Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do any of you remember “Swag” and “YOLO” or “Do u even lift bro?” from around a decade ago?

• Thread starter TheProphetMuscle
  • Start date
TheProphetMuscle

TheProphetMuscle

Big Papí
★★★★★
Like around 2012-13? I was never into that stuff but I remember hearing people saying it so much and all the internet memes. I saw an old YOLO sticker and it brought back so much nostalgia. Around the time I started high school and life was so much simpler and more hopeful. I had a couple nerd friends from school and my gaming pc. I can’t believe 10 years have already passed :fuk:

The first 2 yes, the other one no

Yes. To the point of it all being commercialized. It was always very bro culture so I never touched any of it. I was too busy living through Minecraft at the time anyway.

If you were near any travel destination economies, you might have seen all the shops prop up with swag and yolo tshirts, mugs and decorations.

Remember when you asked a foid out that tried to apply to this forum and then you got unmodded :feelskek:

Yep, I was in college around that time and those phrases were everywhere and bro culture was really big. Pretty sure they started out online and gradually hit normiebook where every dudebro in those extra chunky baseball caps from that era picked up on them.

hell yeah bruh i still say that shit i flood the sewer with it XD

Yeah I remember them. Was never too funny tbh, probably nostalgia kicking in.
I am not trying to insult you or rub salt to the wound, but did you get demodded over it or you resigned yourself?

I remember especially YOLO

That was only a few years after the EPIC FAIL and rage comic travesties. Now today online normie attention just gets hyperfocused on whatever the news media 2.0 is telling them.

Yeah I remember them. Was never too funny tbh, probably nostalgia kicking in.

I am not trying to insult you or rub salt to the wound, but did you get demodded over it or you resigned yourself?
I resigned due to a few problems on thhe site and problems it was causing for my personal life

That's the time when Zyzz was popular.

It was all retarded normie stuff so obv I stayed away from this :feelsjuice:

Third one yeah, in athleanx comment section.

Yes. I remember early adolescence well - Mother and I were forced to move in with my grandparents.

feels like yesterday tbh, time is convoluted

Yeah man I remember the whole swag "culture" with people wearing brands like Vans and Obey. Hoodies, tight jeans, sneakers (and skater shoes too) and snapback caps everywhere. It was a weird mix of hipster and streetwear subcultures. I remember the loners like me thought that popular kids dressing like that looked ridiculous kek. Also this funny and based meme:
thumb_559ca11d17641-3676534566.jpeg

Last edited:
How about "fake and gay" I haven't seen that in years

Like around 2012-13? I was never into that stuff but I remember hearing people saying it so much and all the internet memes. I saw an old YOLO sticker and it brought back so much nostalgia. Around the time I started high school and life was so much simpler and more hopeful. I had a couple nerd friends from school and my gaming pc. I can’t believe 10 years have already passed :fuk:
Give me a new prophecy

Imagine still going there jfl.
It got ruined but still better any other big soycial media alternative.
I'm open to recommendations for imageboards that are faster than a few posts a day.