Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Catholics, have you ever been in a confessional box?

A

AutisticBeast

31yo KHV
-
I used to have to go to confess my sins to the priest in the confessional box and it was a very strange thing, you would kneel down and you would be face to face with the priest but there was a wooden thing separating you so could only hear their voice. I used to make up some normal thing like I was using swear words or hitting my siblings. The priest would said that I was "absolved from my sins" and he would tell me to say four Hail Mary's.

I haven't been in probably 12 years but I wonder what the priest would say if I went in and confessed to admiring mass shooters like Cho and ER? I wonder how many Hail Mary's I would need to say.

If you are truly regretting them , you are forgiven
Otherwise you are just trying to impress a random priest

No and I would have no idea what to confess

Yeah I’ve been there a few times a while back. I used to be concerned about what they’ll think.

I don’t do confession to a priest anymore. I just say a prayer to God. God won’t send you to hell because you didn’t see a Catholic priest about your sins.

As long as you’ve accepted Jesus as saviour and repent of your sins, you’re good.

No; my church didn't have one, people would just sit with the priest a ways off in another set of pews, maybe because the parish thought parents would be afraid of their kids getting molested otherwise.

Nun

I confessed my sins to a nun inside one