Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory [Careermaxx] Tinder style LinkedIn expriment (how to get a job)

Total Imbecile

Total Imbecile

Honorary ethnic
★★★★★
Found this guy on reddit:

First I created a fake LinkedIn profile, and turned on job interests for every city I was willing to live in so recruiters could find me. Initially this was just to troll recruiters by parodying your typical millennial yuppie.

J8dQEi7.png

The recruiters came almost instantly. I was averaging about 6-10 a day and they all looked like this. It was like being a hot blonde sorority slut on Tinder. About half the jobs were from famous companies like Apple, Facebook etc. The other half were from startups or east coast financial firms looking for engineers or machine learning or whatever.

puCtW4D.png

I had no interest in working for Facebook, but this guy messaged me relentlessly once a week for almost 3 months. After that he gave up and another guy from Facebook continued where he left off. I ignored them both much like a guy in the friend zone.

hXbDoEZ.png

I soon developed an ingenious way to turn this troll account into something productive. I only did this with the jobs I was interested in. The ficticous acount would fake a familly emergency, and recommend his "friend" (me) who was "highly competent".

PX9EFMc.png

As you can see it was very effective. I was basically just copy pasting the same story and only changing the Hi ____, for the recruiters name.

n9RvFgM.png

I would always ignore them for a little bit, just to get them desperate.

uQ2MGBE.png

They were always interested in interviewing me even though my resume was just average, and nowhere near my alias' level of posturing. I guess since they believed my alias was real, they stamp of approval really went a long way.

IIkHHhJ.png

They would always contact me immediately and set up the first round of interviews.

nVsJZh2.png

Most of the time I wouldn't even need to apply, they would bend over backwards for me and I would never have to actually apply for any of the jobs.

WU9W8D4.png

More tips from the guy:

1. If you aren't hot shit at posturing (big name schools and big name companies already on resume) don't waste time applying to well known companies. They will never read it and even if they do they'll take forever and you'll have to deal with HR bullshit and shit salary. Go for lesser known startups that have gotten a lot of funding. They won't have many applicants because people don't know about them and usually won't have an HR department which means your resume will be read by engineers. They will probably contract their HR services to an online service just for payroll and signed documents. You can find them by googling top startups with funding in [city name] or looking on AngelList, CrunchBase or whatever.

2. Create a fake LinkedIn account with outstanding credentials. Ex: MIT double major summa cum laude engineering + Stanford PhD working at Google as Principal Engineer with internships at all the big name companies. You'll get more attention on LinkedIn from recruiters than a hot blonde sorority slut with double Ds on Tinder from desperate men. When you find a job that looks interesting, simply say "I'm sorry I can't take this job because [insert excuse here], but I have a good friend (you) that is a good fit for this job. [sell yourself more here]" Usually they'll contact you immediately (as long as your resume isn't garbage) since recruiters are idiots and desperate for their commission and you the stamp of approval from a hot shot. It's up to you from there.

3. On your resume on the bottom line in white 2pt font put a ton of key words. Ex "MIT Stanford Google machine learning Tensor Flow neural net Microsoft" etc.

4. Exaggerate your resume as much as possible. Lie about everything that they cannot verify, including dates of employment. Put all competing services/technologies on there. For example if you write AWS experience, you need to also put Azure and GCP. If you write AngularJS you also need to write React.JS etc. Some companies are really shallow and reject you if you haven't used a specific service. I got an offer reneged by mother fucking Microsoft because I had AWS, GCP but not their shitty Azure service on my resume.

5. Don't ever put GPA on resume, I've seen 3.7s get rejected for being too low. Most time they won't even ask if you don't bring it up, especially if you've had a job after graduating. I have a low 2.0 and nobody has ever asked because I lied using the method in tips 6 and 7.

6. If you are a new grad do not ever admit to being one. Nobody wants new grads. NOBODY. Lie about a position like I mention in the next tip. Avoid the rat race and separate yourself from the mob of unemployed college students by not writing you dates of attendance. They will just assume (incorrectly) that you graduated the year of your first job on your resume. Don't correct them.

7. If you have a gap in your resume invent a "startup" by making a semi-legit website for it and claim to be an employee. Use friends as references. If you have no friends get a burner phone or google voice #.

8. Always say YES to questions like "do you know/have you used [service or technology]". Learn it later. Again lots of companies, their employees are really shallow.

9. NEVER fall into HR trap questions. "What are your salary expectations?" Do not under any circumstances answer this. It's just like when a girl asks how many women you've been with. Too much and you're a man whore, too few and you're desperate. Salary is same way, too high and they'll think they can't afford you and reject, too little and they'll think you're desperate so they'll think you have trouble finding a job. Instead lie about not knowing what living costs will be in that area or any excuse to dodge the question. Do not ever admit to being unemployed. If you can't make up a job like I stated above say you were traveling, working in another country (hard to verify small companies in foreign countries don't do this for Microsoft or Google for example), or in a fucking coma. HR people think they're slick because they have a BS degree in sociology or whatever but it's really easy to tell if they're leading you into a trap.

10. Remember, interviews are like auditioning for a movie, you need to rehearse your exaggerated lies like a fucking script and deliver an Oscar worthy performance.

Thank you. I find this useful

Extremely useful and high IQ thread.

Thank you. I find this useful
It's funny because Ben could Annihilate Gwen. Like He COULD DESTROY HER INNOCENCE.

Any violent or other harmful sympathies coming from this account are coming from a point of satire and does not reflect exactly what the own of this account is thinking.

Meh

I rather lay down and rest than wagecuckmaxxing

All that for a stupid job I can learn in 1 day

All that for a stupid job I can learn in 1 day
In 20 minutes most probably. But again, it's not about how hard it is, it's about how good you look for ppl working with you and the company public image.

NEET advice, buddy boy

Great STUFF!

I can see the value of such a game...

The "validation" is strong.

Good shit.

Careerfishing gonna be the next wave.

Pretty good, but how do you start connecting with people with a fresh account? It'll be weird that you have years of experience yet no significant links.

Pretty good, but how do you start connecting with people with a fresh account? It'll be weird that you have years of experience yet no significant links.
probably can use excuse that didn't make LinkedIn till recently as didn't feel necessary

Actually pretty interesting read

Good shit.

Careerfishing gonna be the next wave.
stemcelfishing :feelskek:

seriously though this is extremely high IQ ngl

also JFL at that curry in charge of google maps. imagine being a currycel and working hard to make sure stacy can find her way to chad's house :feelsseriously:

Nice guide, thanks for sharing. I’m content at my current job for now but I will certainly lie a lot more on my next resume when I’m looking again.

i wish i was smart in this way

very interesting experiment
nice thread tbh
so the guy in question does exist?
because a simple google search would bring this whole experiment down
imagine being this qualified and not returning a single result on google, google scholar, research gate, etc
never thought FAANG recruiters would be so fucking dumb to not check for frauds, like try to find something concrete about your past projects, scientific research, get in contact with your alma mater to check if the info provided is indeed true...
thought about that too, if those recruiters were a bit smarter they would've found his lack of connections a bit suspicious

Last edited:
imagine being this qualified and not returning a single result on google, google scholar, research gate, etc
never thought FAANG recruiters would be so fucking dumb to not check for frauds, like try to find something concrete about your past projects, scientific research, get in contact with your alma mater to check if the info provided is indeed true...
Recuiters just want commisions and can't be bothered to check every single person. They just assume they are legit and go on with their lives. It's a good analogy of how people just don't think about anything and take things for granted (water, electricity, etc.)
thought about that too, if those recruiters were a bit smarter they would've found his lack of connections a bit suspicious
I was thinking that a good excuse could be "I'm opening myself to exciting opportunities and projects to move and work, this is my passion"... you know, kind of a virtuoso persona

Recuiters just want commisions and can't be bothered to check every single person. They just assume they are legit and go on with their lives. It's a good analogy of how people just don't think about anything and take things for granted (water, electricity, etc.)
it makes sense ngl
the ones who kept bothering him for months are still dumb though, imagine chasing after the same guy for months, but not even bother to do a simple google search

I was thinking that a good excuse could be "I'm opening myself to exciting opportunities and projects to move and work, this is my passion"... you know, kind of a virtuoso persona
nice one tbh :feelskek:
OP is lowinhib af tbh, I'd be too scared someone would find out about my LARP
I wouldn't be able to keep LARPing like this for months

it makes sense ngl
the ones who kept bothering him for months are still dumb though, imagine chasing after the same guy for months, but not even bother to do a simple google search
It's the same with chadfish, you just assume what you are seeing is what you get due to past experiences. It's much rarer to catfish in tinder due to the risks involved, but if you can pull it off like OP did, that's a great way to get a foot inside the door when you are a nobody.
nice one tbh :feelskek:
OP is lowinhib af tbh, I'd be too scared someone would find out about my LARP
I wouldn't be able to keep LARPing like this for months
Yeah it's scary, but I don't think much would happen unless they knew who you were IRL.

I think you underestimate how desperate indian recruiters are

Sure down the line you will get exposed but you dont care because you never actually interview, you recommend your real self to them

And even if one exposes his profile, as long as there are thirsty recruiters falling for it it doesnt matter

Its like all thouse guys who realize your just a catfish, you ignore them and focus on everyone else who falls for it

If only I was NT I could use this.

I think you underestimate how desperate indian recruiters are

Sure down the line you will get exposed but you dont care because you never actually interview, you recommend your real self to them

And even if one exposes his profile, as long as there are thirsty recruiters falling for it it doesnt matter

Its like all thouse guys who realize your just a catfish, you ignore them and focus on everyone else who falls for it
you're right tbh... I'm underestimating their indian thirst for Ivy Leaguers
so any progress with the job search?
How did the interview go? any luck so far?

you're right tbh... I'm underestimating their indian thirst for Ivy Leaguers
so any progress with the job search?
How did the interview go? any luck so far?

Have 2 more interviews schedules for next week, well see

If this was Tinder style you'd just use a chad pic and have no qualifications.

@AllanKing maybe intersting for you

extremely high IQ

Bravo, this IT bubble seems more like a scam (which it is) each fucking day, holy shit :feelshaha:

First I created a fake LinkedIn profile, and turned on job interests for every city I was willing to live in so recruiters could find me. Initially this was just to troll recruiters by parodying your typical millennial yuppie.

J8dQEi7.png

The recruiters came almost instantly. I was averaging about 6-10 a day and they all looked like this. It was like being a hot blonde sorority slut on Tinder. About half the jobs were from famous companies like Apple, Facebook etc. The other half were from startups or east coast financial firms looking for engineers or machine learning or whatever.

puCtW4D.png

I had no interest in working for Facebook, but this guy messaged me relentlessly once a week for almost 3 months. After that he gave up and another guy from Facebook continued where he left off. I ignored them both much like a guy in the friend zone.

hXbDoEZ.png

I soon developed an ingenious way to turn this troll account into something productive. I only did this with the jobs I was interested in. The ficticous acount would fake a familly emergency, and recommend his "friend" (me) who was "highly competent".

PX9EFMc.png

As you can see it was very effective. I was basically just copy pasting the same story and only changing the Hi ____, for the recruiters name.

n9RvFgM.png

I would always ignore them for a little bit, just to get them desperate.

uQ2MGBE.png

They were always interested in interviewing me even though my resume was just average, and nowhere near my alias' level of posturing. I guess since they believed my alias was real, they stamp of approval really went a long way.

IIkHHhJ.png

They would always contact me immediately and set up the first round of interviews.

nVsJZh2.png

Most of the time I wouldn't even need to apply, they would bend over backwards for me and I would never have to actually apply for any of the jobs.

WU9W8D4.png

More tips from the guy:

1. If you aren't hot shit at posturing (big name schools and big name companies already on resume) don't waste time applying to well known companies. They will never read it and even if they do they'll take forever and you'll have to deal with HR bullshit and shit salary. Go for lesser known startups that have gotten a lot of funding. They won't have many applicants because people don't know about them and usually won't have an HR department which means your resume will be read by engineers. They will probably contract their HR services to an online service just for payroll and signed documents. You can find them by googling top startups with funding in [city name] or looking on AngelList, CrunchBase or whatever.

2. Create a fake LinkedIn account with outstanding credentials. Ex: MIT double major summa cum laude engineering + Stanford PhD working at Google as Principal Engineer with internships at all the big name companies. You'll get more attention on LinkedIn from recruiters than a hot blonde sorority slut with double Ds on Tinder from desperate men. When you find a job that looks interesting, simply say "I'm sorry I can't take this job because [insert excuse here], but I have a good friend (you) that is a good fit for this job. [sell yourself more here]" Usually they'll contact you immediately (as long as your resume isn't garbage) since recruiters are idiots and desperate for their commission and you the stamp of approval from a hot shot. It's up to you from there.

3. On your resume on the bottom line in white 2pt font put a ton of key words. Ex "MIT Stanford Google machine learning Tensor Flow neural net Microsoft" etc.

4. Exaggerate your resume as much as possible. Lie about everything that they cannot verify, including dates of employment. Put all competing services/technologies on there. For example if you write AWS experience, you need to also put Azure and GCP. If you write AngularJS you also need to write React.JS etc. Some companies are really shallow and reject you if you haven't used a specific service. I got an offer reneged by mother fucking Microsoft because I had AWS, GCP but not their shitty Azure service on my resume.

5. Don't ever put GPA on resume, I've seen 3.7s get rejected for being too low. Most time they won't even ask if you don't bring it up, especially if you've had a job after graduating. I have a low 2.0 and nobody has ever asked because I lied using the method in tips 6 and 7.

6. If you are a new grad do not ever admit to being one. Nobody wants new grads. NOBODY. Lie about a position like I mention in the next tip. Avoid the rat race and separate yourself from the mob of unemployed college students by not writing you dates of attendance. They will just assume (incorrectly) that you graduated the year of your first job on your resume. Don't correct them.

7. If you have a gap in your resume invent a "startup" by making a semi-legit website for it and claim to be an employee. Use friends as references. If you have no friends get a burner phone or google voice #.

8. Always say YES to questions like "do you know/have you used [service or technology]". Learn it later. Again lots of companies, their employees are really shallow.

9. NEVER fall into HR trap questions. "What are your salary expectations?" Do not under any circumstances answer this. It's just like when a girl asks how many women you've been with. Too much and you're a man whore, too few and you're desperate. Salary is same way, too high and they'll think they can't afford you and reject, too little and they'll think you're desperate so they'll think you have trouble finding a job. Instead lie about not knowing what living costs will be in that area or any excuse to dodge the question. Do not ever admit to being unemployed. If you can't make up a job like I stated above say you were traveling, working in another country (hard to verify small companies in foreign countries don't do this for Microsoft or Google for example), or in a fucking coma. HR people think they're slick because they have a BS degree in sociology or whatever but it's really easy to tell if they're leading you into a trap.

10. Remember, interviews are like auditioning for a movie, you need to rehearse your exaggerated lies like a fucking script and deliver an Oscar worthy performance.
bump, anyone try this jfl