Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else sort of need achievements to properly enjoy singleplayer games (and many multiplayer ones too)?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Not all games, some are just addictive pieces of shit on their own, like League of Legends (although ranks could be seen as achievements too).

But things like steam achievements absolutely change the experience for me.

Here's the thing though: I don't even share those achievements with others, I don't show them off at all, in any way whatsoever. I have no friends, none on steam or whatever. So nobody sees my achievements. But I still absolutely need achievements to properly enjoy many games.

Although I still don't really enjoy most games nowadays. And yet, with the limited money I do have, I sometimes think of purchasing a game just for the achievement.

Achievements can be nice if they bring you to play the game in different ways, if they're shit like "kill 10000000 enemies" no fuck them

Achievements can be nice if they bring you to play the game in different ways, if they're shit like "kill 10000000 enemies" no fuck them
Yeah, the most enjoyable ones are for things that you must put in some effort to actually get them.

Although I think the source of all this is for me is playing a lot of MMOs, in particular Runescape, when I was a child. It left an impact on my brain it seems. Ironically I can't play Runescape anymore, I've tried several times in the past year and I get bored in a few days, if I make it that far.

Yeah, the most enjoyable ones are for things that you must put in some effort to actually get them.

Although I think the source of all this is for me is playing a lot of MMOs, in particular Runescape, when I was a child. It left an impact on my brain it seems. Ironically I can't play Runescape anymore, I've tried several times in the past year and I get bored in a few days, if I make it that far.
Yeah I prefer skill-based games where you become better by learning the game etc. rather than games based only on grinding and shit

Which is a shame because I'm a big fan of rpgs but most of them nowadays are like that

I find achievements/trophies in games to be a lot of fun to collect

Yes, I need shit that stimulates my monkey brain.
gaming = make me feel happy
achievements = feel like I'm accomplishing something, even though I'm not

Not all games, some are just addictive pieces of shit on their own, like League of Legends (although ranks could be seen as achievements too).

Here's the thing though: I don't even share those achievements with others, I don't show them off at all, in any way whatsoever. I have no friends, none on steam or whatever. So nobody sees my achievements. But I still absolutely need achievements to properly enjoy many games.

Although I still don't really enjoy most games nowadays. And yet, with the limited money I do have, I sometimes think of purchasing a game just for the achievement.
I was trying to put myself in your boots but sorry man, im not addicted

I have never played online multiplayer games so can't relate.

Achievements ruin videogames, will elab if you want but its true

I kind of just set my own goals and don't really care about achievements tbh. I only pursue achievements if it seems like a fun and reasonable challenge. generally I just play games to have fun and will do something else when I'm getting bored

I don’t feel like that tbh

Achievements make me feel like I'm completing something, can be vary based. I dont always do this though

Achievements ruin videogames, will elab if you want but its true
Cause they make devs lazy and they don't put proper challenges in their games that stimulate the player, only relying on achievements?

Only time I cared for it was when playing left for dead. Felt like honing your skills as some kind of respected hunter or sportsman or something. I'd assume it would be the same for vermintide. I would prolly play a VR big game hunt simluation or an ER one as well. :feelsgah:

Last edited:
No, I don’t give a single fuck about achievements at all. As long as I make the little kids on multiplayer rage I’m having fun.

No, I don’t give a single fuck about achievements at all. As long as I make the little kids on multiplayer rage I’m having fun.
I rage when I play LoL, I hate that game. Every year or so I end up playing it, and in those couple weeks when I play it, I uninstall it every day, swearing I won't reinstall it, and then the next day I reinstall it.

I rage when I play LoL, I hate that game. Every year or so I end up playing it, and in those couple weeks when I play it, I uninstall it every day, swearing I won't reinstall it, and then the next day I reinstall it.
Oh god dude, LoL is fucking cancerous. I smashed my keyboard one time because of that game. I too rage so fucking much on that game and swear “This is the last time I ain’t playing this shit again” and then I end up playing it the next week and rage again. The game is filled with retards tbh.

Oh god dude, LoL is fucking cancerous. I smashed my keyboard one time because of that game. I too rage so fucking much on that game and swear “This is the last time I ain’t playing this shit again” and then I end up playing it the next week and rage again. The game is filled with retards tbh.
Absolutely, that is probably the only game that made me absolutely FURIOUS, LIVID. I mean, nowadays I'm chiller but I still get pissed and bummed out. But even just two years ago, I was getting muted/banned for the shit I would say cause I got so mad. I'd tell people I wish they were kidnapped and raped in a basement for 10 years and shit like that.

Ohh right, Overwatch too. That game can piss me off just as much.

What games do you like?

This is an incel trait. I don't feel like I finished a game until I've finished it 100%

This is an incel trait. I don't feel like I finished a game until I've finished it 100%
Yeah and it makes less sense in my case cause no one ever, ever knows or sees that I completed it 100%, or that I even played it. And yet I still feel the need for it. What the hell, that's some peak autism and waste of time.

Absolutely, that is probably the only game that made me absolutely FURIOUS, LIVID. I mean, nowadays I'm chiller but I still get pissed and bummed out. But even just two years ago, I was getting muted/banned for the shit I would say cause I got so mad. I'd tell people I wish they were kidnapped and raped in a basement for 10 years and shit like that.

Ohh right, Overwatch too. That game can piss me off just as much.

What games do you like?
Oh god dude, Overwatch is infested with soyboys. It made me rage a lot too.

Yeah and it makes less sense in my case cause no one ever, ever knows or sees that I completed it 100%, or that I even played it. And yet I still feel the need for it. What the hell, that's some peak autism and waste of time.
Yup, I love the feeling of accomplishment I get on my own. I usually just brag online, I posted on the kingdomhearts subreddt how I finished every single one of the games 100%

Oh god dude, Overwatch is infested with soyboys. It made me rage a lot too.
That game is so fucking SJW holy shit. Only Guild wars 2 compared. In both games I got banned for weeks for saying something like "fag" or something. Jesus Christ.

I feel like it's just padding most of the time to keep you playing the game in a restricted way.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back