Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal brutal thread about being 5foot from reddit

idk125

idk125

Paragon
★★★★★

Being rejected solely for being a short guy​

renderTimingPixel.png

I am ranting on behalf of my 5'4" friend, who has just been rejected by a girl he REALLY liked, because he was "too short" for her, but otherwise ticked all her boxes. Hearing his story really resonated with me and some struggles I went through a while back, so here I am, ranting about some of my experiences as a 5'5" guy in the world of dating.
So I am a man in my early 20s. I've never been in a relationship, and in recent months I personally have had no interest in being in one. I used to want to be in one, but never met the right person / nobody I liked ever liked me back, and eventually gave up/lost interest altogether in favour of launching my career as a chemist. All the dating sites were a bust too. Both in real life a couple of times, but ESPECIALLY on dating sites - ALL dating sites - tinder, POF, OkCupid and even Match.com, I found myself often getting rejected for one reason and one reason only before even being given a chance.
"Sorry, I only date tall guys."
I feel honesty is important, and so I never lied about my height on these dating sites. I figure if I pretend I'm even average height on my profile, and I actually DO go on a date with someone who is shallow enough to rule out anyone shorter than a certain height, I'm probably going to get rejected to my face or ghosted. Essentially by posting my true height I can weed out the shallow people and save myself some heartache further down the line.
But I just do not understand why SOOOO many people will not date a man who is 5'5". I mean, yeah, I get we're biologically attracted to height or whatever, but often I'm not even given a CHANCE.
I may be lacking in height, but I have so much more I can offer than can hopefully make up for that one attribute.
I do not know if it's just dating sites encouraging this kind of behaviour or if people really are that desperate to date a tall guy and short guys are automatically beta-males. I've been rejected a couple of times in real life for being short as well, so it must be a pretty dang strong biological draw to date a tall guy.
Maybe it's a society thing though. Tall = attractive. Short people are seen as stocky and angry or something like that. Maybe in this day and age it's embarrassing to be seen with a guy who is shorter, the same height or marginally taller than oneself.
I just do not know why people put a "minimum height" they want on their profile. So they will not accept anyone less than 6 feet. Will they accept 5'11"? Or 5'10"? Will they absolutely NOT accept anyone my height or even my height plus two inches? Do they not know how many AMAZING people out there they could be ruling out because they happen to be 5'7" or 5'4" or something??
Now with all this being said, I know we all have our deal-breakers. I definitely have a big one of my own. For me, smoking is a complete deal-breaker. I know I am ruling out lots of great people for the simple reason that they smoke... but I do think this is a little different. The smell of smoke REALLY bothers me, and I actually do care for my lungs (and I'm sometimes asthmatic too). Because I hate the smell, I'm already exposed to numerous carcinogens in my career as a chemist, and I'll be basically second-hand smoking a pack a day essentially, I cannot date smokers. Not to mention I'll have to watch them slowly kill themself every day and every square inch of them and the house would stink, and they'd make ME stink too.
But what's dating a short guy going to do to you? Dating a short guy will not give you cancer, make you stink, make the place stink or destroy your health second-hand. Okay, they can if they happen to be a horrible toxic person and the relationship is abusive, and they don't clean up after themselves. But you know who else can have those horrible characteristics? A hulky 6'4".
Height is actually so irrelevant when it comes to who that person is as a person. I can make up for my lack of height in SOOO many other ways. I've even had someone say to me "I would be all over your ass if you were taller man you're fucking perfect other than that". I've had other people say they don't want to date me because they feel I'm out of THEIR league (even if I actually really did fancy them myself). I am not tooting my own trumpet here, I am just relaying what people have actually said to me.
Who cares about who I am or what I've done when I'm only 5'5" and that's an immediate no-no.
Things like this is why I no longer bother with dating and would rather get on with launching my career.
Sorry, I just had to rant on behalf of my 5'4" friend who just got rejected for his height and it reminded me of all my experiences.

thats why u/throwaway50950341 roped and I will rope and go ER too

And I'm sure the comments are full of "there are so many women out there who would love you regardless of height".

Sure

Height is actually so irrelevant when it comes to who that person is as a person. I can make up for my lack of height in SOOO many other ways.
no you can't, most women don’t gor for short men because if they have short sons their genetic lines gonna die out. And also it goes back to the caveman times about protection from animals and other perpetrators.

So you can't cover up your short height with anything.

I wish I was atleast 6 feet.
Fuck you @Zhou Chang-Xing :feelsping::feelsping:

no you can't, most women don’t gor for short men because if they have short sons their genetic lines gonna die out. And also it goes back to the caveman times about protection from animals and other perpetrators.

So you can't cover up your short height with anything.
:feelstastyman:

Being rejected solely for being a short guy​

renderTimingPixel.png

I am ranting on behalf of my 5'4" friend, who has just been rejected by a girl he REALLY liked, because he was "too short" for her, but otherwise ticked all her boxes. Hearing his story really resonated with me and some struggles I went through a while back, so here I am, ranting about some of my experiences as a 5'5" guy in the world of dating.
So I am a man in my early 20s. I've never been in a relationship, and in recent months I personally have had no interest in being in one. I used to want to be in one, but never met the right person / nobody I liked ever liked me back, and eventually gave up/lost interest altogether in favour of launching my career as a chemist. All the dating sites were a bust too. Both in real life a couple of times, but ESPECIALLY on dating sites - ALL dating sites - tinder, POF, OkCupid and even Match.com, I found myself often getting rejected for one reason and one reason only before even being given a chance.
"Sorry, I only date tall guys."
I feel honesty is important, and so I never lied about my height on these dating sites. I figure if I pretend I'm even average height on my profile, and I actually DO go on a date with someone who is shallow enough to rule out anyone shorter than a certain height, I'm probably going to get rejected to my face or ghosted. Essentially by posting my true height I can weed out the shallow people and save myself some heartache further down the line.
But I just do not understand why SOOOO many people will not date a man who is 5'5". I mean, yeah, I get we're biologically attracted to height or whatever, but often I'm not even given a CHANCE.
I may be lacking in height, but I have so much more I can offer than can hopefully make up for that one attribute.
I do not know if it's just dating sites encouraging this kind of behaviour or if people really are that desperate to date a tall guy and short guys are automatically beta-males. I've been rejected a couple of times in real life for being short as well, so it must be a pretty dang strong biological draw to date a tall guy.
Maybe it's a society thing though. Tall = attractive. Short people are seen as stocky and angry or something like that. Maybe in this day and age it's embarrassing to be seen with a guy who is shorter, the same height or marginally taller than oneself.
I just do not know why people put a "minimum height" they want on their profile. So they will not accept anyone less than 6 feet. Will they accept 5'11"? Or 5'10"? Will they absolutely NOT accept anyone my height or even my height plus two inches? Do they not know how many AMAZING people out there they could be ruling out because they happen to be 5'7" or 5'4" or something??
Now with all this being said, I know we all have our deal-breakers. I definitely have a big one of my own. For me, smoking is a complete deal-breaker. I know I am ruling out lots of great people for the simple reason that they smoke... but I do think this is a little different. The smell of smoke REALLY bothers me, and I actually do care for my lungs (and I'm sometimes asthmatic too). Because I hate the smell, I'm already exposed to numerous carcinogens in my career as a chemist, and I'll be basically second-hand smoking a pack a day essentially, I cannot date smokers. Not to mention I'll have to watch them slowly kill themself every day and every square inch of them and the house would stink, and they'd make ME stink too.
But what's dating a short guy going to do to you? Dating a short guy will not give you cancer, make you stink, make the place stink or destroy your health second-hand. Okay, they can if they happen to be a horrible toxic person and the relationship is abusive, and they don't clean up after themselves. But you know who else can have those horrible characteristics? A hulky 6'4".
Height is actually so irrelevant when it comes to who that person is as a person. I can make up for my lack of height in SOOO many other ways. I've even had someone say to me "I would be all over your ass if you were taller man you're fucking perfect other than that". I've had other people say they don't want to date me because they feel I'm out of THEIR league (even if I actually really did fancy them myself). I am not tooting my own trumpet here, I am just relaying what people have actually said to me.
Who cares about who I am or what I've done when I'm only 5'5" and that's an immediate no-no.
Things like this is why I no longer bother with dating and would rather get on with launching my career.
Sorry, I just had to rant on behalf of my 5'4" friend who just got rejected for his height and it reminded me of all my experiences.
Short guys always lose:blackpill:

Just punched a wall several times until my hand started to bleed and started joker laughing , my foid slutty bimbo toilet mother now wants to put me on kikemeds:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

I can’t take it anymore it’s OVER for me:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree: WHY I AM A FUCKING MANLET :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:
my rage is inside of me i didnt release it yet

I wish I was atleast 6 feet.
Fuck you @Zhou Chang-Xing :feelsping::feelsping:

Dafuq, try living in a country where literally everyone height-mogges you. I am consistently the shortest man in any room I'm in here.

My struggles are the same struggles as yours, being 5'5 in the Philippines means that you're average or above average and you'd be in a good position. I just have the shit luck of being in a White country. :feelswhat:

Just punched a wall several times until my hand started to bleed and started joker laughing , my foid slutty bimbo toilet mother now wants to put me on kikemeds:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

I can’t take it anymore it’s OVER for me:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree: WHY I AM A FUCKING MANLET :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

I know exactly why you're going through, I have thrown random things across my room out of anger, society treats us like thrash, we should treat society like trash. :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

Dafuq, try living in a country where literally everyone height-mogges you. I am consistently the shortest man in any room I'm in here.

My struggles are the same struggles as yours, being 5'5 in the Philippines means that you're average or above average and you'd be in a good position. I just have the shit luck of being in a White country. :feelswhat:
I would still be happy in being 6'2 rather than a 5'5 midget who gets mogged by 14 years old girls

I would still be happy in being 6'2 rather than a 5'5 midget who gets mogged by 14 years old girls

I'm in the same boat as you, I had to pick up my nephew from school a few weeks ago and multiple teenage girls height-mogged me. I would also be happier if I were at least 6'7 but I wasn't blessed with that. :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels:

I'm in the same boat as you, I had to pick up my nephew from school a few weeks ago and multiple teenage girls height-mogged me. I would also be happier if I were at least 6'7 but I wasn't blessed with that. :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels:
You are blatantly lying. A 6'2 man can't be mogged by multiple school girls:feelsohgod::feelsohgod:

You are blatantly lying. A 6'2 man can't be mogged by multiple school girls:feelsohgod::feelsohgod:

You haven't been to the Netherlands , just come here on vacation and see for yourself. It's absolutely brutal here. :feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat:

You haven't been to the Netherlands , just come here on vacation and see for yourself. It's absolutely brutal here. :feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat:
I have been there and I’m currently spending a week in West Flanders and I haven’t seen what you’re describing nigga. My 5’10 sorry ass still feels average.

You said your posture was bad, though, which could make you seem around 5'11-6'0, so you may have thought wrong.
I am also skeptical that middle school girls would be over 6'2; from what I read here and on looksmax, the new generation of Dutch guys is about 6'3+ on average compared to the national average of about 6'0; female height is close to the recent average male's in such case seem rare, especially if middle school.

Last edited:
And I'm sure the comments are full of "there are so many women out there who would love you regardless of height".

Sure
They aren't human. They are legit cyborgs with steel voided skulls.

Well at least being a manlet is better than being a human toothpick like a good deal of the men foids are attracted to (6’4’’, piercings, skinny, cocaine addict, etc). They just don’t see reality because they’re simply too shallow and expect every man to live up to their wet dreams 100 percent of the time :blackpill:

Well at least being a manlet is better than being a human toothpick like a good deal of the men foids are attracted to (6’4’’, piercings, skinny, cocaine addict, etc). They just don’t see reality because they’re simply too shallow and expect every man to live up to their wet dreams 100 percent of the time :blackpill:
:cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels:

It is extremely unlikely that he will ever see a 6'4+ woman.

Being below 6'2 in Western world with an average face = Death sentence