Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Do people tend to play fewer action games when they get older?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
So I was sitting here playing some Counter-Strike... which is a game I used to play with friends when I was a teenager. I don't play it super often.

But it occurs to me that games like this... maybe look juvenile? I couldn't fully work out why. The best conclusion I can come up with is that action games tend to have younger playerbases. When people get older they tend to play slower-paced games, if any.

Is that right?

I generally never liked shooters, i like silly games tbh

Are you playing CSGO or the original counter strike?

@NihilisticSoul @IceStorm

I was playing Condition Zero. XD

I like CZ because it's super easy to play against bots out of the box and it's just a solid all-round package at least if you play casually like me. Also it's TINY on the hard disk and doesn't need big updates.

I actually fired it up because I was watching this War Owl video and he was bringing up some awesome classic maps and I wanted to quickly have a run around on them to see if I was remembering them correctly!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPuLPziQ19A

I've spent a long time on 1.6, CZ and GO. Much less on Source but still enough to have some idea what it's like!

Also I've been learning just now that ADHD (which I test sky high for) involves a less active prefrontal cortex and most people's only finishes maturing at 25. So maybe this explains my somewhat juvenile personality '-'

@NihilisticSoul @IceStorm

I was playing Condition Zero. XD

I like CZ because it's super easy to play against bots out of the box and it's just a solid all-round package at least if you play casually like me. Also it's TINY on the hard disk and doesn't need big updates.

I actually fired it up because I was watching this War Owl video and he was bringing up some awesome classic maps and I wanted to quickly have a run around on them to see if I was remembering them correctly!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPuLPziQ19A

I've spent a long time on 1.6, CZ and GO. Much less on Source but still enough to have some idea what it's like!

Also I've been learning just now that ADHD (which I test sky high for) involves a less active prefrontal cortex and most people's only finishes maturing at 25. So maybe this explains my somewhat juvenile personality '-'

I only played CSGO, i tried to play online but i have a shitty laptop and the userbase is cancer so i playd against bots which was actually kinda fun tbh.

Also since u have ADHD do you have issues listening to music.

I only played CSGO, i tried to play online but i have a shitty laptop and the userbase is cancer so i playd against bots which was actually kinda fun tbh.

Also since u have ADHD do you have issues listening to music.

Hm what kind of issues? I listen to a lot of music but I do tend to get impatient during longer songs like over 6 minutes, say.

So I was sitting here playing some Counter-Strike... which is a game I used to play with friends when I was a teenager. I don't play it super often.

But it occurs to me that games like this... maybe look juvenile? I couldn't fully work out why. The best conclusion I can come up with is that action games tend to have younger playerbases. When people get older they tend to play slower-paced games, if any.

Is that right?
I gotta go pp, mang

Hm what kind of issues? I listen to a lot of music but I do tend to get impatient during longer songs like over 6 minutes, say.
I don't think i have ADHD but for example

When i try too hard to get into some bands, i develop a kind of mental blockage to that paticular band, so no matter how much i try i cannot enjoy it even if i find the songs memorable and catchy, this usually happens when a band gets overhyped and i have big expectations. Shit is wierd ngl.

but typically if im able to enjoy a band after several listens then it is safe and i won't ever dislike it.

I play dayz hardcore survival namalsk only old people play it it's very hard and mature

I don't think i have ADHD but for example

When i try too hard to get into some bands, i develop a kind of mental blockage to that paticular band, so no matter how much i try i cannot enjoy it even if i find the songs memorable and catchy, this usually happens when a band gets overhyped and i have big expectations. Shit is wierd ngl.

but typically if im able to enjoy a band after several listens then it is safe and i won't ever dislike it.

Maybe... it's your own opinion differing a bit from the hype? Or maybe it's feeling bored of hearing about it, lol

Also I was just playing some more CS 1.6. I'm so glad I've learned about this ADHD / prefrontal cortex thing. It makes such sense now why I still like playing games like this but most people my age (or any age over 25 or 30 at a push) don't like it anymore.

my theory maybe due to decrease in t. you lose the urge to be dominant

Gaming in general tbh