Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does any incel work with programming around here? If so, is it worth joining this profession?

anonymous106

anonymous106

am i the only one who thinks things seem strange
★★★★
I was doing some research this morning and I found something very interesting related to technology and information.

I was researching a bit about software engineering and I really got interested in it.

I saw that this can help me leverage a professional career in the field..

Such a profession does not require as much social interaction also saw that it involves things I like like like math, probability/statistics, algorithm, operating system..

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any programming experience or anything here.

Last edited:
Lol how old are you?

I'm studying CS which covers both IT and software engineering, it's not hard work if you're into tech-related things, and most professions aligned with a CS degree pay 100k+ + a year so with programming you're pretty much set for life. I'd say yes

You have to have an above average IQ just to truly be informed on the more mathematical and logical parts of it really, and get a high paying jobs as others may suggest here; CS degrees are certainly brutal, and the field is quite saturated with basically everyone wishing to get in on the high salaries and amazing company benefits they hear about, with relation to Google and such... :society:

Foids are now unfortunately being selectively placed into such programs, however, quite the dampener on such fields when you realize the companies are all the same progressivist agenda-pushing type outwardly, and will fulfill their quotas due to the usual foid privilege. :feelsugh:

I'm studying CS which covers both IT and software engineering, it's not hard work if you're into tech-related things, and most professions aligned with a CS degree pay 100k+ + a year so with programming you're pretty much set for life. I'd say yes
Thanks for the info :feelsYall:

0060-027.png

Re: literally what does maintenance do?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151487679Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:47 PM CST
They're simply updating the core aspects of the website involving the actual programming and error-reparation.
Re: print ("why does everyone think im dead?")
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151655669Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:00 PM CST
io.write("Ah, I presume that we're having a programming discussion, then?");
Re: Coding
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#152181938Monday, December 22, 2014 11:27 AM CST
"@Anony - Lua + Java" Ah, If you enjoy reading text-based guides, I'd suggest utilizing "Tutorialspoint.com" in combination with the "Lua.org/pil/" or "Programming-In-Lua Guide" and "lua-users.org". Each site has rather extensive and comprehensive information for the usage of each in combination.
Re: oo learning about lua
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151420051Tuesday, December 09, 2014 6:39 PM CST
"Mr. Anonymous Do you plan on majoring in computer programming, game design, or something along those majors? You seem knowledgeable." Hmm? Are you interested in the careers that correlate with those majors yourself?
Re: My school did Hour of Code today..
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151441490Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:03 AM CST
"You'll be able to interpret algorithms much better." The intention of the "Hour-Of-Code" program is to introduce individuals of varying age-groups to programming by tasking them with thinking algorithmically to develop an efficient solution to the relatively "Simplistic" tasks provided. If you can develop proficient algorithmic instructions, It becomes much more simpler to grasp the various linguistic patterns in general programming/scripting.

am i the only one who thinks things seem strange​

No.

You have to have an above average IQ just to truly be informed on the more mathematical and logical parts of it really, and get a high paying jobs as others may suggest here; CS degrees are certainly brutal, and the field is quite saturated with basically everyone wishing to get in on the high salaries and amazing company benefits they hear about, with relation to Google and such... :society:

Foids are now unfortunately being selectively placed into such programs, however, quite the dampener on such fields when you realize the companies are all the same progressivist agenda-pushing type outwardly, and will fulfill their quotas due to the usual foid privilege. :feelsugh:
forgot to add this. but so much this, @anonymous106 this is a major downside, you have to be fiercely committed only to have to compete for selection bu progressive companies that favor braindead foids over genuine high IQ programmers

Good luck without a degree. I have the degree and still can’t get anything because I don’t have connections or a 120 iq with 7 personal projects

I'm a programmer and yes it's pretty great if you can get into it. But it's harder and harder to do so. Especially the jobs that pay six figures are becoming much rarer (I make well under that but it's more entry level job). The tech industry is imploding right now because over a decade of mostly worthless debt-fueled growth is finally being checked due to rising interest rates and general economic troubles. I'm almost certainly getting laid off within a year.

Also you need to get some kind of education and do internship for a while before you'll get a real job. And it most certainly does require social interaction, less than average but still a fair amount. There are other jobs that have almost no interaction. They usually pay meh but are much easier to get into. Like security guard, delivery/truck driver, groundskeeper... I would do something like that if I could start again. You can just listen to music or audiobooks for your whole shift and never speak to a person except a manager on occasion.

Good luck without a degree. I have the degree and still can’t get anything because I don’t have connections or a 120 iq with 7 personal projects
Yeah the field seems extremely saturated unfortunately.

I actually see this quite often

The development community was quite active on ROBLOX.

cntkillme
Png

#228212827Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:16 PM CST
Well the CFrame itself consists of the rotation and a translation, if you zero-out the translation you're left with a sort of "raw rotation matrix" (for lack of a better term): cf - cf.p
Re: List of things that need to be redone
cntkillme
Png

#228212907Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:17 PM CST
I actually didn't read the rest (and still haven't) so maybe I jumped the gun and took that out of context. mb if so
Re: Do events create new threads?
cntkillme
Png

#228213234Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:25 PM CST
new lua threads, yes not actual process threads similar to coroutines except they're automatically registered with roblox's thread sched.
Re: How do I make an object move forward in one thrust?
cntkillme
Png

#228213323Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:27 PM CST
BodyThrust is already relative to the orientation so no don't set it to a multiple of lookVector. Set it to a multiple of (0, 0, -1). Or use BodyForce (pmuch ########## ### ##### a world-space force vector)
Re: List of things that need to be redone
cntkillme
Png

#228212777Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:15 PM CST
Quasi i don't think you understand how CFrames work. "Say, we wanted our top face to point towards a specified position... we would do cf = CFrame.new(posn, posn + Vector3.new(0,1,0))" That would make the front surface look up, making the top surface look either left OR right (depending on the implementation). The actual solution would be to use the cross product. You set the specific basis vector you want to the direction you want it to face ((lookAt-pos).unit) and compute the other basis vectors using the cross product (to get orthogonal vectors).

it sucks as much as any other job but money is money

did u ever do any personal projects during university?

Is it true that just with bootcamp you can get a good job or it's a publicity stunt by recruiters to take your money? Seems too good to be true, doing a 3 month bootcamp without previous IT experience/degree and landing a job immediately.

did u ever do any personal projects during university?
Yeah I made a couple apps but doesn’t seem enough. It’s like you need to make something that real people end up using or something very complex for anyone to give a shit.

I was doing some research this morning and I found something very interesting related to technology and information.
lmao this nigga halfread a yahoo newsarticle and calls it "doing research"

and no you will not have succesful career in IT just because you like maths. It's boring, longwinded, long hours and 99% you end up like a codemonkey drinking coffee day and night struggling to meet deadlines. You wont be mark zuckerberg just because you have a bit of interest in software engineering

how long have u been looking for a job? what was your GPA when you graduated?

you still have time
I live in Cucknada so gpa is different here I think. I had 80% average.
Been like 4 months so I’m probably gonna just get some trucel wagie job if I can for now.

I was researching a bit about software engineering and I really got interested in it.

I saw that this can help me leverage a professional career in the field..

Such a profession does not require as much social interaction also saw that it involves things I like like like math, probability/statistics, algorithm, operating system..

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any programming experience or anything here.
Programmer for many years. If I could go back and choose what degree / career path to do again I’d become an accountant instead. Accounting is right on that fine line where it’s still practical but you aren’t expected to be a literal Carmack level super genius and you’re not constantly in a state of despair over not being able to solve a given problem. My sister is a retard and shes doing great as an accountant. If she can do it you can do it. Programming and engineering are brutally hard and they don’t even pay what they used to so not worth it imo.

all i know is cumskin devs who are not borderline deformed slay very easily in san fran area.
i remember hearing a bunch of curry/rice group bitch about it

all i know is cumskin devs who are not borderline deformed slay very easily in san fran area.
i remember hearing a bunch of curry/rice group bitch about it
Programming is the final non-neurotypical nail in the coffin for ethnic men. Meanwhile, every ethnic woman in the Bay Area partners up with a mediocre White man while ranting about diversity and inclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back