Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

do you believe in free will?

do you believe in free will?

• Total voters
soul contre tous

soul contre tous

Cannibalistic Humanoid Untermensch Destroyer
-
There is no such thing as free will, Your forced to go places ever since born that doesnt match up to what you really need to know to be ready for life!

Yes i think it's real even tho sometimes strongly influenced by either culture or biological impulses

Free will does not exist. Your just the result of a long line of cause and effect.

I think that suicide kinda proves it. There is no biological or physical reason to do it, actually, your brain kinda tries its best to stop you from doing it, but people still do it. Isn't that free will?

Free will does not exist. Your just the result of a long line of cause and effect.
exactly. this (hard determinism) is one of the two core tenets of the blackpill,
the other one being biological essentialism (the belief that you are entirely defined by your biology).
some argue pessimism is a third core tenet of the blackpill, while others say it is an almost inevitable consequence of it

Last edited:
I think that suicide kinda proves it. There is no biological or physical reason to do it, actually, your brain kinda tries its best to stop you from doing it, but people still do it. Isn't that free will?
animals commit suicide too. depression as a whole is a biological mechanism to prevent untERmenschen from procreating similar to bullying/cacophobia if you will.
regardless of that, we as untERmenschen should fight nature and existance itself with all our powER by existing, fighting, thriving and doing all othER things we are not "supposed to do"!!

Last edited:

question to these dudes. do you think all this anti-god, satanist, tranny, fag stuff is god's will? xD

There is no such thing as free will, Your forced to go places ever since born that doesnt match up to what you really need to know to be ready for life!
:yes: Well said, your life is determined by your shitty limited options and opportunities.

I wouldnt use the word belief here. I think it's very likely that we do not have a true free will.

View attachment 743852
question to these dudes. do you think all this anti-god, satanist, tranny, fag stuff is god's will? xD
according to religioncuck doctrine evERything is gods will.
jfl @ religious faggots contradicting themselves in their copes.

There is no absolute free will. All your options are limited by your environment and the decisions and things happening to people around you.

Anyone who says theres 100% free will is just retarded

Last edited:
Yes

You could have picked the winning lottery numbers but the chance was smaller than dying in your way to buy the tickets .

This principle applies to everything in life.

Yes. Furthermore, I believe that free will is what proves that a God exists.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control, even over his own will.
View attachment 743852
^fakecel + didn't add me. thought you were my friend

normies dont have free will, but we do

Lowest iq replies imaginable. I figured this one out as a kid. You never make a decision that your brain doesnt deem to be best.

Try to purposely make the wrong choice. You only did that causs you knew you were playing this game, so the wrong choice become the best choice all things considered. You always do what your brain dictates as best.

Lowest iq replies imaginable. I figured this one out as a kid. You never make a decision that your brain doesnt deem to be best.

Try to purposely make the wrong choice. You only did that causs you knew you were playing this game, so the wrong choice become the best choice all things considered. You always do what your brain dictates as best.
Who is you? It sounds like you think that your sense of self goes beyond your physical brain

Also, put yourself in a survival situation. Theres no fucking around, you perform or you die. There is no "picking" between 2 possibilities you do what seems most logical for the moment cause you dont wanna die. The illusion of free will only comes up in mentally ill times where no decision really matters anyways so the distinction between the right and wrong decision is blurred which creates mental illness delusion about muh free will :soy:

Who is you? It sounds like you think that your sense of self goes beyond your physical brain
irrelevant reference to the concept of souls. Doesnt relate to the crux of my argument

Lowest iq replies imaginable. I figured this one out as a kid.
Says replies are low iq. Alleges that he figured the question of free will as a kid.

You didn't figure out shit.

I don't think it is irrelevant, because what does free will imply? I think it implies that we would somehow be higher than the physical world. Because if we were just deterministic and maybe to a small extent probabilistic machines like a biological cell. Then it is already clear that we can not have free will.
Having a soul doesnt mean you dont do what you deem the best course of action at any point in time. You always do what is deemed best, all things considered. Why wouldnt you. So its irrelevant if souls exist or not

Says replies are low iq. Alleges that he figured the question of free will as a kid.

You didn't figure out shit.
Id like to hear your thoughts on the subject then, graycel

Only good looking people are free

Having a soul doesnt mean you dont do what you deem the best course of action at any point in time. You always do what is deemed best, all things considered. Why wouldnt you. So its irrelevant if souls exist or not
I'm saying free will could only potentially be possible if we had a supernatural soul.

If we did not, then free will is impossible.

With other words, let A be the statement: we have free will.
Let B be the statement: we have a supernatural soul.

I'm saying: Lets suppose A is true. Then A => B.

So the people who think A is true, will also have to accept B.

The implication depends on our current scientific knowledge I think, so we cant be sure if it holds. Or maybe you could proof it somehow idk. I'm very tired right now so I might not make a lot of sense.

Free will is impossible. Everything is a chain of cause and effect. All your actions and thoughts are predetermined. You don't have magical chaos God energy to bend fate to your will. Your whole life is predetermined. Believing otherwise is extremely low IQ

It isn't a completely individual/moral choice though. Lots of suicide happen because the person feels like a burden or that they aren't wanted. And it might be true. In this case there is an external factor and it can't be seen as a purely individual choice.

The video game analogy works. 90% of the population does not have free will, the other 10% are active players. The NPCs includes all females, plus about 80% or more of males. They just walk around in a zombie like state, doing their jobs, saying their preprogrammed words. Basically they are humans but are like puppets being controlled entiely by quantum mechanics. Only the conscious humans have the ability to deviate from the programming.

I'm saying free will could only potentially be possible if we had a supernatural soul.

If we did not, then free will is impossible.

With other words, let A be the statement: we have free will.
Let B be the statement: we have a supernatural soul.

I'm saying: Lets suppose A is true. Then A => B.

So the people who think A is true, will also have to accept B.

The implication depends on our current scientific knowledge I think, so we cant be sure if it holds. Or maybe you could proof it somehow idk. I'm very tired right now so I might not make a lot of sense.
yeah maybe. All i know is you cant weigh 2 decisions and all things considered purposely make the worse decision. Even if it was "well i love life but i will chooseto commit suicide to prove you wrong!" well our little game prompted you to kill yourself so actually you made the best decision all things considered

Id like to hear your thoughts on the subject then, graycel
Since you asked nicely.

In my opinion, if you believe that human beings are just balls of meat wandering around aimlessly in the universe, the kind of Spinoza’s stone that thinks that it was moving on its own accord but actually was thrown, then you do not acknowledge that there is something beyond the purely material that allows us to have the capacity to choose. To me, that doesn't make sense.
Furthermore, I believe that free will is what proves that a God exists.
To elaborate on this, if you believe that you have the ability to make independent choices, that you can actually supersede your own biological drives and the environment around you to any extent, even to the smallest extent, this means that you believe in something that can’t actually be proven by science but that you’re still living every single day. And the notion that you have that will, and not only that you have that will but that will is capable of comprehending the universe around you, that your ideas, the fact that you can comprehend the universe is a reflection of a reality, of an objective truth that is out there... That says to me that there is a God, a common source that stands behind that objective truth and stands behind the mind that can comprehend that truth.

If we don't have free will then I think there's no reason to have consciousness, otherwise why aren't we just big ants moving about purely on instinct?

Not for most people. Only I and a select few other people have free will.

So it's technically yes I guess?

i don't know, i just live everyday like i live the day before. don't really care about these philosical bullshit like free will

No free will for your face

Since you asked nicely.

In my opinion, if you believe that human beings are just balls of meat wandering around aimlessly in the universe, the kind of Spinoza’s stone that thinks that it was moving on its own accord but actually was thrown, then you do not acknowledge that there is something beyond the purely material that allows us to have the capacity to choose. To me, that doesn't make sense.

To elaborate on this, if you believe that you have the ability to make independent choices, that you can actually supersede your own biological drives and the environment around you to any extent, even to the smallest extent, this means that you believe in something that can’t actually be proven by science but that you’re still living every single day. And the notion that you have that will, and not only that you have that will but that will is capable of comprehending the universe around you, that your ideas, the fact that you can comprehend the universe is a reflection of a reality, of an objective truth that is out there... That says to me that there is a God, a common source that stands behind that objective truth and stands behind the mind that can comprehend that truth.
so this was hard to read and not in a high iq way but what you are saying is i think i have free will therefore i do. Ok go ahead and present yourself with 2 options to choose from and i want you to choose the worse of the 2 then i want you to come back and say that the "worse" option was truly worse all things considered and you didnt do it to prove a point or anything

so this was hard to read and not in a high iq way but what you are saying is i think i have free will therefore i do. Ok go ahead and present yourself with 2 options to choose from and i want you to choose the worse of the 2 then i want you to come back and say that the "worse" option was truly worse all things considered and you didnt do it to prove a point or anything
That's not what I'm saying at all. Interesting that you are unable to comprehend what I'm saying here, considering that you "figured out the answer to free will when you're a kid".

Materially: If you're non-rich, no. If you're rich, yes.

If we don't have free will then I think there's no reason to have consciousness, otherwise why aren't we just big ants moving about purely on instinct?
instinct is a feeling. Those creatures are "conscious" i think but on a lower level becsuse their brain capacity is tiny. We have big complex brain that can do more with our feelings not just feel pain. We use our feelings to "think". Thats why kids start counting on their fingers they have to feel the concept of numbers before that feeling of what a number is gets internalized in their heads that they can do mental math. The math calculation is also based on feelings. By feelings i dont solely mean happy, sad, etc but also touch, sight.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Interesting that you are unable to comprehend what I'm saying here, considering that you "figured out the answer to free will when you're a kid".
Dude your post reads like a drunken rambling. I think youre an edgy teenager. Its your job to make your posts coherent to the nonmentally ill public

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Yeah dude, even science supports free will. When free will is so undeniable, even demons and faggots have to respect it and say it's real, it means it's real.

If I learned one thing is that almost nobody will tell you what you really need to know, especially not other people or fucking school.

If you are really, really lucky you may have a dad who tells you what you need to know about life.

This world is hell, never forget that

Dude your post reads like a drunken rambling. I think youre an edgy teenager. Its your job to make your posts coherent to the nonmentally ill public

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Free will is a complex theme to discuss. If you are unable to understand basic thoughts on it and wish to discuss it in a simplistic way, find people who are on your iq level and do not ask me questions again. It seems my way of discussing it is way out of your league.

If I learned one thing is that almost nobody will tell you what you really need to know, especially not other people or fucking school.

If you are really, really lucky you may have a dad who tells you what you need to know about life.

This world is hell, never forget that
My dad was an ass, I rather would like a brother