Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Are you an early bird or a night owl?

• Total voters
VideoGameCoper

VideoGameCoper

Mythic
★★★★★
I am an extreme night owl, naturally sleeping from around 5 A.M. to 1 P.M. I cannot sleep earlier than this and the night is just so peaceful. It's when I can be alone without the hustle and bustle of society being bothersome. It's brutal though being a night owl, because you will often be severely sleep deprived form being out of sync with normal society.

night owl is an incel trait

I would stay up later every night if I didn't have to do stuff during the day

That shit doesnt exist. If you sleep early ou will wake up early. If you sleep late you will wake up late.

night owl is an incel trait
Also a foid trait. Studies shows psychopaths stay up late. Every foid i know in my family and at my job is a night owl.

Also a foid trait. Studies shows psychopaths stay up late. Every foid i know in my family and at my job is a night owl.
interesting I didn't know about this

I don't do mornings yah mean

That shit doesnt exist. If you sleep early ou will wake up early. If you sleep late you will wake up late.
Nah man. Chronotypes are a thing. Some people like me really are naturally night owls and our bodies don't secrete melatonin until way later in the night. I have tried sleeping earlier for a long time. I doesn't work. Even if I fall asleep earlier, I will wake up 4 or more times a night and get the worst sleep ever. If I slepe on my natural schedule, I only wake up once a night and get back to sleep much more easily.

both, and then I snag a few hours during the day hours

Funny, because I see the opposite. I don't know a single foid that's a night owl. They all are asleep by 10:00 P.M. At the gym when I go at midnight-1:00 A.M., it's all men there. I do believe that it could be a psychopath trait though, because that kinda makes sense.

I don't do mornings yah mean
Agreed. Morning people annoy me like crazy. They act like I'm wrong for being a night owl and want me to be on their schedule. I don't complain about their ridiculous morning schedule, so they shouldn't complain about my nighttime schedule

Funny, because I see the opposite. I don't know a single foid that's a night owl. They all are asleep by 10:00 P.M. At the gym when I go at midnight-1:00 A.M., it's all men there. I do believe that it could be a psychopath trait though, because that kinda makes sense.
It's especially foids who have kids that are night owls in my family and at my job. I guess they can't stand their autistic kids so they stay up late when the kids are asleep. It's also a narcisstic trait, but it's more or less the same as psychopathy.

I wake up at 6 every morning

It's especially foids who have kids that are night owls in my family and at my job. I guess they can't stand their autistic kids so they stay up late when the kids are asleep. It's also a narcisstic trait, but it's more or less the same as psychopathy.
Interesting. My mother always went to bed super early and ever since I was 14 I loved staying up late. Do you think that could possibly indicate I might be a bit psychopathic? My dad always thought it was creepy af how I'd be awake pretty much the whole time he would be sleeping. He never understood being a natural night owl because he'd fall asleep at 9 pm naturally

63723.jpg

Interesting. My mother always went to bed super early and ever since I was 14 I loved staying up late. Do you think that could possibly indicate I might be a bit psychopathic? My dad always thought it was creepy af how I'd be awake pretty much the whole time he would be sleeping. He never understood being a natural night owl because he'd fall asleep at 9 pm naturally
Your mother was smart in that regard because if she stayed up late then she would be tired as fuck the next day because kids get up early, most foid mothers today don't think about that. I think smartphones could also be a reason why foids stay up late, they have to scroll through tinder and meet Chad. I think it's a psychopathic trait no matter what. Night owls claim their brain works better at night but it's just another excuse to plot and plan their evil deeds.

Is it because that's your natural schedule or do you have to get up early for work or something?
Previously, I did it to go to school. But I don't have school anymore and the habit stuck

Your mother was smart in that regard because if she stayed up late then she would be tired as fuck the next day because kids get up early, most foid mothers today don't think about that. I think smartphones could also be a reason why foids stay up late, they have to scroll through tinder and meet Chad. I think it's a psychopathic trait no matter what. Night owls claim their brain works better at night but it's just another excuse to plot and plan their evil deeds.
My brain simply does work better at night. Do you really think I'm plotting my next bad deed at night? :feelsdevil: I think a big part of what makes me a night owl is not wanting to be around normal society. It's currently 6:46 A.M as I'm typing this and I still haven't gone to sleep yet.

Previously, I did it to go to school. But I don't have school anymore and the habit stuck
That's actually probably a good thing for you that it comes naturally. Your sleep is unlikely to be disruped by society like what happens to me all the time.

My brain simply does work better at night. Do you really think I'm plotting my next bad deed at night? :feelsdevil: I think a big part of what makes me a night owl is not wanting to be around normal society. It's currently 6:46 A.M as I'm typing this and I still haven't gone to sleep yet.
If you don't want to be around society you should move far into the countryside like me, then you don't have to deal with normies 24/7. I understand that it can be cozy to stay up late sometimes but it's also unnatural in a sense. The sun is basically my alarm clock. I wake up at 07:00am every morning now when i don't have to work. I used to work night shift in a job once and i got depressed, that's also a sign we aren't meant to be night owls.

Can't do mornings. Never have, never will. It's another reason I'll never fit into this society.

If you don't want to be around society you should move far into the countryside like me, then you don't have to deal with normies 24/7. I understand that it can be cozy to stay up late sometimes but it's also unnatural in a sense. The sun is basically my alarm clock. I wake up at 07:00am every morning now when i don't have to work. I used to work night shift in a job once and i got depressed, that's also a sign we aren't meant to be night owls.
My parents actually have a country property we go to on the weekends. I have to stay in the suburbs the rest of the time though because that's where my next job will be. Waking up at 7:00 A.M. must feel pretty good in a way. We probably aren't meant to be as extreme night owls as my current schedule, but I'd get depressed if I had to go to bed before 1:00 A.M. I feel like for me sleeping from 1:00 A.M. to sometime like 9:00-10:00 A.M. would be ideal. That used to be my schedule until I had hip surgery and couldn't walk without crutches and got addicted to gaming more. It just so happens that there are more players on the car racing games I like at 4:00-6:00 A.M., and I think that made me even more of a night owl.

Can't do mornings. Never have, never will. It's another reason I'll never fit into this society.
Yep, As a night owl, society is constantly working against you, sadly.

The results of this poll just go to prove my suspicions that the majority of incels would be night owls. It's like we have all the traits that society doesn't approve of, like autism, subpar looks, and night owlness.

Both at the same time but night owl most of the time because depression attacks me and i can't sleep due loneliness and mental pain. I feel the best when i wake up at 5-6AM

Early bird, i always wake up super early for some reason, even if i go to sleep later.

The results of this poll just go to prove my suspicions that the majority of incels would be night owls. It's like we have all the traits that society doesn't approve of, like autism, subpar looks, and night owlness.
True, but you can have those as an early bird too. I also think the older you get the earlier you get up in the morning. I used to sit up until 04:30AM and play maplestory as a teen, probably because i was addicted, not because i was a psycho.

Last edited:
Both at the same time but night owl most of the time because depression attacks me and i can't sleep due loneliness and mental pain. I feel the best when i wake up at 5-6AM
5-6AM is early as fuck. It 8:00 AM right now and I haven’t even gone to sleep yet

True, but you can have those as an early bird too. I also think the older you get the earlier you get up in the morning. I used to sit up until 04:30AM and play maplestory as a teen, probably because i was addicted, not because i was a psycho.
Yeah, I know early birds can have those other traits too. Only time will tell if my sleep schedule changes with age. My neighbor is a 60 year old woman who has been a night owl all her life and works from 11 P.M. to 7 A.M. Just goes to show that being a night owl really is permanent for some people

Fakecel if you chose early bird.

I'm involuntarily night owl because I can't sleep. I wish to be a early bird, it's definitely more healthy.

Depends on my sleep schedule i always fuck it up but normally night owl

Depends on my sleep schedule i always fuck it up but normally night owl
I'm always a night owl too and my sleep schedule is very fucked up

how is that even slightly connected
Because psychopaths often prefer to be awake while others are asleep so they have an edge over them by being alert while others are sleepy or already sleeping. Also, psychopaths are often antisocial, so being out at night makes sense because there are less people

Because psychopaths often prefer to be awake while others are asleep so they have an edge over them by being alert while others are sleepy or already sleeping. Also, psychopaths are often antisocial, so being out at night makes sense because there are less people
but doesn't that also apply identically to waking up before everybody else?

but doesn't that also apply identically to waking up before everybody else?
I don't think so. Studies have shown that night owls are more psychopathic on average than morning people. Morning people are more likely to be conscientious, while night owls are more likely to be impulsive and risk taking. Now for the real question, are YOU a night owl or a morning person?

I don't think so. Studies have shown that night owls are more psychopathic on average than morning people. Morning people are more likely to be conscientious, while night owls are more likely to be impulsive and risk taking. Now for the real question, are YOU a night owl or a morning person?
I really like both staying up late and getting up super early. There was 2 weeks when I did a run at 4am everyday jamming to music in the city center but then I started running next to a lake at 6am when nobody is out and I like it just as much. I like the aura of night more though, with the views in the city being much better at 6am.

I really like both staying up late and getting up super early. There was 2 weeks when I did a run at 4am everyday jamming to music in the city center but then I started running next to a lake at 6am when nobody is out and I like it just as much. I like the aura of night more though, with the views in the city being much better at 6am.
So you are basically a morning person. How much do you usually sleep? If I get any less than 7 hours of sleep I feel like shit. I need my 7-8 hours of sleep.

So you are basically a morning person. How much do you usually sleep? If I get any less than 7 hours of sleep I feel like shit. I need my 7-8 hours of sleep.
8+, have nothing to do but studying for exams now. in a day before lectures during the semester i aim for 6+ for my brain to be usable 7+optimally

8+, have nothing to do but studying for exams now. in a day before lectures during the semester i aim for 6+ for my brain to be usable 7+optimally
At least you sleep a good amount usually. My sleep schedule is so messed up and I have horrible insomnia. There are many days I don't get to sleep at all and have to push through the next day. The longest I was ever awake continuously was 42 hours. It's so brutal man, and do your best to avoid this level of insomnia if you can. Being sleep deprived as often as I am will shorten your life a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back