Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Black Mesa Vs Half Life

What game

• Total voters
cripplecel

cripplecel

Luminary
★★★★★
I pick half life because the gameplay feels better. Black mesa feels like a mix of half life 1 and 2 and I just prefer the classic gameplay.

Also sound design is so much better in half life. So many satisfying sounds like the hound eye attack, or HEV suit charger. Black mesa has changed many of the sounds for the worse.

A good example of this is the HECU. They had heavy static in their voices and sounded almost robotic because of how the voice lines were implemented with each word being recorded individually and heavy static being used to seamlessly make the words into sentences. Black mesa has none of that and really ruins the HECU for me & ruins the scariness of these enemies.

But visually it is amazing & they also did a good job with all the HEV suit sounds. One thing I like alot more is the gore is a mix of half life 1 & half life 2. Since you can gib enemies with explosives or powerful weapons but also ragdolls are still in the game.

At the end of the day both are worth playing.

I like Black Mesa more due to upgraded Xen

I haven't tried Black mesa yet but I remember having a blast with half life in the 90s. I played half life 2 and the two episodes in the 00s. Damn good games.

I haven't tried Black mesa yet but I remember having a blast with half life in the 90s. I played half life 2 and the two episodes in the 00s. Damn good games.
I highly recommend trying Black mesa out, it will be a great way to re experience half life again.

black mesa its new its updated

Black mesa mogs. Only contrarians who’ve never played hl1 will tell you differently.

I remember playing half life 1 on sven co op because I didnt want to buy the game :feelskek:

I haven’t played black mesa so I wouldn’t know if Its better but I feel like the overall vibe of the game might be better in the original
I might play black mesa At some point

black mesa be better but interloper b ruining the pace of the game bad

black mesa be better but interloper b ruining the pace of the game bad
Ikr. Just shitty copy paste conveyor belt puzzles over and over. They could have cut it to 25% and it would have been much better imo.

After playing both recently, I prefer the hl1 gameplay much more

I don't like hl2 gameplay and story, hf1 is much better

hl2
atmosphere is great makes me nostalgic