Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone feel a longing to (in a sense) re-live your childhood/youth, which was supposed to be a time devoid of any worries, troubles, etc.?

Diomedes_1112

Diomedes_1112

Recruit
★★★
I’m a highly sensitive person with severe anxiety and obsessiveness, and this has greatly troubled me all of my life.

Looking back, I never really enjoyed my childhood, never did anything fun, never had any friends, was never free from anxiety or obsessive thoughts, etc. That was supposed to be a time when you’re free from all of those worries.

Now I’m in my mid-twenties, and in my subconscious mind, I just want to live my live as it should have been in childhood.
Yes, I want to get a career, earn money, find a gf/wife, start a family, etc., but I also just want to live a life free from any troubling concerns or issues. Almost as if living in a Garden of Eden.

I’ve made it my goal to at least try to become rich and buy some land where I can live peacefully. I wonder which careers will pay me that much money—computer science, statistics, engineering, etc.?

Does anyone else feel this subconscious desire? To live your life In the same mental state as when you were a child?

Im the exact same person as i was in 2018, Been called ugly too many times to count, Must have been my personality... Because the possibility of looks dont exist, IT logic :fuk:

I wish I was a child

My childhood was the same as adulthood full of anxiety and depression. I never went to any theme parks, vacations, celebrated birthdays, never got a chance to watch any kids cartoons or movies either.

I don't ever want to relive my childhood, being chained to parents and siblings.

I would like to have a normal childhood yeah.
I often fantasize about what it would be like to reborn again as a kid and what I would do differently, probably a lot!

My childhood was basically just one long traumatic episode and it looks like the rest of my life will be a period of trauma and isolation too.

I want a refund. Give me a life that isn't just pain and loneliness over and over. :feelsUgh:

I would like to have a normal childhood yeah.
I often fantasize about what it would be like to reborn again as a kid and what I would do differently, probably a lot!

My childhood was basically just one long traumatic episode and it looks like the rest of my life will be a period of trauma and isolation too.

I want a refund. Give me a life that isn't just pain and loneliness over and over. :feelsUgh:
Damn. I’m really sorry to hear that. I hope you can move forward in life. Don’t you have any plan to improve your life?

I honestly just feel like getting a high-paying career is the only realistic way out of my situation, really.

mu childhood was shit and my youth is slipping away from my hands , but yes i do miss and value it .

when you're young you think that the typical villain archetype whose obsessed with regaining his youth is stupid.

yet when you grow older and older you yourself want to regain it and preserve it for as much as possible