Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Deaths of high paid athletes during sporting events-- Tragic?

unique_freak

unique_freak

43 years old and lifetime dateless
★★★★★
After it was announced that Dale Earnhardt Sr. died in a wreck in the Daytona 500 in 2001, everyone who mentioned it acted as though it was a horrible tragedy. When boxer Beethoven Scotland collapsed during a boxing match and later died during the boxing program I was watching on tv in 2001, the commentators acted as though it was a horrible tragedy. Commentators Max Kellerman refused to do any further boxing commentary for the duration of the show. Dale Earnhardt was a multimillionaire who was participating in NASCAR races to make millions of dollars. Beethoven Scottland was boxing for a lot of money too. Both NASCAR racing and professional boxing are obviously so dangerous that they could be characterized as deadly. Hundreds of automobile race car drivers had died in auto racing before Dale Earnhardt. Tony Roper, Kenny Irwin, and Adam Petty had all died in automobile crashes while racing or practicing on NASCAR race tracks less than a year before Dale Earnhardt's death . It is common knowledge in the boxing community that hundreds of boxers have died from injuries sustained in boxing matches. Dale Earnhardt Sr., Beethoven Scotland, and other highly paid athletes that die from boxing matches or automobile races did not die in an attempt to rescue others. They just died while trying to make a lot of money.

Statements made by the WWF wrestler Mick Foley struck a nerve with me in a similar vein, even though Mick Foley didn't die. I was watching a documentary about professional wrestling on youtube. I believe that the documentary I was watching is titled Beyond the Mat. Mick Foley has done all sorts of damage to his body in professional wrestling. Mick Foley has been supplexed from the tops of steel cages onto the wrestling mat. Mick Foley has been body slammed onto a bunch of thumb tacks. Mick Foley has been hit very hard in the head many times. Why is Mick Foley willing to do this damage to his body in professional wrestling? Because it gets Foley fame and fortune. If Mick Foley was not willing to do all this damage to his body, he never would have been hired by the WWF. The damage that Mick Foley is willing to have done to his body is what separates Mick Foley from hundreds of other aspiring professional wrestlers who would love to have his job. The narrator of this documentary said that Mick Foley has an income in the "high six figures". This documentary was made circa 1997. The high six figures means an income of over half a million dollars a year. So half a million back then would be the equivalent to approximately a million dollars a year today. Mick Foley made at least 10X the median income of Americans in professional wrestling, and probably closer to 20X the median income. In Beyond the Mat, the documentary shows the wrestler The Rock hitting Mick Foley in the head really hard during a wrestling match. I believe Mick Foley had to get stitches to his head due to the blows from the chair. In an interview for the documentary shortly after the match, Mick Foley said that the Rock did not seem upset that Mick Foley got hurt. Mick Foley said "I didn't see any real concern in his eyes. If I had been the one wielding the chair, I would have followed the guy I hit with the chair to the clinic or something and I would have been concerned. I wish I hadn't given my body to someone who didn't care."-----LOL Mick Foley was acting like he was some victim. Mick Foley WANTED to get beat in the head with a chair to make an income at least 10X higher than the average American at the time. I see it just like The Rock did. Why the hell should The Rock start crying that Mick Foley got hurt?

Getting back to athletes who die in sporting events: to me, it is tragic when a person dies from circumstances that they had no control over. I.e. it is tragic when a young person dies of cancer or a disease.

To me, it is tragic a person dies from attempting to save others. I.e. it is tragic when a police officer gets shot and killed while attempting to arrest a rapist, even though the police officer knew he was jeopardizing his life.

The highly paid athletes in deadly sports could just get safer, normal jobs that pay middle class incomes.

If you don't want to die, don't do deadly things.

When millionaire automobile racers or professional boxers die from participating in deadly sports, why should I start crying?

Last edited:
Some person in a third world country working for pennies could say the same thing if you were to die. Why should he feels sympathy for you when you made x10 his salary?
People feel bad because either way it's a human life taken away.

Some person in a third world country working for pennies could say the same thing if you were to die. Why should he feels sympathy for you when you made x10 his salary?

I don't do deadly things.

Mick Foley wanted The Rock to beat him in the head with a chair so he could make 10X the median income. Why should The Rock start crying that Mick Foley got hurt?

Forget about athletes who die in sporting events.

What do you people think about the comments I wrote about Mick Foley?