Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Can people with siblings be NEET?

What is your sibling and NEET status?

• Only child — NEET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only child — non-NEET

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Has siblings — NEET

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Has siblings — non-NEET

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PoodankMcGee

PoodankMcGee

Crohn's/ostomycel
★★
Just a question I thought of while chatting on the IRC. I was wondering whether it's easier to be a NEET when you're an only child, since the parents have no other offspring, and hence the child would be less expendable and the parents would be more accepting of NEETdom. Those of you who are NEETs with siblings, do your parents often compare you to your more successful siblings?

if you are a only child NEET I don’t understand why the parents haven’t killed you or themselves

if you are a only child NEET I don’t understand why the parents haven’t killed you or themselves
Nah I'm actually a unicel rn.

Nah I'm actually a unicel rn.
I mean in general but i guess it’s because their parents really love you, id imagine it would be your parents constantly arguing with you about your situation

I mean in general but i guess it’s because their parents really love you, id imagine it would be your parents constantly arguing with you about your situation
Yeah that's a good point. My initial thought was that they would be less likely to actually kick out an only child because they would have no one else to care for them in old age or make grandchildren. But yeah I guess they would also hound an only child more since theyre the only hope.

i'm the only person in my nuclear and extended family that makes less than 6 figures.

My brother has high functioning autism, and is NEET as can be. It made it harder for my parents to accept my NEETdom. However, they've been alot more understanding lately, and I'll always be grateful for that.