Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Being lean is the most important thing when it comes to getting laid

itsOVER said:
You think of results as a sliding scale though, when it's actually more a binary one. The way to assess whether getting lean was a success is by asking the question 'are you getting laid more now?'. Given getting laid is all about face, and your face looks the same at x% body fat (even though your body might look different if you lifted), the only driver of the success is the face. Sure maybe it takes a bit longer if you don't lift (not that much longer though, a deficit is still a deficit, and you don't enter 'starvation mode' until you get to single digit body fat levels anyway), but the end result will be identical.

And if your face does actually look good at low bodyfat levels, it'll be trivially easy to gain some muscle definition afterwards as you'll look anorexic. Easy to get abs, develop defined arm muscles etc under those conditions as you've not got much fat left to obscure your muscle.

Plus let's look at other benefits of not going to the gym:

1) No muscle mass = you don't have to worry so much about what you put in your diet, you only have to worry about total calories. It's one less thing to have to track during the day.
2) You don't have to stand in a communal shower while other guys may or may not be checking out your cock.
3) You don't have to have the suicide fuel of seeing Stacy's and Chad's talking to each other in the gym.
4) Gym membership can be expensive. You avoid this cost by sitting on your ass at home.
5) It's less work just to eat less than it is to lift AND eat less.

It will take a lot longer. Don't trust me, just try yourself and see. And I am not talking about "look I am 10% body fat," I am talking about REAL 10% body fat, not what most copers think is 10%, which is closer to 14%. 

I've been in starvation mode myself, I know exactly what it feels like and it can happen way before single digit body fat. My weight loss speed got A LOT slower, even at 600 calories a day, I was losing weight slow when I had lost weight super fast at higher calories at around 20% body fat (of course fat loss slows down at lower body fat, but as much as it did for me). My testosterone levels also dropped and I could barely get hard and 0 sex drive. My body turned down its testosterone and my sex drive to save calories basically. When I was done dieting, my body looked like absolute shit. I was skinny, but I had no muscle. It was a HUGE mistake. Thankfully I got all the muscles back from working out, but I should have worked out sooner and had a smaller calorie deficit.

towncel said:
Avoid foods that are high in sodium such as pizza and bacon if you wanna get lean

That's important, yes. Because it doesn't matter if you're 10% body fat if you're bloated.

wandercamp said:
DNP bruhs

I used it in the past. It's pretty good, but it makes you feel like absolute shit (and I mean really shit, like you're sick and you're sweating like crazy 24/7). I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and I would never take it again. The only people who should take DNP are those who are morbidly fat and need to lose weight super fast or else they die.

Sociocelipath said:
That's not really true. Lifting weights isn't that great for losing weight.

Running or swimming are much better; and these options don't always result in an unbalanced looking body. But about having to do 2-3+ hours a week is definitely true.

You're wrong. The best way to lose weight is weight lifting. Cardio is nowhere near as important. Obviously if you want to lose weight fast, you'd want to add some cardio on top of it. I do 1 hour of 4 mph incline walking and 1.5 hours of weight lifting 5-6 days a week and I'm losing fat fast. I've also ordered some Green Tea extract (EGCg) and some bitter orange extract (legal ephedrine pretty much) to speed it up further, just waiting to get in the mail. If anyone knows anything about fat loss, it's me, because I was fat some point in my life (went full LDAR after high school) and I've lost weight multiple times. I know what works and what doesn't more than anyone on this forum. I may make a mega thread about weight loss at some point this month to help people and dispel some myths. It'll have a bunch of studies backing up everything I say, so nobody can try to argue against it.

33lbs in 12 weeks? I lost 40lbs in 14 days and I'm almost leanmaxxed.

CopingGymcel said:
It will take a lot longer. Don't trust me, just try yourself and see. And I am not talking about "look I am 10% body fat," I am talking about REAL 10% body fat, not what most copers think is 10%, which is closer to 14%. 

I've been in starvation mode myself, I know exactly what it feels like and it can happen way before single digit body fat. My weight loss speed got A LOT slower, even at 600 calories a day, I was losing weight slow when I had lost weight super fast at higher calories at around 20% body fat (of course fat loss slows down at lower body fat, but as much as it did for me). My testosterone levels also dropped and I could barely get hard and 0 sex drive. My body turned down its testosterone and my sex drive to save calories basically. When I was done dieting, my body looked like absolute shit. I was skinny, but I had no muscle. It was a HUGE mistake. Thankfully I got all the muscles back from working out, but I should have worked out sooner and had a smaller calorie deficit.

Meh, just do keto. That's how I always lose weight. Body gets used to burning fat for fuel so you don't get starvation mode (oh and in theory you should also hit some bullshit protein goal so you don't lose muscle, but I never worried about that one as I didn't have much muscle to lose).

Like, I could probably just eat 800 calories of bacon every day, hit that protein goal to save the muscle, and still lose a bunch of fat without going into starvation mode.

It's all a huge cope anyway for most people. Unless you're already PSL 5 pre leanmaxxing, just LDAR cos going from sub 5 to 5 is useless, only going to a 6 matters. And this bone structure that you're hoping can be seen after leanmaxxing is only present in 10% of the population anyway. 90% chance you're still gonna look like shit.

Of course if you've ALWAYS been fat, and aren't doing anything else, maybe it's worth checking out if you're part of that 10%. I'm guessing most of us didn't start off fat though, we just used it as a cope after rejection by society...that's kinda what I did before I realised I was getting out of breath doing basic shit and cut down to a much lower level anyway. Plus I discovered keto, which basically allowed me to eat bacon all day and still lose weight which suited me just fine.

itsOVER said:
Plus I discovered keto, which basically allowed me to eat bacon all day and still lose weight which suited me just fine.

A great way to deathmax/strokemax. I guess it's one way to leave inceldom.

I actually hate bacon and hate overly fatty foods (at least ones without carbs).

I have no idea about keto, as I haven't studied it enough to know anything past the basics, but if it can help you stay away from starvation mode, then that's great. I am not 100% convinced, I don't quite see the logic behind it, but if it works, then go ahead.

CopingGymcel said:
You're wrong. The best way to lose weight is weight lifting. Cardio is nowhere near as important. Obviously if you want to lose weight fast, you'd want to add some cardio on top of it. I do 1 hour of 4 mph incline walking and 1.5 hours of weight lifting 5-6 days a week and I'm losing fat fast. I've also ordered some Green Tea extract (EGCg) and some bitter orange extract (legal ephedrine pretty much) to speed it up further, just waiting to get in the mail. If anyone knows anything about fat loss, it's me, because I was fat some point in my life (went full LDAR after high school) and I've lost weight multiple times. I know what works and what doesn't more than anyone on this forum. I may make a mega thread about weight loss at some point this month to help people and dispel some myths. It'll have a bunch of studies backing up everything I say, so nobody can try to argue against it.

The best way is just to go on a keto diet and eat bacon, eggs and cheese. That'll get your body used to burning fat as fuel, and it's also a satiating diet so you won't feel as hungry. No huge insulin spikes to cause hunger pangs either, your body gets used to burning the fat so just takes its energy from your fat reserves.

I was losing 1kg a week on keto with no exercise at all. That wouldn't have been significantly increased by going to the gym (and it's debatable whether I'd have been able to do much gymcelling which on 800 calories a day anyway).

CopingGymcel said:
A great way to deathmax/strokemax. I guess it's one way to leave inceldom.

Meh, 3 months of baconmaxxing (i.e. how long I dieted for) isn't gonna cause anyone long term problems.

Plus it's tasty as fuck.

CopingGymcel said:
I have no idea about keto, as I haven't studied it enough to know anything past the basics, but if it can help you stay away from starvation mode, then that's great. I am not 100% convinced, I don't quite see the logic behind it, but if it works, then go ahead.

The logic is that you don't eat any carbs, so the body stops using carbs as it's primary energy source and switches to fats. Thus, when you're not giving it the calories it requires, it'll turn to burning fat from your body instead. Carbs also cause insulin spikes which is why many end up binging/cheating on their carb diets....it's much easier to feel 'full' on keto.

Dropped from 71kg to 55kg in 3 months on it. I'm at like 57kg now because of Christmas food. :(But I'm sure I could get to 50kg fairly quick if I bothered to try, and surely to fuck I'd have to be around 12% bodyfat then.

itsOVER said:
The best way is just to go on a keto diet and eat bacon, eggs and cheese. That'll get your body used to burning fat as fuel, and it's also a satiating diet so you won't feel as hungry. No huge insulin spikes to cause hunger pangs either, your body gets used to burning the fat so just takes its energy from your fat reserves.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Naturals-Chromium-Picolinate-1000-mcg-120-Tablets-Exp-Date-2019-Unisex/152227833316?epid=691496818&hash=item23717c65e4:g:cRcAAOSwOdpXydST

That is what i use to curb hunger (control insulin). I can easily diet without ever feeling like eating a hamburger. It's super effective. Pretty much the best fat loss supplement out there that doesn't actually burn any fat. I would recommend picking it up even if you're doing keto, it's quite cheap.

I also do intermediate fasting (I hate eating small meals), so I feel full from my big meals and when I don't, I still don't want junk food. Eating big meals and eating my carbs before workouts also allow me to hold on to my strength much more easily than a normal diet.

CopingGymcel said:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Naturals-Chromium-Picolinate-1000-mcg-120-Tablets-Exp-Date-2019-Unisex/152227833316?epid=691496818&hash=item23717c65e4:g:cRcAAOSwOdpXydST

That is what i use to curb hunger (control insulin). I can easily diet without ever feeling like eating a hamburger. It's super effective. Pretty much the best fat loss supplement out there that doesn't actually burn any fat. I would recommend picking it up, even if you're doing keto, it's quite cheap.

I also do intermediate fasting (I hate eating small meals), so I feel full from my big meals and when I don't, I still don't want junk food. Eating big meals and eating my carbs before workouts also allow me to hold on to my strength much more easily than a normal diet.

Meh, I don't really have any weight loss targets - like I say I think all of this is largely cope. But I will lose weight because that's the natural consequence of having £2,500 worth of surgery (HT and lipo) while refusing to wagecuck in the UK and living off government money - which means i have like £20 a week to spend on food now, which means it's back on the keto train and 800 calories a day until the neetbux flows in again.

LDARmax and starvationmax life.

CopingGymcel said:
If anyone knows anything about fat loss, it's me, because I was fat some point in my life (went full LDAR after high school) and I've lost weight multiple times. I know what works and what doesn't more than anyone on this forum. I may make a mega thread about weight loss at some point this month to help people and dispel some myths. It'll have a bunch of studies backing up everything I say, so nobody can try to argue against it.

Looking forward to it.

CopingGymcel said:
Oh god. Now I actually have to do it.

Lol

1345953966.78234736.jpg

CopingGymcel said:
You're wrong. The best way to lose weight is weight lifting.

Well... I did get my info from an actual study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3544497/ but also this isn't my field so I can not argue on behalf of it.
But you are right that its good to mix them, I'm sure it is certainly the most healthy thing to do.

Sociocelipath said:
Well... I did get my info from an actual study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3544497/ but also this isn't my field so I can not argue on behalf of it.
But you are right that its good to mix them, I'm sure it is certainly the most healthy thing to do.

Participants were 119 sedentary, overweight or obese adults

That's why. When you're fat, you're very unlikely to lose muscle. It's when you get leaner that it makes a huge difference. It makes a huge difference when you're 15% body fat and below, and the closer to 10% you get, the more of a difference it makes.

There are studies that indicate that you can more easily build muscle while in a deficit when you're fat, so if anything, you lose out on some muscle and strength gains by not working out when you are fat.

Sociocelipath said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think that the "afterburn" effect which is connected to HIIT (and therefore can incorporate weightlifting, but not really traditional cardio) was popularized if not discovered after 2012. Basically, high intensity interval training (HIIT) makes your body continue to burn calories after you're stopped working out, which makes it much more efficient at burning calories vs. time invested into exercise. I haven't really followed the research in the past few years and I've heard that some people say that it's overrated, but perhaps Coping Gymcel can correct me if I'm wrong.

blickpall said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think that the "afterburn" effect which is connected to HIIT (and therefore can incorporate weightlifting, but not really traditional cardio) was popularized if not discovered after 2012. Basically, high intensity interval training (HIIT) makes your body continue to burn calories after you're stopped working out, which makes it much more efficient at burning calories vs. time invested into exercise. I haven't really followed the research in the past few years and I've heard that some people say that it's overrated, but perhaps Coping Gymcel can correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right. HIIT training will burn calories after the workout. The problem with HIIT training is that it's really hard to do (most people will quit) and any high intensive running will trigger a hunger response. Walking on the other hand burns less calories, but it's easier to do and it seems to have a positive effect on hunger, hence why I stay away from running and do incline walking instead. If you look at body builders, you'll notice that most of them do walking to burn calories instead of running.

I read a study some years ago that detailed fat and muscle loss from dieting with and without strength training. I am trying to find it, but I am having trouble. It concluded something along the lines of that the people who did strength training lost no muscle and the ones who didn't ended up losing a surprising amount of muscle later on in the diet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3337037

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Resistance weight training during caloric restriction enhances lean body weight maintenance.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]To assess the individual and combined effects of weight loss and weight training on body weight and body composition, 40 obese women were randomly assigned to one of four groups for an 8 wk weight-loss study. These groups were control (C); diet without exercise (DO); diet plus weight training (DPE); and weight training without diet (EO). Body weight decreased for DO (-4.47 kg) and DPE (-3.89 kg) compared with C (-0.38 kg) and EO (0.45 kg). Lean body weight (LBW) increased for EO (1.07 kg) compared with DO (-0.91 kg) and C (-0.31 kg) and for DPE (0.43 kg) compared with DO. Upper-arm muscle areas (determined by radiograph) increased for DPE (11.2 cm2) and EO (10.4 cm2) compared with C (2.7 cm2) and DO (2.1 cm2). It was concluded that weight training results in comparable gains in muscle area and strength for DPE and EO. Adding weight training exercise to a caloric restriction program results in maintenance of LBW compared with DO.[/font][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Will find more studies tomorrow. There are studying with conflicting results. Some say it doesn't matters, others say it matters a lot. I guess, you have to find out what you want to trust. I personally lost a lot of muscle when I was dieting with exercise. [/font][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Resistance weight training during caloric restriction enhances lean body weight maintenance.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]To assess the individual and combined effects of weight loss and weight training on body weight and body composition, 40 obese women were randomly assigned to one of four groups for an 8 wk weight-loss study. These groups were control (C); diet without exercise (DO); diet plus weight training (DPE); and weight training without diet (EO). Body weight decreased for DO (-4.47 kg) and DPE (-3.89 kg) compared with C (-0.38 kg) and EO (0.45 kg). Lean body weight (LBW) increased for EO (1.07 kg) compared with DO (-0.91 kg) and C (-0.31 kg) and for DPE (0.43 kg) compared with DO. Upper-arm muscle areas (determined by radiograph) increased for DPE (11.2 cm2) and EO (10.4 cm2) compared with C (2.7 cm2) and DO (2.1 cm2). It was concluded that weight training results in comparable gains in muscle area and strength for DPE and EO. Adding weight training exercise to a caloric restriction program results in maintenance of LBW compared with DO.[/font][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font][/font]

Will find more studies tomorrow. There are studies with conflicting results. Some say it doesn't matters, others say it matters a lot. I guess, you have to find out what you want to trust. I personally lost a lot of muscle when I was dieting without exercise.

wow, this thread is life fuel.
I fell for the bulking meme when i was 19 and never returned.
Would eat until I was in borderline food coma and then top it off with a mass gainer shake. Went from 60 to 80kg, +33% in 2 months. Shit gave me stretch marks lmao. 3 years later and I'm still skinny-fat as fuck. Probably around 20+bf%.