Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Brainscans show that people feel no empathy for the social pain of others + Social pain activates the same parts of the brain as physical pain

After years of experiencing this firsthand, Normalfag scientists are finally starting to recognize that my fucking pain is legitimate
Even if they fully recognized it you can bet the mainstream opinion on the matter wouldn't change

ngl they probably only publish this research to seem in the know and to use it as a topic of interesting conversation. They don't care if the pain of ugly males being ostracized can be backed up by science. They are just eager to formally publish it so that for their ego sake they can claim they awareness to this idea first.
This sadly. I think the only reason any blackpill subjects ever get studied is because it's niche or because the authors thought they would get different results jfl

This sadly. I think the only reason any blackpill subjects ever get studied is because it's niche or because the authors thought they would get different results jfl
Controversial opinion but this could also been seen here with people racing to get their topic threads featured. Mostly happened in the first two years of this site being online when there was a lot of interesting theories about the blackpill to cover though.

Ego struggles and wanting to make a name for oneself through niche studies for bragging rights are everywhere now and is like part of what @turbocuckcel_7000 discussed about when he posted about how there is so much forced competition between men now.

Controversial opinion but this could also been seen here with people racing to get their topic threads featured. Mostly happened in the first two years of this site being online when there was a lot of interesting theories about the blackpill to cover though.

Ego struggles and wanting to make a name for oneself through niche studies for bragging rights are everywhere now and is like part of what @turbocuckcel_7000 discussed about when he posted about how there is so much forced competition between men now.
must have been a long time ago because i barely remember, theoretically no one "forces" you to be competitive, in practice you will enter a ruthless "sink or swim" environment immediately after puberty, which is why so many guys despise highschool and the later years of middle school

must have been a long time ago because i barely remember, theoretically no one "forces" you to be competitive, in practice you will enter a ruthless "sink or swim" environment immediately after puberty, which is why so many guys despise highschool and the later years of middle school
Force meaning pressured and shamed if not productive enough. Also goes along with what @Lebensmüder has posted about how the average man is seen as mediocre now if they are not constantly self improving.

Force meaning pressured and shamed if not productive enough. Also goes along with what @Lebensmüder has posted about how the average man is seen as mediocre now if they are not constantly self improving.
oh yeah that was called the "male burden of performance"

the biggest problem is there's very rarely a reward for it anymore these days :feelshaha:

And they also have to hide the self improohvement or else they get laughed at or called tryhards

And they also have to hide the self improohvement or else they get laughed at or called tryhards
Similarly if you are just an average guy that's nice to people you are made fun of as naive and not ready for the real world but if you try to compensate for this by "toughening" up you get portrayed negatively too.

The good thing is that for now a lot of this is socially and not legally enforced so it can be ignored if you don't care what others say. Which to do by itself is easier said than done ngl because people naturally care what others think of them

Similarly if you are just an average guy that's nice to people you are made fun of as naive and not ready for the real world but if you try to compensate for this by "toughening" up you get portrayed negatively too.
You cannot win in life when you don't have looks, there really is no winning move. I think the best a subhuman can do is leave society by hermitmaxxing. Just don't play the game.
But even just pulling that off is very difficult

You cannot win in life when you don't have looks, there really is no winning move. I think the best a subhuman can do is leave society by hermitmaxxing. Just don't play the game.
No need to go that far. In a way going that far and cutting yourself off from enjoying the comforts of life just to prove something is just as pointless.

But even just pulling that off is very difficult
Well by design that's how modern societies are built for the average male. Nonetheless from how many normies express the desire to leave it all behind and get away from others shows how empty their fear mongering about antisocial loner males is. They just don't believe ugly low status guys should be afforded the opportunity to be left alone.

Ngl how come I feel sympathy for anyone's problems even low valued men. Am I autistic am I abnormal.

No need to go that far. In a way going that far and cutting yourself off from enjoying the comforts of life just to prove something is just as pointless.
What do you mean "cutting yourself from the comfort of life"? Hermitmaxxing is comfy as fuck.

No noise, no pollution, no forced interactions, no dependence on others. Just you, yourself and nature.

Well by design that's how modern societies are built for the average male. Nonetheless from how many normies express the desire to leave it all behind and get away from others shows how empty their fear mongering about antisocial loner males is. They just don't believe ugly low status guys should be afforded the opportunity to be left alone.
It's designed to harness the energy of normal guys and promise them a good life, deluding them into thinking that chad-like happiness and success are around the corner tbh

What do you mean "cutting yourself from the comfort of life"? Hermitmaxxing is comfy as fuck.

No noise, no pollution, no forced interactions, no dependence on others. Just you, yourself and nature.
Too artificial and too quiet for a lot of people. Also feels weird in a way that you were forced to go to that length to avoid people. It's a reminder that society won and you had to retreat.
It's designed to harness the energy of normal guys and promise them a good life, deluding them into thinking that chad-like happiness and success are around the corner tbh
But focus more on the second part. Normies that claim ugly males are dysfunctional and antisocial will at the first opportunity talk about doing those same things. They just don't think you should be allowed to do it. That's a reason why they hate ugly billionaires that retreat and don't contribute but have no problem with good looking celebrity billionaires buying up private islands and being selfish.

This is a great piece of evidence for the blackpill. Great find.

People care for the social pain of females so they are definitely capable of caring about social pain so there's no real excuse. But males are always held to higher standards and proof and accountability is always demanded of them. Btw even when guys show visible signs of physical pain and sickness if they are low status and ugly no one cares and they find it funny.

View: https://youtu.be/9I52RlRfrsY

SOCIAL PAIN HAUNTS YOU

Social pain haunts you

1619942891215-png.441175

"With regard to reliving pain, studies have shown that reliving socially painful experiences elicits more pain. Thus, subjects reported feeling more pain after reliving a prior episode of social pain than after reliving a prior episode of physical pain, even though there were no differences in the amount of pain experienced at the time the event originally occurred (‘initial pain’, see the figure, part a)"
Absolutely brutal. I definitely noticed when I look back on socially awkward moments I cringe quite hard, while physical pain when I look back on, it ain't that bad.

Absolutely brutal. I definitely noticed when I look back on socially awkward moments I cringe quite hard, while physical pain when I look back on, it ain't that bad.
Even normies recognize this, there are tons of normie memes about remembering strongly bad social memories
If you look up stuff like "brain remembering cringe" you'll see tons of memes

You see it all the time: some lonely male dares to briefly vent or complain online about how miserable his life is and everyone acts completely apathetic if not straight up aggressive. People will constantly downplay everything he's going through. Psychiatrists will just be confused and tell him nothing’s wrong with him, everything is in his head, that he can totally live with the issues he's having.

TURNS OUT MAYBE THEY SIMPLY CANNOT CARE ON A NEUROLOGICAL LEVEL
  • Brain scans show that social pain is real and activates the very same parts of the brain as physical pain
  • This corroborates a previous study found on the wiki
  • Unlike physical pain, the social pain of others did NOT activate the parts of the brain that would suggest feelings of empathy
  • The only exception to this was with close friends, only then did people show brain activation that suggests empathy
  • Moreover, reliving social pain is much more painful that reliving physical pain.
  • SOCIAL PAIN HAUNTS YOU
  • Social exclusion INCREASES sensitivity to physical pain, social support DECREASES it. Physical and social pain are both real and they overlap, there is a shared pain circuitry

People don't care about the social hardships you go through. People will have 1000 times more empathy for a guy getting suckerpunched on worldstarthiphop than they’ll have for a social outcast and lifelong victim. It's pointless to expect sympathy/empathy from other people, don't waste your time pouring your heart out and expecting them to understand

People don’t care because they CANNOT care :blackpill:

Unless maybe they deeply love you to begin with :feelsmage:

View attachment 441179

Social pain haunts you

View attachment 441175

"With regard to reliving pain, studies have shown that reliving socially painful experiences elicits more pain. Thus, subjects reported feeling more pain after reliving a prior episode of social pain than after reliving a prior episode of physical pain, even though there were no differences in the amount of pain experienced at the time the event originally occurred (‘initial pain’, see the figure, part a)"

People don't have empathy for the social pain of others

View attachment 441176

"Interestingly, when it comes to observing the pain of others (empathy), the reverse pattern is observed. When observing others in physical pain, participants show increased activity in affective pain-related neural regions, such as the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex (dACC) and the anterior insula (AI) (dACC activation shown in part b of the figure), whereas these same neural responses are not present when observing others in social pain (mentalizing regions, such as the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, are present instead; see part c of the figure), unless the target of the social pain is a close friend (see part d of the figure)"

Interestingly, when it comes to observing the pain of others (empathy), the reverse pattern is observed. When observing others in physical pain, participants show increased activity in affective pain-related neural regions, such as the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex (dACC) and the anterior insula (AI) (dACC activation shown in part b of the figure), whereas these same neural responses are not present when observing others in social pain (mentalizing regions, such as the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, are present instead; see part c of the figure), unless the target of the social pain is a close friend (see part d of the figure)

Physical-social pain overlap: being a loner/outcast will physically hurt you

View attachment 441177

View attachment 441178

"Experimental manipulations of failure (which may convey that one would not be liked or accepted by others) have been shown to increase pain ratings to a cold-pressor task, a painful task that involves immersing one’s hand in ice water for extended periods of time. Similarly, experiences of social exclusion have been shown to increase physical pain sensitivity, and those who report feeling more rejected in response to exclusion report higher physical pain ratings in response to a pain stimulus delivered at the end of the exclusion episode."

"In addition to pain-enhancing effects, factors that reduce one type of painful experience should reduce the other as well. Along these lines, considerable research has shown that social support, typically associated with reduced perceptions of social harm, is related to reduced physical pain. Correlational research has demonstrated that individuals with more social support experience less pain across a number of different domains.
In addition, experimental work has demonstrated a causal effect of social support on pain. For example, viewing a picture or holding the hand of a loved one (relative to a stranger or object) leads to reductions in self-reported pain, as well as reductions in pain-related neural activity (in the dACC and AI). Thus, the perception or presence of social support, presumably indicative of a lesser likelihood of social harm, appears to reduce physical pain as well."

@SergeantIncel @Master I think this is important to understand the dynamics between loners/outcasts/incels etc and the rest of the population

Tagging bros who might be interested in this

@cvh1991 @ionlycopenow @ReturnOfSaddam @LOLI BREEDING @soymonkcel @your personality @ThoughtfulCel @FastBananaCEO @BPJ

LINK TO THE FULL ARTICLE AND NAME OF THE STUDY. It's a great meta analysis of the neurology of pain and social experiences

"The pain of social disconnection: [UWSL]examining the shared neural [/UWSL]underpinnings of physical and social pain"

:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope: its over for me.

i don't even care anymore lol. so jaded

is there a solution to overcome this? meditation?

Well that explains why I am in pain

You see it all the time: some lonely male dares to briefly vent or complain online about how miserable his life is and everyone acts completely apathetic if not straight up aggressive. People will constantly downplay everything he's going through. Psychiatrists will just be confused and tell him nothing’s wrong with him, everything is in his head, that he can totally live with the issues he's having.

• Brain scans show that social pain is real and activates the very same parts of the brain as physical pain
  • Unlike physical pain, the social pain of others did NOT activate the parts of the brain that would suggest feelings of empathy
  • The only exception to this was with close friends, only then did people show brain activation that suggests empathy
  • Moreover, reliving social pain is much more painful that reliving physical pain.
  • SOCIAL PAIN HAUNTS YOU
  • Social exclusion INCREASES sensitivity to physical pain, social support DECREASES it. Physical and social pain are both real and they overlap, there is a shared pain circuitry

People don't care about the social hardships you go through. People will have 1000 times more empathy for a guy getting suckerpunched on worldstarthiphop than they’ll have for a social outcast and lifelong victim. It's pointless to expect sympathy/empathy from other people, don't waste your time pouring your heart out and expecting them to understand

View attachment 441179

Social pain haunts you

View attachment 441175

View attachment 441176

"Interestingly, when it comes to observing the pain of others (empathy), the reverse pattern is observed. When observing others in physical pain, participants show increased activity in affective pain-related neural regions, such as the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex (dACC) and the anterior insula (AI) (dACC activation shown in part b of the figure), whereas these same neural responses are not present when observing others in social pain (mentalizing regions, such as the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, are present instead; see part c of the figure), unless the target of the social pain is a close friend (see part d of the figure)"

Interestingly, when it comes to observing the pain of others (empathy), the reverse pattern is observed. When observing others in physical pain, participants show increased activity in affective pain-related neural regions, such as the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex (dACC) and the anterior insula (AI) (dACC activation shown in part b of the figure), whereas these same neural responses are not present when observing others in social pain (mentalizing regions, such as the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex, are present instead; see part c of the figure), unless the target of the social pain is a close friend (see part d of the figure)

View attachment 441177

View attachment 441178

"Experimental manipulations of failure (which may convey that one would not be liked or accepted by others) have been shown to increase pain ratings to a cold-pressor task, a painful task that involves immersing one’s hand in ice water for extended periods of time. Similarly, experiences of social exclusion have been shown to increase physical pain sensitivity, and those who report feeling more rejected in response to exclusion report higher physical pain ratings in response to a pain stimulus delivered at the end of the exclusion episode."

"In addition to pain-enhancing effects, factors that reduce one type of painful experience should reduce the other as well. Along these lines, considerable research has shown that social support, typically associated with reduced perceptions of social harm, is related to reduced physical pain. Correlational research has demonstrated that individuals with more social support experience less pain across a number of different domains.
In addition, experimental work has demonstrated a causal effect of social support on pain. For example, viewing a picture or holding the hand of a loved one (relative to a stranger or object) leads to reductions in self-reported pain, as well as reductions in pain-related neural activity (in the dACC and AI). Thus, the perception or presence of social support, presumably indicative of a lesser likelihood of social harm, appears to reduce physical pain as well."

@SergeantIncel @Master I think this is important to understand the dynamics between loners/outcasts/incels etc and the rest of the population

@cvh1991 @ionlycopenow @ReturnOfSaddam @LOLI BREEDING @soymonkcel @your personality @ThoughtfulCel @FastBananaCEO @BPJ

LINK TO THE FULL ARTICLE AND NAME OF THE STUDY. It's a great meta analysis of the neurology of pain and social experiences

"The pain of social disconnection: [UWSL]examining the shared neural [/UWSL]underpinnings of physical and social pain"

Interesting research. it also partially explains why Normies and NPC officials will never understand the phenomenon of mass-shooters.

That's why I celebrate 'misfortunate' events

Subjects reported feeling more pain after reliving a prior episode of social pain than after reliving a prior episode of physical pain, even though there were no differences in the amount of pain experienced at the time the event originally occurred

:feelswhat: Sounds pseudo science-y tbh..... how can they possibly quantify the "amount of pain" from a physical injury and the "amount of pain" from a social hurty feeling, as being the same?? ("no different")

View attachment 639382

:feelswhat: Sounds pseudo science-y tbh..... how can they possibly quantify the "amount of pain" from a physical injury and the "amount of pain" from a social hurty feeling, as being the same?? ("no different")
Brain scans can measure physical pain extremely well. And when you study people suffering from emotional pain, the very same areas of the brain that light up during physical pain are also on ([UWSL]anterior insula, anterior cingulate cortex)[/UWSL]

[UWSL]iirc if you dive really deep into it, there are small differences in brain activity between the 2 pains, but they're almost the same[/UWSL]
[UWSL]@cvh1991 [/UWSL]

Brain scans can measure physical pain extremely well. And when you study people suffering from emotional pain, the very same areas of the brain that light up during physical pain are also on ([UWSL]anterior insula, anterior cingulate cortex)[/UWSL]

[UWSL]iirc if you dive really deep into it, there are small differences in brain activity between the 2 pains, but they're almost the same[/UWSL]
[UWSL]@cvh1991 [/UWSL]

Thanks for the links much appreciated mate

bookmarked, thanks OP

i just can't imagine people ever feeling empathy for the social pain of others, anyway

causing social pain for others is literally how you move up in the hierarchy, since the world is zero sum (which soy fags keep trying to deny)

People care for the social pain of females so they are definitely capable of caring about social pain so there's no real excuse. But males are always held to higher standards and proof and accountability is always demanded of them. Btw even when guys show visible signs of physical pain and sickness if they are low status and ugly no one cares and they find it funny.
I want to snitch on Hamza's Discord server. I tried to explain my situation with women and no one would listen to me. They all started bragging about themselves and how fucking big they are. That's what put the final nail in the coffin for me to have the humility (something Hamza preaches a lot) to admit that I'm an incel. People don't really care about others, it's just about what's in it for them and they will make a joke out of you otherwise like you're making a big deal out of nothing. They don't understand how hard it is despite preaching that 'hard work makes the man'. They don't have to work hard because they already have the skills neccessary to succeed in life.

I want to snitch on Hamza's Discord server. I tried to explain my situation with women and no one would listen to me. They all started bragging about themselves and how fucking big they are. That's what put the final nail in the coffin for me to have the humility (something Hamza preaches a lot) to admit that I'm an incel. People don't really care about others, it's just about what's in it for them and they will make a joke out of you otherwise like you're making a big deal out of nothing. They don't understand how hard it is despite preaching that 'hard work makes the man'. They don't have to work hard because they already have the skills neccessary to succeed in life.
>Discord server
Your own fault

• SOCIAL PAIN HAUNTS YOU

View attachment 441179

Social pain haunts you

View attachment 441175

View attachment 441176

View attachment 441177

View attachment 441178

Women are incapable of feeling empathy for men. Even for Chads, she only cares about facial bone structure and shit like that. If I had the looks I'd be getting chicks left and right too.

Totally based.