Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Does anyone else here like collecting physical media? What formats do you like? Also a question about Blu-Ray!

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I find collecting it pretty satisfying and more enjoyable than just having a list of titles I own on a digital platform, at least for ones that I particularly like.

I mostly buy DVDs, CDs and games on certain platforms like PC, GameCube and Dreamcast.

Recently I've been really curious about Blu-Ray as they've been cropping up cheap in some places.

However one thing that stopped me in my tracks a bit is that I heard that software updates can be required to play discs? That sounds like it could potentially be very bad!

Is it just to play newer releases on older players?

Thanks all and I hope this thread is not too niche, but it might be!

Last edited:
I collect digital videogames, physical ones, mostly 6th and 7th gen, but also videogame figures and statues, and even strategy guides and artbooks

Boomer trait tbh

I've got a decent amount of gamecube games as well as other retro shit. I used to collect blu-ray steelbooks

CD’s. Got a decent collection and yeah I’m on Discogs. All the music I have on my computer and phone I have physical discs for so that I get that pristine 1,411 sample rate :ahegao:

I have some blu ray as well as some 4K blu ray now that I have a player as well.

Boomer trait tbh

Perhaps but without it how do you find things to put on your shelves and such?

Also it's nice to have more purchases you enjoy when you're walking around the shops ^^

Perhaps but without it how do you find things to put on your shelves and such?

Also it's nice to have more purchases you enjoy when you're walking around the shops ^^
My shelves are just there to collect dust, was planning on getting rid of some to make space for gym equipment or more useful things ngl

My shelves are just there to collect dust, was planning on getting rid of some to make space for gym equipment or more useful things ngl

Hm, I guess I just like having some artistic or decorative things around.

I wonder what people's houses/rooms will look like in like 5-10 years once all physical media is gone, at least from the mainstream. Strange! I guess they'll go back to before it first came on the scene. I don't know what people used to fill their homes with really!

It would make sense to collect if there was something special about the physical media, like extras or paper booklets/inserts and stuff like that.

But just to waste money on expensive BluRay discs when you can rip a high quality remux off a torrent site? Why? BluRay is basically DRM as well.

I like collecting DVD's and VHS tapes

Yes, I collect a fuck ton of music CDs, especially metal CDs, and I even have a few vinyls.

I've been collecting PSP games I bought on ebay.

I collect DVDs and Games

I notice that nobody collects... LaserDiscs! :o

Laserdisc 80s

I collection of 8tracks and floppy's

I collection of 8tracks and floppy's

8-tracks look awesome I'd love to have some of those! Even if the quality was apparently v low >.<

I find collecting it pretty satisfying and more enjoyable than just having a list of titles I own on a digital platform, at least for ones that I particularly like.

I mostly buy DVDs, CDs and games on certain platforms like PC, GameCube and Dreamcast.

Recently I've been really curious about Blu-Ray as they've been cropping up cheap in some places.

However one thing that stopped me in my tracks a bit is that I heard that software updates can be required to play discs? That sounds like it could potentially be very bad!

Is it just to play newer releases on older players?

Thanks all and I hope this thread is not too niche, but it might be!
I like collecting CDs of my favorite albums, I have over 20 and a good handful belonged to my dad