Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you have empathy?

They say empathy/"emotional intelligence" is the key to not being lonely.

• Total voters
Tricks don't have to be "malicious," though it could be argued that deception itself is malicious. But even if its to "protect" people, a trick is a trick.

OK, you're splitting hairs over what point exactly? What's your greater argument?

Maybe for animals, or people in real shitty 3rd world conditions but that's about it.

OK, you're splitting hairs over what point exactly? What's your greater argument?

Tricking people isn't necessarily the right social direction. Isn't it better to navigate social hurdles without it?

I think these psychologists would say that it's an emotional handicap to think that people need to be tricked. I think they would say it's especially out of pocket to think "My tricks can't be tricks, because I mean well." I think the idea is to stay as far away as possible from what might look like sociopathy.

But how empathetic are you if you have no qualms with openly lying to people you're supposed to have good relationships with? Doesn't "empathy" mean "I feel enough for this person that I don't want to trick them?"
Lying to protect someone's ego and self-image happens all the time and is a part of empathy.

I'm sure many on this forum have experienced it with their family and friends in regards to their looks.

I think the idea is to stay as far away as possible from what might look like sociopathy.
Sociopaths have some of easiest time forming strong connections with others (if that's what they want) and most are high EQ (which is why they're able to manipulate people well).

Having a lack of emotional/social intelligence is a big barrier which is why autists struggle. Empathy no however as sociopaths/psychopaths have good social lives (or at least have the ability if they choose to do so).

I have empathy for pokemon
I am incapable of feeling empathy for normalfag problems. That's not to say I can't feel empathy at all, I can, but only for things I can relate to. That is a pretty narrow list because I can't really relate to most people anymore.

i remember seeing this man on his way home from work in the bus, and he seemed so lonely and withered that i almost cried.

Lying to protect someone's ego and self-image happens all the time and is a part of empathy.

I'm sure many on this forum have experienced it with their family and friends in regards to their looks.

Sociopaths have some of easiest time forming strong connections with others (if that's what they want) and most are high EQ (which is why they're able to manipulate people well).

Having a lack of emotional/social intelligence is a big barrier which is why autists struggle. Empathy no however as sociopaths/psychopaths have good social lives (or at least have the ability if they choose to do so).

But is sociopathy healthy? Why else would psychologists call it a bad thing?

And do you have to "lie" to protect someone's ego? Isn't the more savvy thing, and the thing more respectful of their intelligence, to keep their ego intact without out-and-out lies?

Used to have emotional empathy and little to no cognitive. Now I don't feel emotions very much at all. Just pain, anger and annoyance. Possibly a sociopath.

I was watching a Thoughty2 video that says 4 main ways to end up with a miserable life are as follows...

1. Being irresponsible with money
  2. Having bad social skills
  3. Being lazy
  4. Having addiction(s)
I have every-single one of these issues except for possibly #1. Autism -> depression = laziness and addiction. Got some bad habits with money right now too.

Last edited:
I'm very emphatic, I find it easy to put myself in others position and feel their pain. But I'm trying to let my rational side win and so I try to not care about other people because I know they don't care about me.

But is sociopathy healthy? Why else would psychologists call it a bad thing?

And do you have to "lie" to protect someone's ego? Isn't the more savvy thing, and the thing more respectful of their intelligence, to keep their ego intact without out-and-out lies?
It's probably not healthy but it just serves to prove they can form social connections (although they merely use them for their own benefit rather than actually valuing the connection).

It depends on how direct and pointed the question is. In some cases you might have to lie. I'm sure I have before although I can't recall a specific scenario.

People in general like to be charmed rather than merely not damaging their ego as well.

Here's where I think people are messing up. This is a question of "Do you feel empathy for the people that, if this theory is correct, you should have good relationships with?" If your answer is "No, I only feel empathy for people who like me back" then that's not the same thing.

But if you feel empathy for people, but the connection/emotional understanding you feel for people is one-sided/they don't like you back, then the theory is challenged.
I think you misunderstood my post. I said I don't feel empathy for people I cannot relate to. Empathy is being able to put yourself in another person's shoes and understand how they feel in a given situation. To do this you need to have comparable life experiences.

For example, if you're an incel how do you know what a breakup feels like? Or what it feels like to be chested on? You don't and therefore how can you empathize? Maybe you can feel sympathy (or the more correct word would be pity).

But my original post had nothing to do with whether people like me.

I think yes tbh

Tricking people isn't necessarily the right social direction. Isn't it better to navigate social hurdles without it?

I think these psychologists would say that it's an emotional handicap to think that people need to be tricked. I think they would say it's especially out of pocket to think "My tricks can't be tricks, because I mean well." I think the idea is to stay as far away as possible from what might look like sociopathy.

IT'S NOT A TRICK.

JFL

I don't think i have empathy tbh, i only care about my dog, the rest of the world could die and i wouldn't feel sad

It's probably not healthy but it just serves to prove they can form social connections (although they merely use them for their own benefit rather than actually valuing the connection).

It depends on how direct and pointed the question is. In some cases you might have to lie. I'm sure I have before although I can't recall a specific scenario.

People in general like to be charmed rather than merely not damaging their ego as well.

But is that an actual connection then? Or are you just using people to get things you want? What these psychologists are talking about are meaningful connections with other people.

I think you misunderstood my post. I said I don't feel empathy for people I cannot relate to. Empathy is being able to put yourself in another person's shoes and understand how they feel in a given situation. To do this you need to have comparable life experiences.

For example, if you're an incel how do you know what a breakup feels like? Or what it feels like to be chested on? You don't and therefore how can you empathize? Maybe you can feel sympathy (or the more correct word would be pity).

But according to these psychologists, you're supposed to feel empathy for as many people as possible, or as many people as you mean to connect with. The more able you are to connect with people, the less lonely you are.

hmmmmm depends.
I feel zero empathy for foids for example.
and for chads too.

what does empathy mean, i can understand someones emotions, but i just do not care. i think the word youre looking for is compassion.

what does empathy mean, i can understand someones emotions, but i just do not care. i think the word youre looking for is compassion.

It's not my word, it's these psychologists.

If there's any correlation between empathy and romantic/sexual success, it's negative. Finding an incel bully/criminal is extremely tough. Finding good-hearted empathetic incel men is extremely easy.

This world belongs to the prince of the air, i.e. satan. Having demonic qualities makes you go ahead (towards materialistic goals) easier here. But everything demons give you will be charged with very heavy interest.

Yes...

Having empathy is doing something in return for nothing right?

I gave a ride to one of my co-workers multiple times even though he smelt really bad and didn't expect nothing in return.
I also gave a ride to my attractive female co-worker who has been very rude to me?
Am still unsure if she's just shy or being rude.

Yes...

Having empathy is doing something in return for nothing right?

I gave a ride to one of my co-workers multiple times even though he smelt really bad and didn't expect nothing in return.
I also gave a ride to my attractive female co-worker who has been very rude to me?
Am still unsure if she's just shy or being rude.

I think it has more to do with understanding and meaningful connection. You did it because you cared?

If there's any correlation between empathy and romantic/sexual success, it's negative. Finding an incel bully/criminal is extremely tough. Finding good-hearted empathetic incel men is extremely easy.

This world belongs to the prince of the air, i.e. satan. Having demonic qualities makes you go ahead (towards materialistic goals) easier here. But everything demons give you will be charged with very heavy interest.

I think the success these psychologists are talking about isn't about sex, but whether or not people care about you. Like, these psychologists might see a sexless but otherwise close relationship between people a "success."

I think it has more to do with understanding and meaningful connection. You did it because you cared?

I did it because if I was in his position I wouldn't want to wait 30 minutes on site just to get to the exit.(here's a shutTtle that goes around the work site but it has to hit stops even if nobody is there so it could take around 30 minutes sometimes just to get offsite if you don't have a personal vehicle.)

As for the female I did it because I cared. I didn't want her to use this bicycle when I just happened to be right here.

For people who's like me yes
Absolutely none for whores though

I think the success these psychologists are talking about isn't about sex, but whether or not people care about you. Like, these psychologists might see a sexless but otherwise close relationship between people a "success."
From an evolutionary psychological standpoint, sexual success is the only type of success that matters, and given that dark triad men who lack emotional empathy are continually found to spread their genes more capably than any other type of men, it follows that these traits are adaptive for the gynocentric soyciety we live in, and are selected for by foids.

Why do foids select for them? To begin with, because they are stupid and easily manipulated by the extroversion and conspicuous status signalling of dark triad men. Over the long term, however, because they get traumatized into becoming their rape slaves.

Does it matter that dark triad men are easily discontented and tend to be criminals, and may be less successful career-wise than a highly conscientious code monkey? Does it matter that dark triad men "live fast and die young," whereas a code monkey lives slow and dies old?

No, because ultimately, the dark triad man even wins the long-term game through his success at genetic reproduction, and the code monkey is left at the mercy of his scraps and of his spawns for all his fruitless days alive.

Last edited:
I tend to be very empathetic towards people (anyone, regardless if they are a 10 or a 1) who can at least be genuine with me. Anyone who hides it with layers of falsehood gets no empathy from me.

Not quite.

Though it can be impossible to know what another person is going through, unless you've been either there or in the neighborhood of there, you can have a superficial understanding of a life experience you've never experienced and the resultant emotions that come with it, like being childless and knowing that losing a child is a horrific experience to live through.

I don't care about people but mainly bc they don't deserve it, and I've been bullied and humiliated over and over and over. I'm not actually a sociopath or darktriadmaxxed in general, I can feel empathy. And I wish for a just world in which I could be a good person.

it's said that psychologists believe lonely people lack "emotional intelligence."
bullshit
i have a normal amount of emotional intelligence (once my psychologist tested me) and i was lonely
tho as the years passed by my menal illness and the pain started to take control over me, and at this point i don't have any social skills i became silent because whenever i said something i always got those bitch looks even if i just tried to help

like one time when i was out biking and i saw two girls. and they were on bike as well and i noticed that they were just standing in the middle of the road.
i went there and i saw that one of their bikes just threw the chain from the "brain" (i dont know what is the english name for that part of the bike but in my country its brain but never mind) so i told them that i can help them its just the chain.
they yelled at me to leave them alone with a disgusting bitch look in their eyes

i went to pick up some groceryes tho. when i was on my way home i saw them...they were still fucking around with their bike :feelsgah: