleep.

It's complicated to get into but I don't think I can sort this with the landlord somehow. I'm also moving out in about 2 months anyway.

So... soundproofing, I guess.

It would be one bedroom wall and maybe my door too. I have a bit of space over there to work with although there'll be a radiator installed on that wall soon which may be an issue.

Does anyone know much about this?

Thanks!

If possible tell him to be quiet at night. I once beaten up my roommate who was messing with me

Read up on Josef Fritzl

Just call the cops on him constantly for noise pollution/disturbing of the peace until he learns his lesson and cuts it out.

If he’s going to annoy you, might as well annoy him right back.

Earplugs or active noise cancelling headphones. Also you can try those soft foam strips for your doorframe. Wall would be much more expensive.