Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Can't fucking get to sleep again tonight

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
Couldn't get to sleep last night, and wound up spending the entire night tossing and turning without a wink of sleep. Now it's happening again. Last night, I figure it's becasue of my anxiety over having to take a drug test for my new job, that I'm not sure I'll pass. Now, I don't know. Probably anxiety over whether or not I'll pass. And anxiety over starting a new job. And returning to school next week. And maybe also because I got called in to work at my current shitty job tomorrow, even though I'm not supposed to work Fridays, and don't want to work Fridays (evenings). I also happen to be in a depressive slump right now, and can't stop thinking about my inceldom; I lay down, and my brain keeps running through stupid scenarios where I meet a girl somehow, and she shows interest in me, and things sort of take off from there in a hazy, lack-of-detail kind of way. I don't know how to shut it down, and keep these stupid thoughts out of my head so I can sleep! :feelsohgod:

And the worst part is that weed is the only thing that helps me sleep, but I can't take it right now, in case they want me to do a redo of the drug test. :fuk: What am I supposed to do? I don't want to go two nights in a row with zero sleep, the exhaustion is torture, especially when I have to go in to work tomorrow. And I can't drink coffee or energy drinks, either, because caffeine fucks up my system. At most, I can have one Mountain Dew a day, maybe two if I feel like pushing my luck. :fuk:

Codeine dat drank nigguh
No. I'm not using that drug, and I couldn't get my hands on it, anyway, even if I wanted it, which I don't. It's gotta be an OTC solution, and not melatonin: I've tried that, and it doesn't work for me.

It's an incel trait, I can't seem to sleep well too.

It's an incel trait, I can't seem to sleep well too.
I've been struggling with insomnia my whole life, though, long before I was rejected by girls. The earliest memory I have of being unable to get to sleep was from around third grade, I think.

I fucking hate this shit. It's bad enough being incel; having to deal with crap like this on top of it just isn't fair. :fuk:

Do you have a solution to it? Weed works for me, but I have to abstain from it due to new employment, and melatonin has never worked for me. :fuk:

Do you have a solution to it? Weed works for me, but I have to abstain from it due to new employment, and melatonin has never worked for me. :fuk:
I don't have one. It's mainly the itch that keeps me up, it's winter here and my body can't seem to get used to it.

I don't have one. It's mainly the itch that keeps me up, it's winter here and my body can't seem to get used to it.
I was prescribed an antidepressant once that didn't have the positive effects it was supposed to, but it gave me a really bad case of hives; my skin was on fire. Shit kept me up all night scratching, couldn't get to sleep. Actually, my skin's pretty itchy right now, too. This winter has been brutal, due to all the wild temperature swings.

I was prescribed an antidepressant once that didn't have the positive effects it was supposed to, but it gave me a really bad case of hives; my skin was on fire. Shit kept me up all night scratching, couldn't get to sleep. Actually, my skin's pretty itchy right now, too. This winter has been brutal, due to all the wild temperature swings.
An ((((antidepressant))), if we had normal lives we wouldn't need to be prescribed any form of pills.

Couldn't get to sleep last night, and wound up spending the entire night tossing and turning without a wink of sleep. Now it's happening again. Last night, I figure it's becasue of my anxiety over having to take a drug test for my new job, that I'm not sure I'll pass. Now, I don't know. Probably anxiety over whether or not I'll pass. And anxiety over starting a new job. And returning to school next week. And maybe also because I got called in to work at my current shitty job tomorrow, even though I'm not supposed to work Fridays, and don't want to work Fridays (evenings). I also happen to be in a depressive slump right now, and can't stop thinking about my inceldom; I lay down, and my brain keeps running through stupid scenarios where I meet a girl somehow, and she shows interest in me, and things sort of take off from there in a hazy, lack-of-detail kind of way. I don't know how to shut it down, and keep these stupid thoughts out of my head so I can sleep! :feelsohgod:

And the worst part is that weed is the only thing that helps me sleep, but I can't take it right now, in case they want me to do a redo of the drug test. :fuk: What am I supposed to do? I don't want to go two nights in a row with zero sleep, the exhaustion is torture, especially when I have to go in to work tomorrow. And I can't drink coffee or energy drinks, either, because caffeine fucks up my system. At most, I can have one Mountain Dew a day, maybe two if I feel like pushing my luck. :fuk:
Dealt with the same thing two and a half years ago. I understand what you're feeling. It's maddening.

Consider contacting a doctor, ask them to prescribe you with a drug called trazadone or another called remeron. They're antidepressants that are incredibly effective for insomnia. They saved my soul.

An ((((antidepressant))), if we had normal lives we wouldn't need to be prescribed any form of pills.
That's fuckin' true. The only reason we have these problems is because of the way other people have treated us.

Dealt with the same thing two and a half years ago. I understand what you're feeling. It's maddening.

Consider contacting a doctor, ask them to prescribe you with a drug called trazadone or another called remeron. They're antidepressants that are incredibly effective for insomnia. They saved my soul.
I'll write those down and ask when I can, but I can't do that right now: I don't currently have health insurance coverage, and can't afford any bills or fees. My income dropped so low I have to get federal coverage, and it's slow and painful as shit to get the coverage I need. :feelsUgh:

I'll write those down and ask when I can, but I can't do that right now: I don't currently have health insurance coverage, and can't afford any bills or fees. My income dropped so low I have to get federal coverage, and it's slow and painful as shit to get the coverage I need. :feelsUgh:
Damn, that's hard. I really feel for you. Perhaps taking a break from work will help? Job anxiety might be contributing.

Damn, that's hard. I really feel for you. Perhaps taking a break from work will help? Job anxiety might be contributing.
I haven't started my new job, yet, so I'm not working too much right now. It's just the anxiety from so many different things piling up all at once.

I haven't started my new job, yet, so I'm not working too much right now. It's just the anxiety from so many different things piling up all at once.
I'm sorry about that. Hope things improve, I know the feeling, it's terrifying. I'm in your corner.

I always get really depressed and anxious at nights. When I try to sleep I think of all the mistakes I did in the past, and the problems that await me in the future.

Purchase a good quality sleep mask. That will do the trick.

I always get really depressed and anxious at nights. When I try to sleep I think of all the mistakes I did in the past, and the problems that await me in the future.
Yeah, sometimes my brain gets stuck in a loop, and I can't seem to shut it off.

Purchase a good quality sleep mask. That will do the trick.
How's that supposed to help? I have breathing problems, covering my face is the last thing I want to do, especially when getting into bed.

Well you start a new job soon so you can put your other job in a coffin

IT
How's that supposed to help? I have breathing problems, covering my face is the last thing I want to do, especially when getting into bed.i

it can work just trust me

Get high or drunk, maybe both, Chico

Go for a jog. Just exhaust yourself.

Go for a jog. Just exhaust yourself.
Or workout? Although, I'm pretty sure I can get to sleep tonight; I doubt insomnia would hit three nights in a row. Plus, I'm pretty drunk right now, I'm sure alcohol can do its job, soon enough. :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Try taking a magnesium pill before bed. For being a basic mineral it really helps you sleep; especially when you are restless and full of anxiety. Works well for me.

Try taking a magnesium pill before bed. For being a basic mineral it really helps you sleep; especially when you are restless and full of anxiety. Works well for me.
I was just recommended that earlier. I'm still looking into it.

I was just recommended that earlier. I'm still looking into it.
Works great for me. Some nights I can’t fall asleep, I feel anxious and my legs are all twitchy and such. Pop a magnesium and can usually fall asleep quickly.

Works great for me. Some nights I can’t fall asleep, I feel anxious and my legs are all twitchy and such. Pop a magnesium and can usually fall asleep quickly.
I was very skeptical with one person recommending it, but now that two people have recommended it completely separate from each other, I'm definitely inclined to giving it a try.

I was very skeptical with one person recommending it, but now that two people have recommended it completely separate from each other, I'm definitely inclined to giving it a try.
Good thing about it is it’s just a mineral out bodies need anyway. It’s not like it’s a drug.

Good thing about it is it’s just a mineral out bodies need anyway. It’s not like it’s a drug.
Just can't shake the feeling it's too good to be true.