Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

did anyone else make themselves stupid to fit in?

Deleted member 60

Deleted member 60

-
I was really smart as a kid, usually the top student in all my classes. But my older brother and the retards at school started calling me a nerd so I dumbed myself down over the years. I regret it now. I could have been making good money today if I kept my passion for learning. Oh well

Yes. Same here. Aint life grand

No. I was always dumb.

Weedpill till you forget which way is up

I graduated from Highschool with top tier grades without putting in a lot of effort but inceldom destroyed any further drive and ambition.

i dont consider myself to be high iq, but the things that i like to talk about are seen as weird by most people. sometimes i just want to express some of my feelings regarding life and how awe inspiring some things can be but i'm always met with silence. the only person that i hang out with socially every few months or so only likes to talk about anime and videogames - me bringing up literally anything other topic is a guarantee that he'll give me a short dismissive response. it's not even as if i particularly care about anime or videogames, i just humor him so we can have an ok time.

It was the exact opposite in my case. I was a very stupid kid and needed a long time to understand sth. and solve common tasks. At some point, I tried to overcome it increasing my performance in school a lot. Sadly, you can't really enhance your fluid intelligence. I am studying CS and need a very long time to grasp simple concepts, I am not even sure I can work in this industry since it is very hasty.
I wish I just applied for a simple job after school. This shit just makes me want to rope.

Yes. I have the exact same regret.

Yes, now I'm known as the stupid guy in our friend group. Yet the tyrones and Chad's in our group are always wrong but never get that stigma

i've always been low iq :feelscry:

I was good at math but that’s it.

Typical kid with Aspergers.

no, why lower myself like that? being a basic bitch (male or female) is an infuriating concept.

Yes, I've had to normify myself as to not get fired from work, I got called in by my manager and talked to for being "antisocial" so now whenever my coworkers talk about Sir Chad getting married or something I have to smile and nod.

Yes, I've had to normify myself as to not get fired from work, I got called in by my manager and talked to for being "antisocial" so now whenever my coworkers talk about Sir Chad getting married or something I have to smile and nod.

being a smart kid is useless for later on in life if u ugly

I don't know If I play dumb but I heard if there's a 20 IQ differential between you and someone else its really unlikely you'll be able fit in with them. Really depends who I'm hanging with, If it's someone I barely know I'll avoid bringing up obscure shit and kind of just let them steer the conversation. If people start talking about sports and shit I'll just completely check out of the conversation and just nod my head.

I got bad grades but the army recruiters said I scored top 3% on their logics test.
Should have joined the army tbh.

Yeah I've had to stupidmaxx to fit into certain groups not that i'm that smart to begin with, probly below average if i'm being honest with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back