Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you wish that your parents had forced you to become more social?

Title

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Wouldn't have made a difference

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I personally don't think that it would have made a difference (for me) tbh. For others it's an ambivalent situation, when you are forced to interact with others you are conditioned to see it as something that opposes your own freedom which creates animosity from the start, but at the same time rotting alone can completely erode social skills and mental health - and after a certain time these changes are permanent.

My parents always tried to get me out of obsessions/interests that led to social isolation and tried to get me involved in social groups (like church/school/etc.) and sport (like dart/etc.), but everywhere I got into trouble and/or removed due to lacking performance, for me it was an annoyance. In retrospect it was something that was unnecessary, because the integral components in the sense of a social compass were never existent within me and I simply cannot or ever will come off as remotely normal, I see/saw it as unnecessary waste of time and stress.

It's not like I am uninterested in others or something like that, in fact I have enormous amounts of envy for normal people and want(ed) to emulate them/be accepted by them, but I don't fit in no matter how hard I try and I see nothing more than a normalcy that I will never have when I look at them (e.g. love/companionship, fulfilling lives, the ability to do whatever you like). I will always be someone who depends on disability/special needs programs and has to explain Autism/etc. to others, even as I tried to force myself to interact with others I was treated like an annoyance or people quickly correctly diagnosed me (in my jobs/studies for example). For me socialization wouldn't have made a difference, nature outweighs nurture in my case, but maybe not in others.

* more suicidal

I personally don't think that it would have made a difference (for me) tbh. For others it's an ambivalent situation, when you are forced to interact with others you are conditioned to see it as something that opposes your own freedom which creates animosity from the start, but at the same time rotting alone can completely erode social skills and mental health - and after a certain time these changes are permanent.

Mental health is a meme. It's an excuse to justify the abuse and mistreatment of others. Of course someone's behaviour is irrational and weird when they are filled with misery and despair at their situation. If "mental illness" is based entirely on your financial and romantic situation then it isn't a mental illness. + what if you weren't crazy? You would just be an easier target to be used and abused by the people around you. Ugly low status men need all the whackiness and agression they can get.

Mental health is a meme. It's an excuse to justify the abuse and mistreatment of others. Of course someone's behaviour is irrational and weird when they are filled with misery and despair at their situation. If "mental illness" is based entirely on your financial and romantic situation then it isn't a mental illness. + what if you weren't crazy? You would just be an easier target to be used and abused by the people around you. Ugly low status men need all the whackiness and agression they can get.
high iq

My mom once forced me to invite colleagues for my birthday party and i regretted it... but overall being pushed to socialize can be helpful in longer term.
Yes, most likely.
True.

I would probably still be the same tbh.

Under the mask of "humanism" society still treats unfortunate individuals cruelly.

My parents always tried to get me out of obsessions/interests that led to social isolation and tried to get me involved in social groups (like church/school/etc.) and sport (like dart/etc.), but everywhere I got into trouble and/or removed due to lacking performance, for me it was an annoyance. In retrospect it was something that was unnecessary, because the integral components in the sense of a social compass were never existent within me and I simply cannot or ever will come off as remotely normal, I see/saw it as unnecessary waste of time and stress.

It's not like I am uninterested in others or something like that, in fact I have enormous amounts of envy for normal people and want(ed) to emulate them/be accepted by them, but I don't fit in no matter how hard I try and I see nothing more than a normalcy that I will never have when I look at them (e.g. love/companionship, fulfilling lives, the ability to do whatever you like). I will always be someone who depends on disability/special needs programs and has to explain Autism/etc. to others, even as I tried to force myself to interact with others I was treated like an annoyance or people quickly correctly diagnosed me (in my jobs/studies for example). For me socialization wouldn't have made a difference, nature outweighs nurture in my case, but maybe not in others.

I remember being at someones house with my Dad and Brother, my Dad kept on urging me to talk to other people because I spent the entire time playing Skyrim on his laptop.
I generally have a hard time socializing with Normies because they are boring, and talk about mundane topics to point where I can't contribute anything meaningful to the conversation.

I have aspergers si i doubt it would make much a difference. However i wish my parents cared and tried to get me to socialize. I spent my entire childhood in my room alone and my parents couldn't care less and say it's my fault i never went outside.

They should've sent me to a shrink early so I could have learned my non-NT genetic place earlier than my mid 20s. Could've made better life choices as a result rather than trying :redpill: attempts to become a normie as an ugly sperg. It almost happened when they sent me to one in my late teens (they only noticed I was pretty abnormal after I'd spent my entire teens alone and depressed), but then they let me stop going when I said mommy I dont wanna go. Soft parenting = shit parenting

Yes, definitely. If she herself had a social circle outside of job and 3-4 of her childhood female friends, I would have a chance if not ascend, then at least become normie.

Nobody would want to interact with ugly kid anyway, I and other incel in class were bullied since grade 2

My parents pretty much sabotaged my social life. Always obssessed with forcing me to take good grades made me insane. I wouldn't have time to socialize and whenever I did I always felt guilty and my parents would shame me for it sometimes. Unironically my parents are partially responsible for my situation.

It wouldn’t do anything. It’s your looks that matter. Even if your parents forced you to be social, it’s not like the others would want to deal with you anyways. So it ultimately wouldn’t make a difference. If people wanted to hang out with you they would start conversations first.

It would not work, anyway at puberty the halo effect of children is lost. everything is appearance

I wish my parents died in a car accident when I was young

Wouldn’t have made any difference, I was born severely non-NT.