Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you have empathy?

They say empathy/"emotional intelligence" is the key to not being lonely.

• Total voters
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
I was watching a Thoughty2 video that says 4 main ways to end up with a miserable life are as follows...

1. Being irresponsible with money
  2. Having bad social skills
  3. Being lazy
  4. Having addiction(s)

You don't have to watch the video, but here it is.

At 9:05 he talks about how loneliness and bad social skills can ruin lives. Now, this is stuff everyone knows and no one denies. But the prevailing difference between incels and everyone else is, we have our own theories for why we're lonely. We think it's because we're ugly. But in this video, it's said that psychologists believe lonely people lack "emotional intelligence." Which, in layman's terms, is empathy.

So is that true? How many people here feel empathy for others? Because if we felt empathy for others (yes, even women), but were still lonely, that would challenge that theory.

I feel empathy for people but I suppress it because of the blackpill. I wish I didn't feel it.

Psychopathic slayers who lack emotional empathy lifemog everyone on this forum to oblivion.

It's the autists who lack cognitive empathy who suffer.

Thoughty2 is wrong here. Empathy isn't emotional intelligence, it's a subset of it. Emotional intelligence also consists of things like white lies to protect another's self-esteem. That's not quite empathy, but it is being cognizant of another's emotions.

Maybe. I‘ll have to think about it.

Thoughty2 use to be good now he has a stupid mustache and makes shit videos

It depends on the circumstance ngl

i rarely have empathy to humans anymore ngl
sometimes i feel empathy towards animals

It depends on the circumstance ngl

i rarely have empathy to humans anymore ngl
sometimes i feel empathy towards animals
Fakepsychopath if animals weren't the first things you started killing ngl

Have empathy for anime girls. Sometimes for boys too (no homo), or animals (no zoo)

I only care about other incels and my parents, everyone else can cease to exist for all i care.
I only have empathy for those I care about. Which is very few I guess. Mostly people online. Decades of mistreatment by society kind of whittles universal empathy out of you. Empathys a selective emotion anyway. No one has empathy for the ugly short guy who gets driven to suicide.
Amen bro

Thoughty2 is wrong here. Empathy isn't emotional intelligence, it's a subset of it. Emotional intelligence also consists of things like white lies to protect another's self-esteem. That's not quite empathy, but it is being cognizant of another's emotions.

It's the psychologists that say emotional intelligence is empathy, not Thoughty2.

tell 1 thing , ppl have empathy for us? , or care about us? or they tell us kill yourself , loser , pathetic incel , Do you really expect me to empathize with people?

tell 1 thing , ppl have empathy for us? , or care about us? or they tell us kill yourself , loser , pathetic incel , Do you really expect me to empathize with people?

Only for incels and good people.

The "emotional intelligence" argument is saying "Not everyone in the world is like that, and if you had emotional intelligence you'd be able to sift through the shit to find people who like you."

Then psychologists have it wrong.

I wonder if we're just proving psychology right by thinking like this. I think psychologists would say "If you think relationships are about lies and manipulation to make yourself look good, and not honest connections, that's not healthy. And a glaring candidate for why you're lonely."

But if we try it their way and still fail, that challenges their theory.

I feel empathy sure

Silly video. I've got fairly high levels of empathy. Don't use it for people I dislike but the ability is there. Empathy is nothing compared to social status when it comes to making friends. And empathy is obviously not going to get you laid.

The "emotional intelligence" argument is saying "Not everyone in the world is like that, and if you had emotional intelligence you'd be able to sift through the shit to find people who like you."

EQ is simply being aware of other people's emotions and being able to correctly navigate an interaction with them based on their emotions.

I wonder if we're just proving psychology right by thinking like this. I think psychologists would say "If you think relationships are about lies and manipulation to make yourself look good, and not honest connections, that's not healthy. And a glaring candidate for why you're lonely."

But if we try it their way and still fail, that challenges their theory.

Whoever says something like that is drawing illogical inferences. In other words they'd be twisting my words and putting words in my mouth.

Whoever says something like that is drawing illogical inferences. In other words they'd be twisting my words and putting words in my mouth.

You said "white lies." That's not necessarily a "correct navigation."

I only have empathy for incels

I'm capable of having empathy, but it's very situational. I'm immune to the sob stories you see plastered on social media, they just humour me. Still, even when I feel empathy, I'm bad at clearly showing it to others, resulting in everyone thinking that I'm a heartless, emotionless drone (including my own parents).

You said "white lies." That's not necessarily a "correct navigation."

Are you for real?

Say you get invited by a work colleague to dinner at his home, and his wife cooks the meal. You come over, bearing a small gift (usually alcohol), make small talk for a bit, then you go to the dinner table. You take one bite and you just want to spit it out.

High EQ would be realizing that an overt show of displeasure from the food would upset your hosts, specifically the wife, who put in honest time and effort. So you do the sensible thing and lie by saying it tastes good and saying what would the husband do if he didn't have a talented chef beside him. You proceed to talk more than you eat in an effort to postpone having to eat something you'd rather not. The wife comments that you hardly ate and you make up a bullshit story about this stressful imaginary situation has been affecting your appetite for a couple weeks in order to spare having to tell her the truth that her cooking sucks and souring your personal (and potentially professional) relationship with your co-worker.

Empathy in this case would be imagining yourself being the one who spends hours doing the cooking, only to be told that it's garbage and imagining how bad that would feel.

Last edited:
Are you for real?

Say you get invited by a work colleague to dinner at his home, and his wife cooks the meal. You come over, bearing a small gift (usually alcohol), make small talk for a bit, then you go to the dinner table. You take one bite and you just want to spit it out.

High EQ would be realizing that an overt show of displeasure from the food would upset your hosts, specifically the wife, who put in honest time and effort. So you do the sensible thing and lie by saying it tastes good and saying what would the husband do if he didn't have a talented chef beside him. You proceed to talk more than you eat in an effort to postpone having to eat something you'd rather not.

Empathy in this case would be imagining yourself being the one who spends hours doing the cooking, only to be told that it's garbage and imagining how bad that would feel.

You don't have to show overt displeasure, but that's not the same as lying. Not telling people you don't like a thing isn't the same as lying.

You don't have to show overt displeasure, but that's not the same as lying. Not telling people you don't like a thing isn't the same as lying.

OK, stop with the pedantry.

you are conflating cognitive and emotional empathy

But it's important to the theory.

Precisely how? Telling harmless lies to protect feelings and not make relationships with people awkward is the grease that keeps the social engine running smoothly.

Part of high EQ is realizing this and understanding why and how it's done. Empathy is just an aspect of this.

Last edited:
I used to have some empathy but after a while I stopped caring

Precisely how? Telling harmless lies to protect feelings and not make relationships with people awkward is the grease that keeps the social engine running smoothly.

Part of high EQ is realizing this and understanding why and how it's done. Empathy is just an aspect of this.

But how empathetic are you if you have no qualms with openly lying to people you're supposed to have good relationships with? Doesn't "empathy" mean "I feel enough for this person that I don't want to trick them?"

But how empathetic are you if you have no qualms with openly lying to people you're supposed to have good relationships with? Doesn't "empathy" mean "I feel enough for this person that I don't want to trick them?"

WTF is this? You're not "tricking" anybody. Trickery implies malicious intent in an attempt to exploit.

Kek, there isn't a single bully, bad boy, criminal that I know in real life who doesn't have a hot girlfriend.

Meanwhile I feel empathy for plants even and have been lonely all my life.

WTF is this? You're not "tricking" anybody. Trickery implies malicious intent in an attempt to exploit.

If you don't like a thing, and instead of just withholding that you make a point to deliberately tell people the opposite, that's a trick. You may feel that it was done out of kindness, but it's a trick.

Besides my mother, no.

If you don't like a thing, and instead of just withholding that you make a point to deliberately tell people the opposite, that's a trick. You may feel that it was done out of kindness, but it's a trick.

This is some high tier mental gymnastics. Tricks are malicious and Machiavellian. Telling a white lie is precisely the opposite of that.

But keep coping.

I am incapable of feeling empathy for normalfag problems. That's not to say I can't feel empathy at all, I can, but only for things I can relate to. That is a pretty narrow list because I can't really relate to most people anymore.

I feel empathy for 0.05 sec and aftet realize no one gives a fuck about me.

İn most cases no ı dont

This is some high tier mental gymnastics. Tricks are malicious and Machiavellian. Telling a white lie is precisely the opposite of that.

But keep coping.

Tricks don't have to be "malicious," though it could be argued that deception itself is malicious. But even if its to "protect" people, a trick is a trick.

I am incapable of feeling empathy for normalfag problems. That's not to say I can't feel empathy at all, I can, but only for things I can relate to. That is a pretty narrow list because I can't really relate to most people anymore.

Here's where I think people are messing up. This is a question of "Do you feel empathy for the people that, if this theory is correct, you should have good relationships with?" If your answer is "No, I only feel empathy for people who like me back" then that's not the same thing.

But if you feel empathy for people, but the connection/emotional understanding you feel for people is one-sided/they don't like you back, then the theory is challenged.

Yes. I am actually very emotional.

And this is wrong. Its why I have been constantly screwed over.

All those bluepilled shows like anime or crappy movies about humanity keep trying to say human emotions is whats needed to survive.

Yes its needed to survive as a moronic slave. But if you want to be the guy on top, you cannot be a slave to your emotion. You have to resist and think clearly and logically. In areas where the stakes are high like geopolitics, billion dollar finance deals, insanely complex surgery, a boxing title fight where one punch ends the match etc, there is no room for emotion. You must be able to do your job objectively and cleanly.

I wonder why are all the CEOs, partners, professionals such cold hearted cunts? Its obvious, if they weren't, they wouldn't reach the top. They would perform to their best if emotions were getting in the way.

how do I know Im empathetic?