Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion: Does ATLA(Avatar the Last Airbender)Count?

DarkStar

DarkStar

nevER lose your smile⚡︎⚡︎
★★★★★
There's some debate about wether or not this show counts as an anime or not online.

It was made by an American company iirc, so under the literal definition I don't imagine it would: However, it also has a very clear anime art-style to it, and somewhat follows the general story-pattern many do.

What's your guys takes?

@Ron.Belgrade @PersonalityChad @SubhumanGamer @KillNiggers @niggers @WØLF @To koniec @Riinku

There's some debate about wether or not this show counts as an anime or not online.

It was made by an American company iirc, so under the literal definition I don't imagine it would: However, it also has a very clear anime art-style to it, and somewhat follows the general story-pattern many do.

What's your guys takes?

Cartoon with an anime artstyle

Show meant to be an american anime. It has all the weeb shit you can find in a shonen. Weebcels deny it to be an anime cause it wasn't made by japs :feelsjuice:

@Ron.Belgrade @PersonalityChad @SubhumanGamer @KillNiggers @niggers @WØLF @To koniec @Riinku
It's anime-inspired but that's it. It's not anime.

Not an anime.

It's an American anime but most weebs wouldn't consider it as an anime. They don't even consider Pokémon as one jfl.

It's an American anime but most weebs wouldn't consider it as an anime. They don't even consider Pokémon as one jfl.
Damn bro, Pokemon is like the most anime that is animeish.

It's type of story very similiar to FMA ( Full Metal Alchemist ) which is about ''life wisdoms'' or quotable wisdoms of some old prick

It's anime. Mods are retarded if they take this down or say otherwise

Anime translates to cartoon so I guess yes?

tbh it doesn't look like anime, yes it has some similarities in the art style but still, most anime is distinct from what we see there. This is what I imagine when i hear the word:

WallJobs OnePiece

a compete buffoonery. Characters look different, coloring is different, etc. It's just different aesthetic.

its close enough, there shouldnt be strict guidelines

It wasn't created by a Japanese company so it doesn't fit the bill for being labeled as 'anime'

Imo it's not, as the way it's directed it's different from majority of anime.

I just realized, none of the anime sites I know have Avatar in them.

It's not considered anime under western definitions

Anime wouldn't be made without Mickey Mouse that was used as an isnpiration so any cartoon can be called anime :bigbrain:

It wasn't created by a Japanese company so it doesn't fit the bill for being labeled as 'anime'

Anime (Japanese: アニメ, IPA: [aꜜɲime] ) is hand-drawn and computer-generated animation originating from Japan. Outside Japan and in English, anime refers specifically to animation produced in Japan

However, in Japan and Japanese, anime (a term derived from a shortening of the English word animation) describes all animated works, regardless of style or origin