Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you usually understand everything in a movie (or anime etc...) or do you have to search for an explanation/summary on the internet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Maybe this is cause of my short attention span. Or the way I tend to focus on something and then something else happens and I'm still thinking about the first thing.

This also happens in real life, like when people say something and I sort of don't register it (again cause I was focusing on something else and my mind can't process too many things at the same time or something, or maybe I was too anxious and there's too many stimuli).

I don't think I have ADHD, that would be absolutely hilarious. Adhd on top of all the other shit lmao, no way. So I wonder, does that happen to a lot of you guys?

Nowadays I don't even watch most movies. I just straight up google the summary. Or I skim through the movie and then read the summary. Shit, just now I remembered that despite the hundreds of anime I've watched in my life, I've always avoid Neon Genesis Evangelion cause I always thought it was some Mech shit and I hate mech stuff, but I had it suggested for an entirely different reason so I thought I'd give it a try. So what did I do? Did I watch it? No, didn't even bother. Went straight to searching "evangelion summary reddit". And even the fucking summary was confusing to me. I was too fucking distracted to properly register what the summary/explanation was telling me.

Last edited:
If I'm not tired usually I can. But it isn't until the second time I watch the movie that I begin to really understand what's going on

1. You have to watch the Evangelion series (I think 26 episodes) and End of Evangelion movie before you can form an opinion on it. Reading a summary is not enough. You cannot appreciate art by just reading a summary or a review.

2. I try to avoid summaries, reviews, synopses, etc. before consuming media that I care about for the reason that it will bias my interpretation of it.

3. Though we study works such as Shakespeare's in much depth in university classes, the plays were viewed by common people. Even if certain themes are lost on some people, art should be relatable on some level to a 'wide' audience.

I just don't watch anything challenging :feelsthink:

I just don't watch anything challenging :feelsthink:
woke
personally I watch the movie or show. if I feel it's shit, I will read up summary ahead. otherwise I go thru it normally

you have to be NT to understand movies :feelsbadman:. its over for us autistcels.

No. The only time I had to was when I accidentally skipped some parts and when I was watching kakegurui because I don't know how cards work and I have zero knowledge of cards and gambling. Had to drop it anyway.

I almost always end up having to search the summary/explanation